Department Of Pediatrics Medicine
- Department has 8 units in SPMCHI, 2 neonatal units in Zenana Hospital and Mahila Chikitsalya and 1 pediatric unit in Gangori, Kanwatia and Sethi Colony Hospital.
- All units have adequate facultyand facilities as per MCI norms.
- Department has 764 indoor beds.
- Department is supported by round the clock Central lab, Radiology department, Blood bank, Emergency and Echocardiography services.
B. Programs & Services Offered
- All the faculty members of the department, participate actively in national programmes like RNTCP, ART etc.
- Department also caters specialty services to the people by providing special clinical- services like Cardiology, Nephrology, Pulmonology, Gastroenterology, Hemato-oncology, Neurology, Endocrinology & Rare Diseases.
- Department was actively involved in swine -flu epidemic of 2012 to control the disease. Suspected & diagnosed patients were admitted to the Hospital in isolation wards and they were treated accordingly. This work was done in collaboration with state & Central Govt authorities & other actively participating tertiary hospitals.
- Department actively participated in National, International& WHO days and for awareness of all the strata of society about their health care promotion & prevention of diseases.
- We have separate DOTS center for screening, counseling and treatment for tuberculosis patientsand immunization clinic in which children are immunized.
- Department is also providing services to the B.Sc. Nursing Government college students.
- Department is organizing guest lectures on common topics and burning issues of healthcare management.
- Various awareness programs are arranged for the common people & for medical & paramedical staff.
- Department is nodal centre for IMNCI,F-IMNCI,MNTC,NSSK trainings.
- A child development clinic (CDC) is running three days a week.
- Department is running newborn screening program for CH, CAH & G6PD
- Department is running stem cell Counseling center