Department Of Cardiology
• No. of DET( Diploma in ECG Technician) students- 20 per year.
• No. of equipment-
- Three Cath labs with state of the art equipment like IVUS, FFR, CT+3D imaging, IABP, Rotablator, EP system, Electrocautery etc.
- Two 3-D Echo machine and four 2-D echo machines distributed in Echo lab, Cath lab, ICCU and Emergency dept.
- 2 TMT machines
- 11 Holter Devices
• OPD runs 7 days a week
• 24 hours Cardiology Emergency services with round the clock presence of DM resident.
• No. of patients visited Cardiology department last year
No. of patients attending OPDx
No. of Indoor admissions
No. of 2D-Echo
No. of Holter monitoring
No. of TMT
No. of Cath/ Interventions
• We are also providing Superspeciality services to Seth S. R. Goyal satellite hospital, Sethi colony, Jaipur 3 days a week.
• Primary PCI is being done round the clock and this facility is present in only few Govt. Hospitals anywhere in India. Also the Door to balloon time in our hospital is around 70 min. which is well under the international recommendations of less than 90 min.
• An exhaustive DM Cardiology teaching program is going on in the department five days a week with full participation of students and consultants.
• Our students who come for DM get excellent exposure to clinical and interventional work which sets them not only at par but I take pride in saying that they are even better than their counterparts in leading premier institutes of the country. This is the reason why most of them are very well settled now and are doing very well wherever they are.
• Our department also offers Diploma for ECG Technician(DET) course in which 20 students get admitted yearly.
Infrastructure and manpower
The present position of our Department is as follows-
1. No. of consultants = 15. These include 7 Professors, 3 Associate Professor, 5 Assistant
Professors and 1 M.O. & they are distributed in four units.
2. No. of Residents = 28 (8 per year, 12 from this year).
3. No. of DET students = 20 per year.
4. No. of beds = 50 beds in general ward, 28 beds in ICCU and 20 beds in PCRA (30 additional general ward beds have been sanctioned).
5. No. of equipments -
- Three Cath Labs with state of the art equipments like – IVUS, FFR, CT + 3D imaging, Rotablater, IABP, EP System, Electrocautery etc. One new Cath lab has been sanctioned and will be installed soon.
- Two 3D and Six 2D Echo machines distributed in the Echo Room, ICCU, Cath Lab & Emergency.
- 2 TMT machines
- 2 Holter Machines
- A New 2D Echo machine has been installed in November 2018.
6. OPD runs all 7 days of the week.
7. 24 hours Cardiology Emergency is there with round the clock presence of a DM Resident.
8. We are also providing Super Specialty services to Seth S.R. Goyal Satellite Hospital, Sethi Colony and Kanwatia Hospital, Jaipur – 3 times in a week.
9. Specialty clinics, as per MCI norms are being run 3 times in a week in the OPD (Monday, Wednesday & Thursday). These are :-
a. Heart failure clinic.
b. Combined clinic with CTVS and paediatric cardiology clinic.
c. Pacing & Arrhythmia clinic.
10. Primary PCI is being done round-the-clock by a consultant and this facility is present in very few Govt. Hospitals anywhere in India. Also the door-to-device time in our hospital is about 70 minutes which is much better than the international recommendation of 90 minutes.
11. Our students who come for DM get excellent exposure to clinical and interventional work which sets them not only at par but I take pride in saying that they are even better than their counter parts in leading premier institutes of the country.
This is the reason why most of them are very well settled now and are doing very well wherever they are.
12. Presently work in the department is covering all aspects of cardiology including –
- 2D Echo, 3D Echo, TEE, Tissue Doppler imaging, Stress Echo etc.
- Holter Monitoring
- PTCA + Stenting
- Primary PCI
- Carotid and Peripheral Angioplasty.
- Renal Angioplasty.
- ASD, VSD and PDA Device Closure.
- Permanent Pacemaker Implantation including Dual Chamber and MRI compatible pacemakers.
- ICD and CRT (Biventricular pacemaker for heart failure).
- EPS and RF Ablation.
- Arterial Embolisation procedures to control bleeding.
- Endomyocardial Biopsy.
These are comparable to most of the leading Govt. Institutes anywhere in India.
We are also trying to upgrade our facilities in the field of structural heart disease which includes –
Endovascular treatment of Aneurysm, dissection, para vascular leaks as well as TAVI (Trans Catheter Aortic Valve Implantation).
13 As per RUHS rules all DM Residents are required to published at least Two Research papers in reputed journals before they appear for their final exams. The number of papers being published in our department since the last 7 years are about 16 per year.
14 All consultants are giving biometric attendance. The attendance of all DM students as well as DET students are being sent regularly every month to the Principal / Medical Superintendent.
15 Lectures and procedures by invited faculty from India & Abroad in the Department
a. Visit of Dr.Srinivas from Mumbai on 23/01/2018- Performed complex congenital heart disease Interventions in our cath lab.
b. Visit of Dr. Miroslaw Ferenc from Italy on 08th & 09th February 2018 – Performed complex coronary artery interventions in our cath lab.
c. Visit of Dr.Srinivas from Mumbai on 10/03/2018- Performed complex congenital heart disease Interventions in our cath lab.
d. Visit of Dr. Miroslaw Ferenc from Italy on 16th & 17th March 2018 – Performed complex coronary artery interventions in our cath lab.
e. Visit of Dr. Ganesh Kumar AV from Mumbai on 27th & 28th September 2018 - Performed coronary artery interventions in our cath lab.
f. Visit of Dr. Pradeep Jhund from U.K. on 15th November 2018 – Delivered a lecture on The Conundrum of the stable heart failure patient in our seminar room.
g. Visit of Dr.Srinivas from Mumbai on 28/12/2018- Performed complex congenital heart disease Interventions in our cath lab.
16 New Proposals/ Sanctions for the Department are:-
a. A new cath lab has been sanctioned and will be installed soon.
b. Proposal to build a new area on the roof of Bangar Hospital to accommodate 30-40 general beds has been sanctioned.
c. Proposal for procurement of new TEE Probe for new 2D Echo machine installed in November 2018.
d. Proposal for new TMT machine.
e. Proposal for new IABP machine.
f. Proposal for new 3D Mapping system for EPS & RFA.