Principal & Controller
About the Principal
Dr. Deepak Verma
Date of Birth
Entry in Govt. Service
Medical College Pali
Year of passing
|Basic Laparoscopic training at Apollo Hospital, Hyderabad||1999|
|Advanced Laparoscopic Training AIIMS Delhi|
- Medical Superintendent Dec.2013 to July 2015 M.D.M. Hospital, Jodhpur
Ø Monitored & Supervised Construction of Medical College Pali.
Ø Recruitment of Faculty & staff for Medical College Pali.
Ø Up gradation of Bangur hospital to function as Teaching Hospital & to provide Tertiary level Health care.
Ø Got approval from MCI for 100 MBBS students admission for the session 2018-19(LOP).
1. Awarded appreciation certificate by District Collector, Jalore in 1985 on 15TH August, 1985 for contribution towards family planning under 20 point programme.
2. Awarded gold medal for best paper presentation by Rajasthan chapter of Association of surgeons of India for presentation in conference in1988.
3. Awarded appreciation certificate for paper presentation by Rajasthan Chapter of Association of surgeons of India in 1987.
4. Awarded meritorious award by Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India in 2005 for performance in Fellowship examination.
5. Awarded fellowship by Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endosurgeons Society.
6. Awarded fellowship by Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India .
7. Appreciation Certificate by Head of the Department, Principal and Controller and Ministry of Health, Rajasthan.
8. Awarded prestigious award “ Veer Durga Das Award” by society in 2013.
9. Awarded Times Marwar Health Care Achievement Award by Time Group 2015.
10.Awarded for Excellence in Health Care by Dainik Bhaskar Group in 2017.
National Programme / Trainings attended
1. Institutional course on medical education science.
2. Integrated Child Development Scheme – 1987.
3. Workshop on AIDS – 1993.
4. Modular Training in National Tuberculosis Control Programme.
5. Sensitization session on Revised National Tuberculosis Control Programme.
1. Association of Surgeons of India.
2. Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India.
3. Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endosurgeons.
4. Indian Medical Association.
5. Indian Society of Surgical Gastroenterology.
6. Society of Endoscopic and Laparoscopic surgeons of India.
7. Hernia Society of India.
8. Asia Pacific Hernia Society.
1. Verma D, Singh H, Bhatia B, Bhatia R: FLUORIDES IN UROLITHIASIS - A PRELIMINARY SURVEY. Ind.J.Uro 1990, Vol.7, No.1:23-24
2. Verma D, Parihar A, Singh H, Ramdeo IN: SYMPATHIC ORCHIOPATHIA – AN EXPERIMENTAL STUDY. Ind.J.Sur 1992; Vol 54(6),: 260-262.
3. Singh H, Verma D, Chaturvedi A, Daga K : DANAZOLE IN BENIGN BREAST DISEASE. The Ind Practitioner 198;, Vol .XLII, No.5:353-355.
4. Verma D, Bhandari S, Singh H : TOLUIDINE STAINING CHARACTERSTICS WITH SPECIAL REFERENCE TO GASTRIC MUCOSA. Bulletin of Jaslok Hospital & Research Centre 1993, Vol XVII , No.2: 12-16 . ISSN 0379-1653.
5. Verma D, Arora R. PROFILE OF MALE EXTERNAL GENITALIA INJURIES. Ind J Clinical Practice 1991, Vol 2, No. 4:27-29.
6. Verma D : ABDOMINAL TUBECTOMY – A SAFE OPD PROCEDURE IN RURAL AREA. Ind J of Med Sci 1989; No.10: 268-269, 1989
7.Verma D, Bhatia B, Gupta PC, Singh H, Naithani V : AETIOLOGICAL APPROACH TO RECURRENT AND MULTIPLE UROLITHIASIS. Ind Med Gazzet 1992; Vol.CXXVI , No.8:228-232.
8. Singh PP, Verma D, Goyal A, Pendse AK.: HYDROXYPROLINURIA IN STONE FORMERS AND THE EFFECT OF CYSTONE THERAPY.Karnataka Med J 1984, Vol.51 : 65-67.
9. Verma D, Singh H: MYCETOMA – A TROPICAL MENACE. J App Med 1991; Vol.17, No.3 :195-196.
10. Verma D, Daga K, Naithani V, Singh H: A CLINICOPATHOLOGICAL STUDY OF GALL-BLADDER CARCINOMA. Sur J of Nor Ind 1992, Vol.8, No.1: 1-4.
11. Verma D, Singh H: NEW TECHNIQUE OF DILATING TIGHT STRICTURES BY ANTEGRADE ROUTE. Raj Med J 1990, Vol XXIX, No.2,: 49-52. 12. Verma D, Quadri M, Singh H: PREVALENCE, PROFILE, SURGICAL INTERVENTION AN MORBIDITY IN ABDOMINAL TUBERCULOSIS.Ind Med Gazzet 1991; Vol. CXXV, No.5 : 147-151.
13. Verma D, Pendse AK, Singh PP.: HYPEROXALURIA IN UROLITHIASIS AND CYSTONE THERAPY. The Antiseptic 1989; Vol. 86, No. 5: 257-259.
14. Verma D, Bhatia B, Singh H, Ghosh R.: STATUS OF INHIBITORS OF UROLITHIASIS IN RAJASTHAN. Raj Med J 1989; Vol. XXVII, No. 2-4 : 86-90 .
15. Verma D, Jawahar A, Lodha SC, Jain CP : EVALUATION OF OPTIMUM CONCENTRATION OF HYALURONIDASE FOR PREVENTION OF EXPERIMENTALLY PRODUCED POSTOPERATIVE INTRAPERITONEAL ADHESIONS. Ind Med Gazzet 1993, Vol. CXXVII, No.9: 294-297.
16. Verma D, Chaturvedi A, Pendse AK, Singh PP.: CHEMICAL PROFILE OF URINARY CALCULUS IN RAJASTHAN. S.D.M.H. J1989; Vol. 12, No.4: 271-274.
17. Verma D, Chouhan MK, Singh H, Ghosh R.: THYROID DISEASE PROFILE IN WESTERN RAJASTHAN. The Ind Practitioner1990; Vol XLII, No.6 : 489-493.
18. Verma D.: CLINCOPATHOLOGICAL SPECTRUM OF ISOLATED THYROID SWELLING. The Antiseptic 1990; Vol. 87(12) : 642-645.
19. Verma D.: MALE EXTERNAL GENITALIA TRAUMA – A REVIEW.Medical clinics of Mediquest 1990; Vol. 8, No.3, :13-16.
20. Verma D, Chouhan MK, Singh H, Ghosh R, Quadri M : SPECTRUM OF THYROIDITIS – 10 YEARS STUDY. S.D.M.H.J 1990; Vol. 14, No.1: 15-18.
21. Verma D, Singh H : CARCINOID RECTAL POLYP – A CASE REPORT. J.Int Med.Sci.Academy 1988; Vol. 1, No.2:92-93.
22. Mewara PC, Babel A, Verma D, Pendse AK. TAENIA SOLIUM AS A CAUSE OF OBSTRUCTIVE APPENDICITIS. S.D.M.H. J 1982; Vol.6, No.1 : 55-56.
23. Pendse AK, Mewara PC, Babel AL, Verma D.: TRICHOBEZOAR ( Report of 4 cases) Raj Med J 1982; Vol. XXI, No.3 : 119-122..
24.Pendse AK, Babel A, Mewara PC, Kumawat JL, Verma D: BILATERAL ABSENCE OF VAS & EPIDICYMIS. Raj Med J 1984; Vol.7, No.2 :103-107.
25. Babel A, Doshi V, Purohit AK, Verma D, Pendse AK. SCROTAL GUINEA WORM. S.D.M.H.Journal,1982; Vol.5, No.4 : 247-248.
26. Verma D. HYPEROXALURIA IN UROLITHIASIS AND CYSTONE THERAPY. . Probe 1990, Vol. XXIX, No.2 : 125-127.
27. Rathore S S, Verma D. ENCYSTED DIVERTICULAR ENTEROLITH – A CASE STUDY. S.D.M.H.J 1995;19(2):105-6.
28. Verma D, Joshi P, Verma NK: Primary Pancreatic Hydatid Cyst : An uncommon condition. New.Ind.J.Surg 2012;Vol3(4), 247-9
29. Verma D, Janweja L, Singh H : OVARIAN MALIGNANCY – SURGEON’S VIEW. Qr Jr of Surg Sci 1992, Vol. 27-28, No. 1&2 : 13-17, 9780/6.
30. Verma D, Joshi P, Verma N, Kothari N.: Adenocarcinoma of Choledochal Cyst - A Case report. Ind J Surg 2015; 17(1)24-5.
31. Verma D, Kothari A, Joshi P, Verma N. Deva Ram: Primary tubercular hepatic abscess in immunocompetent patient: Jr.Ind. Med Asso 2014
32. Seeravi M, Verma D, Chand N, Sharma S. Primary closure of common bile duct versus T-tube placement after choledocholithotomy. Int J Surg 2020; 7:1951-5.
33. Verma D, Ratan, Chand N. Study of preoperative clinical and investigative factors predicting difficult laparoscopic cholecystectomy. Int J Res (G) 2020; 8(3),207-13.
34. D Verma, D Ram, M Gupta, N Chand. Laparoscopic Herniotomy – A single centre study of 150 cases. Am J Clin Exp Med 2017;Vol. 5. No.5:181-85.
35. Verma D, Lal C, Sharma A, Siravi M. Laparoscopic versus open surgical management of Idiopathic Varicocele: a study of 100 patients. Int.Surg.J., 2017, Vol.4, Issue 9,3071-76.
36.Verma D, Nemi Chand, Jain N, Sharma S. Comparison of Z-Plasty versus excision for primary treatment of chronic pilonidal sinus. NIJS :2020, Vol 11: No.3;313-318
37. Verma D, Nemi Chand, Sharma S, Malani M, Yadav P. Modification of steps in difficult laparoscopic cholecystectomy to minimize the conversion rate. J Surg 2020;8(4):118-122.
38. Verma D, Sharma S. Lalit Kishore, Tinaikar A. Gastrointestinal perforation in COVID-19 patients – case series and review of literature. Clin Surg Res Commun 2020; 4(4):13-17. DOI: 10.31491/CSRS/2020.12.064.
39. Jain N K, Garima, Verma V, Verma Deepak. Evaluation of preoperative health assessment factors in geriatric surgical patients which may predict postoperative complications. . MedPulse Int J Surg 2021; 17(1) :13-17.
40. Lalit Kishore, Naraniya S, Verma Deepak, Yadav P, Vedprakash A, Ratan Raj. A clinico-epidemiological study of complicated external hernia. Cli Surg Res Commun 2020; 4(4): 01-05.
CONFERENCES , WORKSHOPS, SKILL COURSES AND SEMINARS ATTENDED
1. III State conference of Pathologists, Microbiologists and Forensic Pathologists of Rajasthan held at Dr.Sampurnanand Medical College,Jodhpur 0n 18019th September, 1987.
2. 21st Annual conference of Urological Society of India held at Dr.Sampurnanand Medical College, Jodhpur on 4th-7th October, 1987.
3. IX Annual Conference of Association of Surgeons of India ( Rajasthan Chapter ) held at Kota on 29th – 30th November, 1987.
4. X Annual conference of Association of Surgeons of India ( Rajasthan Chapter) held at Ajmer on 7th-9th October, 1988.
5. XI Annual conference of Association of Surgeons of India (Rajasthan Chapter) held at Sanwali-Sikar on 20th – 22nd October, 1989.
6. Continuing Urological Education and Scientific programme held at Dr.Sampurnanand Medical College, Jodhpur on 11th – 12th February, 1990
7. Polytrauma Management Symposium held at S.M.S.Medical College, Jaipur on 17th-18th August, 1991
8. XII Annual conference of Association of Surgeons of India ( Rajasthan Chapter) held at Bikaner on 13th – 15th September, 1991
9. 51st Annual Conference of Association of Surgeons of India (ASICON’91) held at Hyderabad on 27th-30th December, 1991.
10. Annual Conference of Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh held at Hyderabad on 30th-31st December and 1st January, 1992.
11. Continuing Surgical Education programme by Association of Surgeons of India ( Rajasthan Chapter ) held at Sikar on 11th April, 1992.
12. Seminar cum Live demonstration on EMS Swiss Lithoclast held at Dr.Sampurnanand Medical College, Jodhpur on 21st February, 1993.
13. Symposium cum workshop on AIDS held at Dr.Sampurnanand Medical College, Jodhpur on 15th 16th March, 1993.
14. Symposium on Surgical Gastroenterology and workshop of Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy held at Dr.Sampurnanand Medical College, Jodhpur on 11th-12th September, 1993.
15. C.M.E. Intensive care -94 held at Dr.Sampurnanand Medical College, Jodhpur on 13th-14th March, 1994.
16. Workshop on Recent Advances in Head and Neck Surgery held at Dr.Sampurnanand Medical College, Jodhpur on 3rd-4th April, 1994.
17. C.M.E. by Department of Dermatology held at Dr.Sampurnanand Medical College, Jodhpur on 25th September, 1994.
18. 4th North zone conferenceo of Urological Society of India held at Dr.Sampurnanand Medical College, Jodhpur on 14th-16th October, 1994.
19. Sixth Annual Conference of Physcians of India (Rajasthan) held at Dr.Sampurnanand Medical College, Jodhpur on 15th-17th February, 1995.
20. Workshop on Leprosy held at Dr.Sampurnanand Medical College, Jodhpur on 23rd and 24th September, 1995.
21. Annual conference of Association of Surgeons of India held at Dr.Sampurnanand Medical College, Jodhpur from 25th to 30th December, 1995.
22. Indo-US update on critical care medicine held at Dr.Sampurnanand Medical College, Jodhpur on 8th-9th December, 1996.
23. 43rd Annual conference of International College of Surgeons, Indian Section held at Mount Abu on 25th-28th September, 1997.
24. National congress of Andrology ( Andro-India’97) held at Dr.Sampurnanand Medical College, Jodhpur on 17th-19th October, 1997.
25. 57th Annual Conference of Association of Surgeons of India held at Bangalore on 26th-30th December, 1997.
26. Second national conference of SIHAM held at Dr.Sampurnanand Medical College,Jodhpur on 26th-28th February,1998.
27. 44th Annual conference of Indian section of International college of Surgeons and 3rd Conference of National section of ICS of SAARC countries held at M.G.M.Medical College, Indore on 24th-27th September, 1998.
28. First institutional course on Medical Educational science held at Dr.Sampurnanand Medical College, Jodhpur on 5th-10th October, 1998.
29. CME & Workshop on Oesophageal surgery held at Dr.Sampurnanand Medical College, Jodhpur on 13th-14th August, 1999.
30. Workshop and CME on portal hypertension and pancreatic resection held at Dr.Sampurnanand Medical College, Jodhpur on 11th-12th August, 2000.
31. Annual conference of the Rajasthan Chapter of Association of Surgeons of India held at R.N.T.Medical College, Udaipur on 10th-11th February, 2001.
32. National CME on Hand Surgery of India held at Dr.Sampurnanand Medical College, Jodhpur on 14th-16th September, 2001.
33. RAJASICON , state chapter of Association of Surgeons of India held at Medical College,Kota on 24th-25th November, 2001.
34. Live workshop and conference organized by Gujarat State chapter of Association of Surgeons of India held at Ahmedabad on 1st-2nd December, 2001.
35. Live workshop on Hernia Surgery organized by Rajasthan Chapter of Association of Surgeons of India held at Amar Jain Hospital, Jaipur on 6th-7th April, 2002.
36. Raj-Ogycon- 2002 organised by Jodhpur Gynaecological & Obstetrics society held at Dr.Sampurnanand Medical College, Jodhpur on 19th-20th October, 2002.
37. International Congress on Minimal Access Surgery organized by Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endosurgery at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi on 27th Feb – 1st March, 2005.
38. The inaugural International conference cum live workshop on minimal access Surgery held at AIIMS , New Delhi on 17th-20th March, 2005.
39. Annual conference of Indian Association of Pathology and Microbioogy held at Dr.Sampurnanand Medical College, Jodhpur on 15th-16th October, 2005.
40. 7th National Congress of Indian Association of Gasrointestinal Endosurgeons held at Bangalore on 9th-12th February, 2006.
41 National conference of Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India (AMASICON, 2006) held at Kolkata on 31st March-1st & 2nd April, 2006.
42. Instructional course in Laparoscopic Hernia Surgery held on 31st March, 2006 at Kolkata.
43. Second congress of Asia Pacific Hernia Society held at Sir Gangaram Hospital, New Delhi on 6th-8th October, 2006.
44. Third skill course and Fellowship programmed organized by AMASI at AIIMS, New Delhi on 29TH Nov – 2nd December, 2006
45. Modular Training on RNTCP held at Kamla Nehru State T.B. Demonstration and training centre, Ajmer fron 26th February to 2nd March,2007.
46. First fellowship course organized by Indian Association of Gasrointestinal Endosurgeons held at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi on 29th-31st March,2007.
47. Minimal Access Surgery conference organized by Endoscopic and Laparoscopic Surgeons of Agraon 18th-20th July, 2007.
48. Midterm conference of Indian Society of Gastroenterology held at Dr. Sampurnanand Medical College, Jodhpur on 9th-10th February, 2008
49. Third national congress of Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India (AMASICON 2008) held ar Shri Ramchandra Medical College,Chennai on 3rd-6th July, 2008.
50. First North zone conference of Society of Endoscopic and Laparoscopic surgeons of India held at Agra on 18th-19th October, 2008.
51. Training course on Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery organized by Minimal Access Surgery training centre at AIIMS, New Delhi on 17th-19th January, 2009
52. Third Surgical Week on Minimal Access Surgery organized by Department of Surgery, AIIMS, New Delhi on 19th-21st March, 2009.
53. Fourth National congress of Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India (AMASICON, 2009) held at Mumbai on 21st-24th May, 2009.
54. 8th National Conference of Obesity and Metabolic surgery society of India held at Jaipur, 5-7th March,2010
55. Annual Conference of Association of Surgeons of India, Rajasthan Chapter held at Udaipur ,9-10th January,2010
56. Annual Conference of Association of Surgeons of India, Rajasthan Chapter held at Jodhpur, September,2010
57. 6th International conference of AMASI, held at Singapore 21-25th May,2011
58. 7th International conference of AMASI held at Coimbayore 19-22nd July 2012.
59. 6th Annual conference of Rajasthan Association of Minimal Access Surgeons held at Jodhpur, September 8-9, 2012.
60. 6th Annual Conference of Society of Endoscopic and Laparoscopic Surgeons of India held at Srinagar, 19-22nd September,2013.
61. Annual Conference of Rajasthan Chapter of Association of surgeons of India held at Bikaner in October, 2015.
62. 4th Annual Conference of Research Society for the studies of Diabetes in India-Rajasthan Chapter at Jodhpur on 6th and 7th February,2016
63. Annual Conference of Rajasthan Chapter of Association OF Surgeons of India held at Jodhpur in 14th to 16th November,2016.
64. 10th Annual National Conference of the Society of Endoscopic and Laparoscopic Surgeons of India at Jaipur on 15th to 17th September,2017.
65. MID Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons held at Colombo from 24th to 26th November, 2017.
66. 13th International Conference of Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India held at Lucknow from 15th to 17th November,2018.
67. Robotic Surgery : Expanding Horizons. Master Class attended at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Jodhpur held on 29th and 30th November, 2018.
68. 15th International conference of Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons, Bhubaneshwar held on 7th to 9th February,2019.
69. 16th International conference of Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons held at Guwahati on 6th to 9th February,2020.