Department Of Microbiology
· Gram’s staining
· Albert staining
· Hanging drop examination
Pyogenic Culture & Sensitivity
· Aerobic culture and sensitivity by conventional method and Automated Vitek II system
· Quality control testing of blood Bank Samples of Jaipur as well as from Peripheral Hospitals.
· Investigation of outbreaks samples, under IDSP scheme (Integrated Disease Surveillance Programme)
· Pre & Post Pasteurization testing of Human Milk samples coming from Milk bank in Mahila Hospital
· Part of National Antimicrobial resistance surveillance network with NCDC New Delhi. (AMR)
· Wet mount-KOH
· India ink staining
· Fungal culture and Identification
· Speciation & Drug susceptibility of by yeast Vitek-2 system.
· ZN staining
· Mycobacterium culture & drug susceptibility by conventional (LJ media) & Automated (MGIT-960) system.
· RNTCP & DOTS PLUS Programme
Advance Research & Virology Lab
· The lab has BSL-3 facility for diagnosis of highly infectious agents
· SARS COVID-2 Testing facility
· Viral diagnosis for more than 40 viruses by ELISA, PCR.
· Viral Load estimation for HBV, HCV, HIV.
· Genome typing
Clinical Microbiology (Central Lab)
· Serology of Infectious diseases by Rapid, ELISA & Automated Chemiluminescence Analyzer.
· For admitted patients 24X7 HIV , VCV & HBsAg testing facility
Measles & Rubella Lab
· Serological diagnosis of Measles & Rubella
HIV Test Laboratory
· Pre & post test Counseling-
· Testing for HIV antibodies as per NACO guidelines
· CD4 + T lymphocyte count testing of HIV positive patients
· Sample collection site for Early Infant Diagnosis
· HIV Viral Load test
· Participate in Sentinel Surveillance to access prevalence of HIV infection.
· Stool microscopy for intestinal parasites
· Acid fast staining of stool samples for coccidian parasites
· Diagnosis of parasites in different tissue and body fluid.
· Environmental Surveillance of OTs & ICUs of SMS & Allied Hospital on regular basis.
Last Updated: 12.02.2021