Research & Publications
Department Of Pathology
Latest Research & Publications from the Department
1. Histopathological Spectrum of mass lesions of sellar and parasellar region in a tertiary care centre. Dr. Vijeta Tomar, Dr. Arpita Jindal, Dr. himanshi Diwan, Dr. Arvind Sharma. Journal of Medical Science and Clinical Research Jun 2017;vol5(6):p 23083-7.
2. Comparative study of bronchoalveolar lavage, bronchial brushing and FNAC in diagnosing malignant lesions of lungs. Vijeta Tomar, N. Vijay, P Nuwal, R dixit. Journal of Cytology Oct-Dec 2016;vol33(4):210-3.
3. Situs Invertus Totalis in a patient with bilateral papillary serous cystadenocarcinoma ovary: rare association with Review of Literature. Kalpana Mangal, Nehal Minda, Savita Saharan. International Journal of Medical Research Professionals 2017;3(3):p 1-6.
4. Correlation of Serum levels of IgA Anti tissue Transglutaminase (IgAtTG) with the histological severity in Celiac disease. MP Madhu, Prachis Ashdhir, Garima Sharma, Gyan Prakash Rai, Rupesh Kumar Pokharna, Dilip Ramrakhiani. Trop Gastroenterol 2017;38(2):102-7.
5. Vaginal Primary Malignant Melanoma: A rare and Aggressive Tumor, a case report. Dr Mangilal Choudhary, Dr. Jayanti Mehta, Dr. Rekha Sirvi, Dr. Maryem Ansari, Dr. Daleep Kumar.IJSRM April2017;5(4):5282-5.
6. A Relevance study of bone marrow aspiration and bone marrow biopsy in hematological and non hematological disorders. Dr. Daleep Kumar Khatik, Dr. Deepika Mishra, Dr. Mangilal Choudhary.JMSCR April 2017;5(4):20900-8.
7. Intraventricular Arteriovenous Malformation mimicking tumor: A rare presentation. Bhaskar Mukesh K, Jaiswal M, ojha BK, Meel M, Singh Ajay K. International Journal of Neurology and Neurosurgery June 2017; 9(1):57-9.
8. Vestibular Schwannoma with contralateral Facial nerve palasy: A false localizing sign. Mukesh K Bhaskar, Rakesh Kumar, Sunil Kumar Singh, Meel M. Indian Journal Of Neurosurgery 2017.
9. Extra Axial Cerebellopontine Angle Medulloblastoma in an Infant. Bhaskar MK, Jaiswal M, Ojha BK, Singh SK, Chandra A, Meel M, Faheem M. Pediatr Neurosurg 2017;52(2):122-6.C
10. Cerebellar cystic oligodendroglioma in a young adult. Bhaskar MK, Jaiswal M, Ojha BK, Meel M, Harsha AH. J Neurosci Rural Pract 2017 July- Sep;8(3):479-81.
11. Saccrococcygeal Chondroid Chordoma: FNAC Diagnosis: A rare case report with histological and Radiological Correlation. Dr Mukat Meel, Dr Mukesh Kumar Bhaskar.IJSR 2016.
12. Cytodiagnosis of papillary hidradenoma of vulva: A case report from a tertiary hospital of Rajasthan, India. Udawat H, Hemrajani D, G rasham, Sehgal S, Yadav A. International Multispeciality Journal of health 2015;1:33-6.
13. Primary squamous cell carcinoma of kidney associated with large calculus in nonfunctioning kidney:A case report. Kumar S, Tomar V, Udawat H, Priyadarshi S, Vyas N, Aggrawal N. Urol Case Rep 2016;8:4-6.
14. Multiple Cutaneous metastasis of renal cell carcinoma: a rare presentation. Udawat S, Sukheeja D, Vijayvargiya M, Jalan S. Clin Cance Investig J 2016;5:504-6.
15. Importance of duodenal bulb biopsy in pediatric patients for diagnosis of celiac disease. Jindal A, Bairwa P, Solanki R, Gupta RK, Udawat H. Int J Med Res Prof 2017;3:107-10.
16. Histopathological and immunohistochemical findings in congenital pouch colon: A prospective study. Udawat H, Nunia V, Mathur P, Udawat HP, Gaur KL, Saxena AK, Mohan MK. Pathobiology 2017 June 13; doi10.1159/000460821.
Latest Publications - (From 2014)
1- Randomized controlled trial of comparison of the adequacy, and diagnostic yield of endoscopic ultrasound guided fine needle aspiration with and without a stylet in Indian patients: A prospective single blind study - sandeep Nijhawan, Bir Singh, Amritesh kUmar, Dilip Ramrakhiani, Amit Mathur, Gaurav Gupta- Journal of Digestive Endoscopy vol 5 issue 4,October-December 2014
2- Endoscopic ultrasound guided fine-needle aspiration without rapid on site evaluation by cytopathologist: An institutional experience- Sandeep Nijhawan, Bir Singh, Kumar Shwetanshu Narayan, Dilip Ramrakhiani - Journal of Digestive Endoscopy - vol 6 issue 1,January-March 2015
3- Role of Rapid Onsite Evaluation (ROSE) of EUS - FNAC in Diagnostic Yield of Solid Mass Lesions - International Journal of Medical Research Professionals P-ISSN: 2454-6356; E-ISSN; 2454-6364 DOI: 10.21276/ijmrp, Manju Yadav, Dilip Ramrakhiani, Ajay Yadav, Sandeep Nijhawan
4- Incidence of Liver Diseases - A Retrospective study of 1348 Autopsy cases at Tertiary care centre - Jaipur Kalpana Mangal, Manju Yadav, International Journal of Current Research Vol. 7, Issue, 12, pp.23725- 23729, December 2015 –
5- Histopathological Spectrum of Salivary Gland Lesions in Tertiary Care Centre at SMS Medical College, Jaipur, Rajasthan, Deepak Soni, Kusum Mathur, Ajay Yadav, Vinod Kumar International Journal of Medical Research Professionals.2016; 2(2); 209-15, P- ISSN: 2454-6356; E-ISSN : 2454-6364
6- Clinicopathological Study of Space Occupying Lesions of Nasal Cavity, Paranasal Sinuses and Nasopharynx, Dinesh Garg, Kusum Mathur, Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research, 2014 Nov, Vol-8(11); FC04-FC07
7- Prevalence of Coronary Artery Disease: A Tertiary Care Hospital Based Autopsy Study. Alpana Jain, Arpita Jindal, Meenu Vijaywargiya Int J Med Res Prof.2016; 2(2), 10-14.
8 - Erythroderma: a clinicohistopathologic profile in 48 patients . US Agarwal, Anshul Maheshwari, Sunil Kothiwala, Karuna Gupta, Arpita Jindal. Indian journal of clinical practice february 2015
9- A Clinicopathological Study of Meningioma with Special Reference onVariants and Grading in a Tertiary Care Centre, Arpita Jindal, Shweta Choudhary Int J Med Res Prof 2016; 2(3); 192-96.
10 - Clinicopathological Spectrum of Gastrointestinal Malignancies in Jaipur Region, Ankita Kakani, Ajay Yadav Int J Med Res Prof. 2016; 2(3); 127-30
11 - Ultrasonography Guided Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology of Hepatic Lesions with an emphasis on Hepatocellular Tumours, Priyanka Agnihotri, Ajay Yadav Indian Journal of Applied Research, Volume 6 (Issue 7) July 2016
12 - Association of Mean Platelet Volume with Severity, Serology & Treatment Outcome in Denuge Fever: Prognostic Utility, Kritika Sharma, Ajay Yadav Journal of Clinical and Dignostic Research, 2015
13 - Histopathological Spectrum of Uterus and Cervix in Hysterectomy Sepcimens, Ankur Gupta, Sangeta Sehgal, Ajay Yadav, Vinod Kumar Int Journal Med Res Prof. 2016; 2(3); 136-39
14 - Histopathological Patterns of Renal Biopsies in Children with Various Glomerulopathies in a Tertiary Care Centre, - Deepika Hemrajani, Ranjana Solanki, Vijendra k. Gupta, Vijay K. Choudhary Int J Med Res Prof.2016; 2(3); 183- 87 Int J Med Res Prof.2016; 2(3); 183-87
15 - Assoication of Ki-67 Proliferative Index with Clinicopathological Features of Non- Hodgkin’s Lymphoma Classified According to WHO (2008) - - Matadeen Meena, Jayanti Mehta International Journal of Medical Research Professionsls vol 2 issue 4 2016
16- Detection of Mutations in tert, the genes for telomerase reverse Transcriptase, in Indian Patients of Aplastic Anaemia., S.Mehta, M. Krishnamohan, Sandhya Gulati, Nidhi Sharma JAPI Vol 62 oct 2014
17- Histopathological study of ovarian tumours in tertiary care center, Priya parmar, Sangeta Sehgal, Kusum Mathur, Ajay Yadav, Int Journal of Med Res Prof. 2017; 3(2); 966-98
18- Evaluation of Accuaracy of Cell Count in Ascitic Fluid in Automated Cell Counter and Comparison with Manual Count, Kusum Agarwal, Sandhya Gulati, Gaurav Gupta, Nidhi Sharma, Ajay Yadav Int J Med Res Prof 2016 , 2(4)
19 - Granulomatous Lesions: A Diagnostic Challenge to Dermatopathologists, Karuna Gupta, Anita kumari, Kalpana Mangal, Int J Med Res Prof 2016, 2(4)
20. Primary extranodal non Hodgkin lymphoma: a 2 year retrospective analysis from a tertiary care centre in rajasthan, Jayanti Mehta, Monil Thakrar, Matadeen Meena, Alka Mittal,Karuna Gupta, Int J Med Res Prof 2016 , 2(4)
21. Magnitude of Pulmonary diseases - Incidentally diagnosed on Autopsy at Largest Hospital & medical College of Rajasthan - Kalpana Mangal, Praveen Dhakar, Ajay Yadav, Karuna Gupta, Sapna Gandhi, International Journal of current research Vol - 8, Issue - 8 April - 2016
22. Incidental Gall Bladder Carcinoma in Patients Undergoing Cholecystectomy in a Tertiary Care Hospital - Mangilal Choudhary, Dilip Ramrakhiani - Original Research Article, International Journal of Medical Research Professionals.2016; 2(6); 42-45, P- ISSN: 2454-6356; E-ISSN : 2454-6364
23. Pulmonary Hydatid Cysts Masquareading As Aspergilloma Lung: A Case Report - Mangilal Choudhary, Dilip Ramrakhiani, Karuna Gupta, Ajay Yadav, Maneesh Vijay - International Journal of Medical Research Professionals.2016; 2(6); 227-29, P- ISSN: 2454-6356; E-ISSN : 2454-6364
24. Right Atrial Paraganglioma: An Extremely Rare primary cardiac neoplasm mimicking myxoma - Ashok Garg, Deepika Mishra, Manish Bansal, Hari Ram Maharia, Vikram Goyal - A Case Report - Korean Society of Echocardiography, www.kse-jcu.org, J Carduivasc Ultrasound 2016: 24(4): 1-3
25. Kusum Agrawal, Sandhya Gulati, Gaurav Gupta,Nidhi Sharma, Ajay Yadav Evaluation of Accuracy of Cell Count in Ascitic Fluid in Automated Cell Counter and Comparison with Manual Count” to International Journal of Medical Research Professionals (IJMRP).accepted Manuscript Number: IJMRP/2016/09/06
26. Sandeep jasuja, Sandhya Gulati, shraddha patel, Nidhi Sharma characterization of immunophenotyping in ALL : A single centre study of western India . scholars journal of applied medical sciences 2016 ;4 (9c): 3349-54.
27. Mehta S, Krishnamohan M, Gulati S, Sharma N, Vashishtha P, Singh I. Detection of mutations in TERT, the genes for telomerase reverse transcriptase, in Indian patients of aplastic anaemia: a pilot study. The Journal of the Association of Physicians of India. 2014 Oct; 62(10):13-7.
28. Randheer Pal, Rajeev Bagarhatta, Sandhya Gulati, Monika Rathore, Nidhi Sharma Mean Platelet Volume in Patients with Acute Coronary Syndromes: A Supportive Diagnostic Predictor 2014 ;August 8 ;8 MC01.
29. Nidhi Sharma, Sudhir Mehta, vikramraj k jain, Sandhya Gulati do red blood cells help detect beta thalassemia trait in patients with microcytosis 2015 RMJ; 14-19.
30. Sudhir Mehta, Nidhi Sharma , Sandhya Gulati importance of peripheral smear in the era of modern automated hematology 2014 RMJ 34-38.
31. Sudhir Mehta, Laxmi Kant Goyal, Debashish Kaushik, Sandhya Gulati, Nidhi Sharma, L Harshvardhan, Naveen Gupta. Reticulocyte Hemoglobin vis-a-vis Serum Ferritin as a Marker of Bone Marrow Iron Store in Iron Deficiency Anemia. Journal of The Association of Physicians of India ;Vol. 64 ; November 2016 :38-42.
32. Sudhir Mehta , Sandhya Gulati , Nidhi Sharma thrombocytopenia in intensive care unit patients haematology today 2012 ;123-32.
33. Sudhir Mehta , Sandhya Gulati , Nidhi Sharma “Sepsis in asplenic patients” in Haematology Today 2013; 132-8.
34. Sudhir Mehta , Sandhya Gulati , Nidhi Sharma .“Celiac disease and the hematologist “Haematology Today 2014; 77-81.
35. Rare Pulmonary Tumours: A Report of Two Cases with Diagnostic Challenge - Anita Harsh, Deepika Hemrajani, International Journal of Medical Research Professionsls.2016; 2(6); 222-26, P- ISSN: 2454-6356; E-ISSN : 2454-6364 - Case Report
36. Nodular Amyloid Goiter: An Extremely Rare and Unusula presentation of Amyloidosis - Karuna Gupta, Maryem Ansari, Kalpana Mangal, Jayanti Mehta, Kusum Mathur, International Journal of Medical Research Professionsls.2016; 2(6); 222-26, P- ISSN: 2454-6356; E-ISSN : 2454-6364 - Case Report
37. Rising Incidence of Pulmonary Adenocarcinoma: Our Experience using computed tomography guided transthoracic Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology (CT Guided TT FNAC) at a Tertiary Care Centre, Jaipur - Kalpana Mangal, Savita Saharan, Alka Mittal, Ajay Yadav, Ranjana Solanki, Kusum Mathur, Nehal Minda - International Journal of Medical Research Professionsls.2017; 3(1); 161-66, P- ISSN: 2454-6356; E-ISSN : 2454-6364
38. Anomalous origin of left coronary artery from Pulmonary Trunk - Monil P.Thakrar, Sapna Gandhi, Alpana Jain, Arpita Jindal - International Journal of Forensic Medicine and Pathology 2016 Red Flower Publication Pvt. Ltd. Volume 9 Number 3, July - September 2016 - Case Report
39. Case Study - Pulmonary Alveolar Proteinosis - A rare pathological case report - Dr. Kalpana Mangal and Dr. Monil P. Thakrar - International Journal of Current Research - Vol.8 , Issue, 08, pp.36294-36296, August, 2016
40. Sudden Death Due to Undiagnosed Rheumatic Heart Disease with Mitral Stenosis in Young Adult - A Autopsy Case Report - Dr. Mangilal Choudhary, Dr. Ajay Yadav, Dr. Alpana Jain - International Journal of Scientific Research and Management (IJSRM) volume 5 issue 01 January 2017
41. Validity Assessment of the Bethesda System for Reporting Thyroid Cytopathology. IJHSR. 2016; 6(1): 126-132
42. A Case Report - Oculosporidiosis - Masquerading as a Squamous Papilloma - A Report of Two Cases from Non-Endemic Region. IJHSR Vol6(4), 2016, 549-552
43. A case of huge post traumatic hepatic pseudocyst in a young female. IJSAR Nov 2016
44. A case of an asymptomatic ileal duplication cyst in a child a rare entity. IJSAR. Jan 2016
45. Nodular amyloid goiter. An extremely rare and unusual presentation of amyloidosis. IJMRP 2016
46. Ultra-sound Guided Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology in Diagnosis of Space Occupying Lesions of Liver with Special Emphasis on Hepato-cellular Carcinoma - Dr. Mangilal Choudhary, Senior Prof. Dr. Ajay Yadav - International Journal of Scientifice Research Managment;ISSN: 2321-3418; E-ISSN : 2454-6364, Volume 5 Issue 1 (Jan 2017)
47. Sudden Death Due to Undiagnosed Rheumatic Heart Disease with Mitral Stenosis in young adult - A autopsy case report - Dr. Mangilal Choudhary, Dr. Ajay Yadav, Dr. Alpana Jain - International Journal of Scientifice Research Managment; ISSN: 2321-3418; E-ISSN : 2454-6364, Volume 5 Issue 1 (Jan 2017)
48. Granulomatous lesions : A Diagnostic Challenge to Dermatopathologists - Karuna Gupta, Anita Kumari, Kalpana Mangal - International Journal of Medical Research Professionals; P-ISSN 2454-6356, E-ISSN 2454-6364 2016
49. Intrasellar collision tumor - Ganglion Cell Tumor with Pituitary Adenoma - Swati Aggarwal, Karuna Gupta, Arpital Jindal, Sachin Tomar, Ashok Gupta, Ajay Yadav - International Journal of Current Research; Vol. 8 , Issue 01, pp.25670-25674, January 2016
50. Hematological and Bone Marrow Biopsy Evaluation n Non Hodgkin Lymphoma - Kanwalpreet Kaur, Nidhi Sharma , Karuna Gupta, Sandhya Gulati, Prerana Choudhary - International Journal of Current Research; Vol. 9 , Issue 03, pp.24-27, February 2017
51. Histopathological Analysis of Skin Adnexal Tumors - A three year study of 110 cases - Kanwalpreet Kaur, Karuna Gupta, Deepika Hemrajani, Ajay Yadav - Indian Journal of Dermatology - 2017
52. In Process - CK 20 immunocytochemistry as an adjuvant to urine cytology in the detection of urothelial malignancy: A friend in need is friend indeed - Kanwalpreet Kaur, Karuna Gupta, Deepika Hemrajani, Ajay Yadav - in urology annals 2017
53. Primary cutaneous CD 30- positive large T-cell lymphoma - A spectrum of diseases - Dr. Swati Aggarwal, Dr. Karuna Gupta and Dr. Jayanti Mehta - International Journal of Current Research Vol. 9, Issue, 04, pp.48808-48811, April, 2017
54. Right Atrial Paraganglioma: An Extremely rare primary cardiac neoplasm mimicking myxoma – Dr. Ashok Garg, Deepika Mishra, Manish Bansal, Hari Ram Maharia, Vikram Goyal – IMIS 16-491 / 4 / 12.5 (Journal Design, SM Lee) 2016 Korean Society of Ecocardiography – J Cardiovasc Ultrasound 2016;24(4): 1-3
55. A Relevance study of Bone marrow aspiration and Bone marrow biopsy in Haematological and non-haematological disorders – Dr. Daleep Kumar Khatik, Dr. Deepika Mishra, Dr. Mangilal Choudhary – Journal of Medical Science and Clinical Research ISSN (e) – 2347-176x ISSN (p) 2455-0450
56. Sarjana, Jayanti Mehta, Ajay Yadav. Epidemiology and pathological spectrum in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma at a tertiary care center from Western India. Int J Med Res P rod. 2017;3(3):344-7.
57. Alka Mittal, Jayanti Mehta, Kalpana Mangal, Kalpana Jain, Neetu Aggrawal, Madan Kumar Solanki. Clinicopathological and immunophenotypic characteristics of Ewing's sarcoma family of tumors: special emphasis on role of friend leukaemia integration -1(FLI-1) anybody and occurrence of tumors on rare sites. Int J Cur Res Rev Oct 2016;8(20).
58. Dr Priyanka Agnihotri, Dr Shweta Choudhary, Dr Jayanti Mehta, Dr Ajay Yadav, Dr Alka Mittal. Extra-renal rhabdoid tumor - role play of immunohistochemistry: a tumor hiding behind veil. JMSCR Jun 2016;4(6):11062-4