Department of PSM
Courses recognized by the MCI in Department of PSM with yearly intake capacity of 150 students per year, GOVT MEDICAL COLLEGE, KOTA
Training and Research units attached:
Urban Health Training Centre (UHTC)
Rural Health Training Centre (RHTC)
Details of Clinical Material Available (OPD/IPD services)
UHTC: Urban Field practice area of Mahaveer nagar, Kota
RHTC: Rural Field practice area, at village Digod, Teh. Sultanpur District Kota
1.Teaching and Training MBBS Students
4. STI Training of Medical Officers
5. STI Training of Paramedical personals
Varishtha Nagrik Kalyan Clinic New Medical College Hospital World Elders Day 1st October 2014
World Elders Day was celebrated by Geriatric Clinic New Medical College Hospital in the Auditorium ,Government Medical college, Kota under the chairmanship of Dr S R Meena, Principal and Controller.The chief guest was Mr Sandeep Sharma MLA , Kota South. The programme was a big success.
A no. of NGO’s participated in the programme.The programme was graced by Superintendent NMCH, Dr SC jelia and large number of Faculty members , Nursing and paramedical staff.
Celebration was marked by following activities -
1. A complete health check up of 300 senior citizens was done including BP, BMI , blood sugar and other required investigations who attended the activity .
2. Out of these, 140 eligible elderly citizens above the age of 65yrs were immunized by influenza vaccine free of cost. The vaccine was procured with the help of the generous donors of the society and NGO.
3. An Educative Health Quiz was also organized and the winning persons were rewarded. Active participation of all the elderly people was witnessed.
4. The MO I/C Of the Geriatric Clinic Dr Meenaxi Sharda, Professor Medicine, gave a power point presentation regarding vaccination in the Elderly with special reference to influenza and other vaccine preventable diseases . The need of immunization , advantages, indications ,contraindications and myths associated with immunisation were also discussed. The purpose was to spread awareness of immunization in elderly and public as a whole and to sensitize the various NGO,s , Medical and Paramedical staff.
5. On this occasion for regular immunization services Formal inauguration of Geriatric Immunisation Centre was done by the chief Guest. This centre will provide vaccination services to the elderly in routine as per the guidelines, counseling of disease prevention and control during epidemic outbreaks by Health education and vaccination counselling. These services are provided on every Tuesday at Geriatric OPD, NMCH, by Dr Deepika Mittal Associate Professor Community Medicine.