About the department:
Department of IMMUNO-HAEMATOLOGY & TRANFUSION MEDICINE was established in 2012 at Government Medical College & Attached Groups of Hospitals, Kota
Two BLOOD CENTRES are 24x7 (round the clock- 365 days) working under this department, Blood centre, MBS Hospital and Blood centre, NHMC, Kota. Blood centre, MBS Hospital is the largest Blood centre in the Hadoti region of Rajasthan. Both the Blood centres are licensed from competent authority and well equipped with facility of component separation including Apheresis.
One blood donation room and one apheresis room with all the facilities are functional in both the Blood centres. The Blood centres also have the facility of Plasmapheresis. One serology lab (for TTI testing), one blood grouping lab and one cross matching lab are functional at each of the Blood centres. The department is also providing services to the patients admitted in various Private and Government hospitals of Kota city and adjacent towns of Hadoti region. The Blood centres have processed near about 30,000 whole blood units in 2021. This departments blood centres have the storage capacity of~5000 Units(WB/PRBC). Around 300-1500 units stock is maintained anytime along with the blood components. Average per day supply of blood is around 100-150 units from these blood centres.
1. WHOLE BLOOD I.P.
2. PACKED RBC I.P.
3. FRESH FROZEN PLASMA B.P.
4. PLATELET CONCENTRATE (RDP) U.S.P.
5. APHERESIS PLATELETS (SDP) U.S.P.
6. Plasmapheresis and CCP (Covid Convalescent Plasma)
7. Therapeutic Phlebotomy
The department is actively involved in academic and research work in the forms of:
1. Workshops (Thalassemia, Hemophilia and Voluntary Donations)
2. Undergraduate teaching , Seminars and CMEs (Rational use of blood and other Immuno-Haematology, Transfusion Medicine and Blood banking topics)
3. Conferences (Participation in National and International conferences)
4. Paper publications (List attached)
5. Departmental research projects and MDRU/ICMR research projects.