The department of orthopaedics comprises of four units with total bed strength of 150 beds that include post operative ward and ortho I.C.U. ward. Two units at MBS hospital and two units are working at New Medical College Hospital.
OPD and EMERGENCY CALL DAYS
OPERATION TABLE ALLOTED
Monday,Tuesday Thrusday,Friday, 1st and 3rd &5TH Sunday,
Wednesday,Saturday, 2nd and 4th Sunday
Tuesday and Friday
Tuesday,Thrusday, Saturday, 1st and 3rd &5TH Sunday
Monday,Wednesday ,Friday, 2nd and 4th Sunday
1. Three fully equipped operation theatres for elective surgeries.
2. Two emergency operation theatres for emergency surgeries.
3. Indoor plaster room and Outdoor plaster room.
4. Rehabilitation and Physiotherapy centre.
5. Ortho I.C.U . 10 beds.
6. 4 beds for post operative patients.
7. Departmental seminar room.
8. Departmental library and museum.
Surgeries performed are:
1. General trauma
2. Joint replacement surgeries.
3. Arthroscopic surgeries.
4. Hand surgeries
5. Spine surgeries.
6. Paediatric Orthopaedics
Along with regular UG and PG teachings and care of the OPD and IPD patients,almost every type of major,minor and emergency surgical procedures are being performed by the faculty in the department.
On every Monday Disability Evaluation and certificates issued along with regular camps organised in the periphery. Disability certificates for MACT being issued by the department.
New Hospital Medical College Kota
The department of orthopaedics in NHMC,kota was started since 2012 under the guidance of Dr Rajesh Goel and Dr R.P Meena.
Dr R.P Meena was appointed as head of unit B of orthopaedics on 1 July 2013.
After its inception this department under his guidance had performed several complicated and one of its kind surgeries which was never performed in government set up in kota like-
-Total &Reverse shoulder arthroplasty.
-Mother’s bone allograft transplantation to 4 year old child.
-Numerous single sitting bilateral hip and knee arthroplasties.
-Various Complicated surgeries in more than 100 year old patients.
Here orthopaedic surgery is dedicated in providing excellent patient care and outstanding education for society,students,residents and fellows in the field of orthopaedic surgery.
The department of orthopaedics focuses on patient care in each of these orthopaedic subspecialities-
1)Orthopaedics and general trauma
2)Joint replacement surgeries(hip,shoulder and knee)
4)Hand,foot and ankle surgeries
8)Physical medicine and rehabilitation
The faculty is recognized as excellent clinicians and surgeons providing care for the most difficult problems in orthopaedics.In addition,they are known nationwise through their contributions to the literature and visiting professorships as well as numerous awards and grants.
30 beds (10 female and 20 male)
24X7 care provided by specialized doctors.
Clean and hygienic environment(shoes and slippers strictly not allowed inside ward even of doctors,smoking and tobacco chewing strictly prohibited,multiple attenders not allowed unless required)
Emergency and intensive care available inside ward.(ventilators,emergency drugs& facilities )
Highly trained and educated staff
Contact no.-07442470477 Extension-270,277
Monday ,Wednesday and Friday and every 2nd and 4rth Sunday
Winter-9am to 3pm
Summer-8am to 2pm
Day by day our department is dedicated in advancing the field with focus on “bench to bedside” innovation through sponsored research.
The mentoring and development of medical college kota residents as potential clinical investigators and surgeons widens this fundamental mission of the department.We had organized national level conferences to explore and share the knowledge &practices trending in the field of orthopaedics at grand level.
Recognitions & Achievements
Dr R.P MEENA
1)I.M.A(Indian Medical Association) ,Kota
-Joint secretary (2008-09)
-Vice President (2014-15)
2)Joint organizing secretary,ROSACON(2006-07)(2012-13)
3)Joint organizing secretory,CEZCON(2016-17)
4)State representative (rajasthan), central zone of orthopaedics(2016-17)
5}on 15th august, honoured by district collector and minister for his contribution to the society.
Details of CME programs, conference and /or any academic activities conducted by the department.
· CEZCON 2016 organised by GMC,KOTA & KOS.
· Live surgery workshop on Total Knee Replacement was held at Govt. Medical college & Asssociated Group Of Hospital, KOTA.
· Cadeveric workshop on Pelvi-Acetabular Surgery was held on 24-25 july 2014- at Govt. Medical college & Asssociated Group Of Hospital, KOTA.
· Cadeveric Arthroscopic workshop was held on 22-Jan-2012 at Govt. Medical college & Asssociated Group Of Hospital, KOTA.
-Result of the PG examination of the year 2014 and year 2015
2014: Dr.naveen goyal, Dr.rajendra papal, Dr.ramkhiladi meena, Dr.yogesh sisodia, Dr.manoj tyagi, Dr.nikhil Jain – Passed
2015: Dr.Mukesh Haritwal, Dr.SriKiran Thalanki, Dr.Ashwani Bagaria, Dr.Om Prakash Meena, Dr.ShivRaj Vishnoi, Dr Dharmesh Sogarwal- Passed
2016-Dr.Dinesh Bairwa,DR.Avinaash Rai,Dr.Sumer Singh,Dr,Chirag Bhatia,Dr.Sanjay Agarwal,Dr. Shobhit Gupta-Passed
2017-Dr. Sanjay Kumar Meena,Dr. Ramesh,Dr. Bal Kishan,Dr. Ashwin,Dr.Devendra,Dr.Nishant-Passed.
· Detailed latest status of recognition of all the PG courses – Six seats (recognized)…..Recognized (23-09-14) - 4 to 6
Four more seats permitted from this session,total intake of P.G. seats are ten.
· Details of available clinical material in all the clinical departments - Adequate
· Dr. Chirag Bhatia got research scholarship at Aberdeen,U.K.
· Dr. Sri Kiran Thalanki: Presented a paper for ‘Dr vinod jaskaran gold medal’ on evaluation of fixation of capitellar fracture by Herbert screw.
· Dr. Srikiran Thalanki & Dr. Chirag Bhatia presented papers in international orthopedic conference “SICOT,China” 2015.
· Dr. Avinash Kumar Rai presented E Poster international orthopedic conference “SICOT,China” 2015.
· Dr. Srikiran Thalanki, Dr. Chirag Bhatia, Dr. Avinash kumar Rai, Dr. Dinesh Bairwa, Dr. Shobhit Gupta, Dr. Ashwin Gondane Presented Papers in Central Zone Orthopedics Conference, CEZCON, 2015.
· Dr. Ashwin Gondane won a GOLD Medal in paper presentation in Central Zone Orthopedics Conference, CEZCON, 2015.