Origin and Development
The history of the Board of Secondary Education Rajasthan (BSER) is a remarkable panorama of progressive record of the futurological vision for developing a dynamic system of various sub-systems of examinations and highlights of the academic excellence of the last four decades. The BSER took rapid strides for promotion and development of Secondary Education in Rajasthan, spread over 3,42,239 sq. km. and in more than 6000 schools located in 32 districts involving 8.5 lakhs students for Secondary and Senior Secondary Examination in the year 2000.
With the promulgation of the Rajasthan Secondary Education Act in 1957, this Board was set up in Jaipur on 4th Dec, 1957. It was shifted to Ajmer in 1961. In the year 1973 it began functioning in its present multistoried building with an enchanting dignity of its own with all amenities.
The Board of Secondary Education, Rajasthan has been constituted under the Rajasthan Secondary Education Act 1957. The set up is as follows :
|Ex-Officio Members, Including Vice Chairman||7|
|Nominated members by the state government||17|
|Nominated members by the speaker legislative assembly||2|
- The Chairman is nominated by the State Government.
- Director, Secondary Education is Vice- Chairman and Ex-officio member of the Board.
- Tenure of the Board is three years.
- Secretary of the Board is appointed by the State Government.
- The work of the Board is transacted by employees and officers as per rules prescribed by the Board.