Department Of Radiodiagnosis
General Information about department
Department of Radiodiagnosis was established in year 1981. Previously it was Department of Radiology. Presently it is in the main building (Room No. 16) of SMS Hospital with administrative block and having 7 X-Ray rooms, Sonography rooms & Seminar hall. Department has its branches in Bangaur wing, Birla wing, Emergency wing, Trauma centre & in Dhanwantri OPD wing. Department is also working in attached group of hospital eg.
- Zanana Hospital,
- Mahila Hospital,
- Pt. Deendayal Updhayay Hospital-Gangori Hospital,
- Chest & TB Hospital,
- J.K.Loan Hospital,
- Psychiatric Hospital,
- Satellite Hospital-Sethi Colony,
- Satellite Hospital-Banipark,
- Hari Bux Kanwatiya Hospital.
We are running-
- PG Courses (MDRD)- [18 Seats]
- Paramedical Courses eg. Bachelor in Radiation Technology [30 Seats] and Diploma in Radiation Technology [25 Seats].
- 6 months USG cours - [10 Seats]
We have the Total Strength of:-
Associate Professor- 02
Assistant Professor- 07
Medical Officers - 02
Superintendent Radiographer - 06
Senior Radiographer- 18
Assistant Radiographer- 45
Dark Room Assistant- 06
Nursing Staff - 06
Ward Boy - 08
- A Proud honour from the army headquarter conferred on Dr. Anu Bhandari, Professor with permission to retain the Rank of Lieutenant Colonal for lifeline from Territorial Army for her services at GHTA SMS Hospital. An honour for SMS Medical College and the Radiology fraternity of Rajasthan.
- Dr. Kuldeep Mendiratta, Sr. Professor has been elected President Indian Radiological Imaging Association Rajasthan State Chapter.
- Dr. Naresh Mangalhara, Assistant Professor has been awarded one year fellowship in Interventional Radiology in ILBS Hospital, New Delhi.
- Dr. Neeraj Sharma, (2018 pass out) got 1st rank and selected in DM Neuro-Radiology in PGI Chandigarh.
- Dr. Rangrajan (2015 pass out) is doing DM (Vascular radiology) at AIIMS, New Delhi.
- Many residents of the department have been selected in various DM courses and fellowship programs.
- There several publications in reputed National and International Journals.
- Many research papers are presented in various National and International conferences.