Department Of Ophthalmology
The upgraded department of ophthalmology is a referral centre and among the best ophthalmic patient care facilities in Rajasthan in government sector. Ophthalmic research, academics and dedicated patient care are the pillars of this department. The learned departmental faculty gives paramount importance to hands on training of budding eye surgeons in every sub branch of ophthalmology. The following are the highlights of the patient care services available in the department:
1. Cataract and Refractive : SICS, phacoemulsification (over 90% surgeries being phacoemulsification surgeries), Topical cataract surgeries, Toric IOLs, Scleral fixated IOLs, YAG laser
2. Cornea : Cornea clinic equipped with Pentacam, specular microscopy, Surgical Services PK, DSEK, DALK, C3R
3. Vitreo retina : Retina clinic equipped with FFA, spectral domain OCT, LIO, LASER, surgical vitrectomy and scleral buckling for RD, Macular Hole, Endophthalmitis etc
4. Glaucoma : Speciality clinic along with Surgical and medical management and followup
5. Oculoplasty and Squint : Speciality clinic along with diagnostic and surgical management of ptosis, squint, lid abnormalities
6. Basic Paediatric ophthalmology : basic management of refractive errors, amblyopia, congenital glaucoma, PK, Squint, cataract, FEVR, Ptosis etc.
7. Trauma : ocular trauma management
8. Dedicated indoor facilities, outdoor services, OT teaching of undergraduate and post graduate medical students and ophthalmic technicians
9. Help in community ophthalmology programmes : by associating with eye camps, school screening services and eye bank activities.
Patients Care - Major Achievements
In Our Department we are performing -
1. CATARACT SURGERIES - Microincision Cataract Surgeries
2. CORNEA -Penetrating Keratoplasties, Lamellar Keratoplasties ie Dalk & Dsek, C3R, Contact Lens Fitting, pentacam assessment for refractive surgeries and keratoconus.
3. GLAUCOMA SURGERIES-Trabeculectomy, Trabeculotomy, visual field charting.
4. OCULOPLASTY -Squint Surgery, Ptosis Surgery, Entropion Surgery, Ectropion Surgery.
5. VITRECTORETINAL SURGERIES -Retinal detachment surgeries, macular hole surgeries, vitreous hemorrhage surgeries, IOFB removal.
6. OTHERS-OCR Surgery