Jhalawar Medical College Jhalawar is a 576 bedded Hospital attached to RUHS , Jaipur providing following services to all irrespective of caste, creed or economic status. Being a Government hospital its main objective is to provide holistic healthcare services-preventive, promotive, curative and rehabilitative-under the allopathic system. The hospital caters to the healthcare requirements of the people of Jhalawar as well as adjacent districts of M.P. ( Madhya Pradesh ) Also
Geographical Description and Layout of Hospital :-
Conveniently located in the Jhalawar District of Rajasthan, Jhalawar Medical College Hospital has a large campus which is well within the govt. norms. The hospital building is constructed by the public works department of the state with a separate building to house the outpatient (OPD) and the inpatients (IPD) that is connected with a passage.
Contact Us Medical Superintendent Jhalawar Medical College Jhalawar (Rajasthan) Pincode-326001 Telephone No:-07432-233277
· Our services are provided on both Indoor and Outdoor basis as per the timings fixed by the Hospital
· Emergency Services for basic specialties are available round the clock all 365 days to all patients irrespective of their place of residence, paying capacity etc.
· Medico legal cases are accepted round the clock and post mortem examination performed as and when necessary.
Registration trimmings Winter – (1 Oct to 31 March ): 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM Winter – ( 1 Oct to 31 March): 9:00 AM to 3.00 PM Sunday & Government Holidays – Only morning OPD (9:00 AM to 11.00 AM)
OPD consultation - Summer – (April to Sep): 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM Winter – (April toSep): 8:00 AM to 02.00 PM Sunday & Government Holidays – Only morning OPD (9.00 AM to 11.00 AM)
• Cases requiring higher institutional setup are referred to higher institution after stabilization.
· The hospital is also responsible for rendering community services as laid by the National Health Programs through outreach programs by Post Partum Unit and Sector Dispensaries such as Ante Natal Clinic, Post Partum Services, Immunization Services and School Health.
· Dietary services (free for patients) and on subsidized rate for attendant of patients
· CSSD Department
· Hospital Laundry
· Stores (General, Medical)
· Mortuary and Post mortem room
· Medical gases (Cylinders and piped medical gases)
· Ambulance services
· Medical record department
· Administrative office
· Hospital Management Information System
· Rajasthan Medical Relief Society
1 Certificate (Medical fitness, Disability certificate, Health Certificates, Age certificate)
2 AFHS (Adolescence Friendly Health Services Centre)
3 School Health Services.
4 Emergency Medical Response
1. Our Vision: “To be the part of network of finest public health care institutions in the State of Rajasthan, providing quality medical care services with the state of art technology with easy accessibility, affordability and equity to the people of Gujarat and beyond.”
2. Our Mission:“We shall enhance the patient quality life through providing specialized medical treatment at free/ affordable rates to the poor and the needy and preventive healthcare.”
• To provide high quality care according to the health needs of the catchment population
• To facilitate patient satisfaction by service and ensuring the dignity and rights of patients and other stakeholders.
• To provide a safe and conducive work environment for staff.
• To ensure accountable, consultative and transparent management process.
• To provide basic and continuing education for staff.
• To integrate with district and state health system, by providing referral systems, technical, and logistic support to primary and community health care.
The areas for improvement can be divided in to four categories:
1. Human Resources
2. Quality of care
4. Infrastructure & Other resource management
Quality of Care: Some of the processes mentioned below were the steps initiated for quality of care
Various processes implemented for quality care are:-
To make SOPs for all departments
To standardize all the formats used by the hospital
To improvise on the expenditure done through RKS
To Standardize the Annual Maintenance contract for all organizations
To have a Patient Redressal System through Satisfaction Surveys and Suggestion Box at Places
To carry out Staff Satisfaction Surveys
To have a proper system of Staff Appraisal
To have a monthly meeting of all Sister In Charges and Doctors and Sanitary Inspector
To start Paramedical Courses in Hospital through which the hospital can get staff also.
To involve the patient in decision making
To have a mechanism of checking the Behaviour of the patient through Pseudo Patients Visits Reporting of all sentinel events like adverse drug reaction, post operative infections
To carry out Death Audits
To have quality assurance document for Laboratory, Imaging Centre
To have a disaster Management Plan
To make the hospital barrier free for handicaps
1. Antiragging committee
2. College council committee
3. Ethics committee
4. Medical education unit
5. Central research lab committee
6. Curriculam committee
7. Women harassment committee/ Vishakha
8. Pharmacovigilence committee
9. Hospital infection control committee
10. Institutional animal ethical committee
Various Trainings are continuously conducted for all staff from time to time Trainings:
Pain management guidelines
Rehabilitative services polices
Research activities policies and protocols
Nutritional assessment and reassessment
Training on CPR
End of life care
Procurement, Storage, prescription and dispensing of Medications Administration of medications
Monitoring of medications
Patient’s self administration of medication
Medication brought from outside the organization
Adverse drug events
Use of narcotic drugs and psychotropic substance
Safe storage, preparation, handling, distribution and disposal or radioactive and investigational drugs.
Procurement of implantable prosthesis
Procurements, handling, storage, distribution, usage and replenishment of medical gases.
Laundry and linen management
Kitchen sanitation and food handling
Engineering controls for infection control
Mortuary practices and procedures
Surveillance, data collection and monitoring of HAI
Outbreak control procedures
Quality control for sterilization
Handling of bio-medical waste
Quality assurance programmes
Operational and maintenance plan
Human resource planning
Training on safe practices (Universal Precautions)
Training on care of vulnerable group
Mock Drill (Emergency
Chairmen of Gender Harassment Committee Dr Manju Agarawal 9461293234.