DEPARTMENT OF OBST & GYNAE
Zanana Hospital, Jaipur
- Reception ,Enquiry & EPBx
- Emergency OPD
- Gynae & Obst, Care OPD
- Rajcare IVF centre at Charak Bhavan
- Family Planning center
- STD & RTI Clinic
- Cancer screening & Colposcopy clinic
- Specialty Clinic – (Infertility, Adolescent, Menopause, & High risk pregnancy)
- Well-equipped operation theatre, Modular O.T.
- Endoscopic Surgery
- Blood Bank
- Pathological Laboratory
- X-Ray & Sonography
- Janani Suraksha Yojna
- Janani Shishu suraksha Yojna
- MMNDY (Chief Minister Free Drug distribution)
- Patient Kitchen & Mass
- Vaccination Center
- Day Care Center
- Lifeline fluid & Drug Store
- Training center (CAC, BeMOC, PPIUCD)
- BSBY( Bhamshah Bima yojna)
- Laqshya initiative in labour room services
The hospital blocks are interconnected and the facilities for patients are available on Ground, First and Second floors & Basement area. Sign boards & directions are available throughout the institution for proper guidance of patients and attendants. The hospital has 24 hrs electricity and clean water supply with proper biomedical waste management & sanitation. Fire extinguishers are available for disaster management
(1) Reception & Inquiry :-
It is situated near the main entrance with following services:-
Ø Information about unit days, doctors, available medical services, departments location, timing of hospital & support services.
Ø Registration & maintenance of records of indoor patients.
Ø New born baby registration.
Ø Gate passes for attendants.
Ø Information regarding indoor patients.
Ø Information regarding ambulance and free transportation.
Ø Suggestion Box.
Ø Booking of Cottage & cubical wards.
Ø Issue of Birth & Death certificates.
(2) Emergency Department:-
It is available for Obstetrics & Gynaecology patients in Room No. 15 round the clock. A senior doctor with a resident doctor and a nurse are available for the same. Information of doctor’s duty roster is available on the notice board. For first-aid services, emergency drugs, dressing trolly, equipments, stretcher, and wheel chair are readily available.
(3) Outdoor Patient Department (OPD)
Timings: - Summer- 1st April to 30th Sept (8 AM to 2 PM)
Winter- 1st Oct to 31st March (9AM to 3PM)
Sunday & Govt. Holidays- (9AM to 11AM)
Strength of Obst. & Gynae. faculty & other doctors is 7 Professors, 9 Asst. Professors, 4 Senior Residents (SR), 2 Senior Specialists, 2SMO, 7 M.O & 30 Resident Doctors.
(A) Gynaecology OPD:-
It is being run in room no. 15 on all week days by a team of faculty members, resident doctors and other doctors along with nursing staff. STD clinic is run simultaneously and patients are provided with drug kits and counseled by a counselor free of cost. Waiting area and Help Desk is available near this OPD.
(B) Antenatal Clinic (ANC):-
It is being run in room no. 20 from Monday to Saturday. At the entry of ANC there is a waiting area for the patients and attendants with a facility of television & video player to provide educational information regarding HIV, pregnancy, Antenatal care, childcare, immunization, contraception etc. Attached to this waiting area is an ICTC with two counsellors and two Lab technicians for guidance of pregnant ladies about HIV & Voluntary testing for HIV. Basic Laboratory investigations like Hb% and urine for albumin & sugar are available in ANC itself with facility of Tetanus Toxoid injection, emergency drugs, patient’s trolly, and wheel chairs.
There are four computerized registration counters near the OPD for general, BPL patients and for investigation slips. 2 counters for BSBY have been opened shortly near ANC & Gynae. OPD.
There is 1 Assistant Professor in Pathology, one Biochemist & 11 technicians. Laboratory investigations are available in Room No. 21. Certain investigations are available free under the schemes JSSY and MNJY which include Pathology, Biochemistry and Microbiology investigations during hospital hours. During emergency hours, investigations are sent at central lab, SMS Hospital, Jaipur.
(5) X-Ray and Sonography:-
There is 1 Assistant Professor, 3 Resident Doctor & 5 technicians. Digital X-Ray, ECG, and Ultrasonography facilities are available round the clock. Colour Doppler Sonography, 4-D Ultrasound & Mammography are available for high risk patients during routine hours.
(6) Hospital Pharmacy:-
Medical Store facility is available inside the hospital campus and near the wards. Seven medical counters (DDC) provide with free medicines including, one, 24 hours drug counter at the ground floor. These counters are supervised by doctors.
(7)Indoor Patient Department (IPD):-
Junior & Senior doctors take round every day in the morning & evening. Resident doctors are available round the clock in wards supervised by faculty members. Senior Doctors perform floor & on call duties. IPD is fully equipped with oxygen supply, nebulizer, resuscitative equipments, suction machine, medicines & others.
(A) Clean Labour Room (CLR):-
There are two well equipped CLRs (total no. of 19 beds) which run round the clock, alternatively after proper cleaning & fumigation. Each is provided with well trained doctors & nursing staff with modern facilities like Oxygen line, Recliner Beds, Pulse oxymeters, Doppler Ultrasound, NST, CTG, attached nursery & central AC. It has attached CLR ward near the labour room reception area.
(B) Septic Labour Room (SLR):-
Septic & high risk patients are treated here with all modern amenities including ICU beds, oxygen line, & Central AC. There are total no. of 11 beds. It has attached SLR ward for less serious patients.
(C) Day Care Room :-
Available for observation & treatment of anaemic patients requiring Blood Transfusion & IV iron therapy & for patients of minor operations & other day care surgeries.
(D) Wards: -
General (pre & post Natal wards, pre & post operative wards), ICU beds, Cubical & Cottage rooms are available. There are four cottage & five cubical rooms available on payment. These are maintained by MRS
(8) Auxillary Services
1. Central General & Medical Store
2. Kitchen (Dietary Services) :- Fresh diet including milk, fruits, biscuits & porridge is served to patients in the wards thrice a day free of cost.
4. Waste Management Department
5. Central Sterilization Department
6. Central Medical Gas supply Department
7. Engineering Department (Electricity & Plumbing)
8. Sulabh Complex (Public Toilets) :- It is available for outdoor patients & attendants near the OPD block.
9. Water Hut:- For Hospital Attendants.
10. Parking Area: - It is available in the front part of hospital campus for patients, attendants & staff.
11. Ambulance:- 3 Ambulance are available round the clock for patients & doctors, besides free transport services for JSSY.
12. Others :- Central Communication System (PBX) & Hospital Administration (Establishment ).
13. Indira Rasoi :-This hospital provides hygienic food to patients attendants in Rs 8/plate only.
(1) Blood Bank: -
There is 1 Assistant Professor, 1 Medical Officer, 8 technicians & 1 Counsellor. Blood Bank has the capacity of storage of 400 (whole blood) bags round the clock. At a time 200- 250 bags are available, daily collection being 15-20 units & a free supply of 20 units /day is done under JSSY. Blood units are tested for Hepatitis B & C, HIV, VDRL & malaria.
(2) Pediatrics Unit: -
There is 1 Professor, 2 Assistant Professors, 2 Senior Residents & 5 Resident Doctors. It includes the NICU (Neonatal Intensive care unit.), PTO room, observation room and newly inaugurated Milk Bank (Jeevan dhara) & Breast Feeding Management Room for treatment and observation of new born who are high risk or have disease. It is equipped with state of art like support systems for each newborn like ventilators, monitors, infusion pumps, humidifiers, incubators, phototherapy machines, blood gas analyzers & others.
(3) Operation Theatre (OT):-
There is 2 Senior Professors, 1 Assistant Professor, 1 Senior Resident & 6 Resident Doctors in the department of Anaesthesia. It is fully equipped with Ventilators, Defibrillators, Monitors, Infusion pumps, suction machine, Resuscitative equipments, piped oxygen, Central AC, 24 hrs electricity supply with backup generator. There are six OT tables which run simultaneously during routine hours. Three tables run during emergency hours. Operations are done free of cost except Laparoscopy surgeries. Major Operations (by Abdominal & Vaginal routes) & minor operations are done routinely. Microsurgery, minimal invasive surgeries including (Diagnostic Laparoscopy, Hysteroscopy, LAVH, TLH & others are also done). OT consists of well trained anaesthetists round the clock.
(4) Recovery Room & ICU (I Floor) & Pre & Post Operative Wards & Maternity wards (I & II Floor) are available for observation and treatment of operated patients. They are fully equipped with resuscitative equipments.
(1) Specialty Clinics: - In each Specialty clinic there is one Professor along with one to two Assistant Professors and Medical Officer. Infertility, Menopause, Colposcopy, RTI/STI & High risk Pregnancy Clinics run on all working days from 12 O’ clock to 2PM in summers. & 1PM to 3PM in winters for better & preventive patient care.
(2) Family Welfare Clinic:- There is one Senior Specialist & One Medical Officer. They provide Counselling Services & offer contraception and follow up care for methods like nirodh, oral pills, Interval IUCD & PPICUD (temporary methods) and terminal methods like sterilization & recanalization.
(3) Immunization Clinic:- Runs from Monday to Saturday.
(4) Library & Seminar Hall & Meeting Hall- It is available for UGs, PGs teaching & interaction by Faculty Members with audio visual aids and museum.
(5) Medical Record Office: - Provides information regarding Vital Statistics, Birth & Death records & RTI. Indoor patients’ tickets are maintained & information of birth & death is sent to Nagar Nigam, Jaipur.
(6) IVF Centre:- Hospital offers all kind of male and female infertility treatments. This centre provides well equipped health care facility with modern equipment to support better treatment of patients.