Research & Publication
Department Of Neurology
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS OF DR. CM SHARMA
(Sr. Professor & head of the Department & Dr. B.L. Kumawat Professor Neurology) Year 2014-15
Alien hand and leg as the presenting feature of probable sporadic Creutzfeldt-jakob disease: A rare presentation of a rare disease
BL Kumawat, CM Sharma, K Nath…-Annals of Indian..2015-
Abstract Sporadic Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (sCJD) can have varied clinical presentation depending upon the genotype at codon 129. The common presenting clinical features of sCJD are rapid onset cognitive impairment, ataxia, psychosis and visual signs (field…
Cerebral venous sinus thrombosis: Role of extra cranial collateral circulation
CM Sharma, JR Parekh, D Khandelwal, KUMAWAT BL…. – Annals of Indian …., 2015- Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
A 30 year-old lady, on regular oral contraceptive(OC) drugs since three years, presented with three weeks history of headache, which was dull aching, bilateral fronto- parieto- occipital region with recurrent episodes of vomiting. She also had history of transient…
A ‘Y-sheped’ soft tissue ossification in fibrodysplasia offificans progressive
CM Sharma, JR Prakesh, Kumawat BL, V Sharma…..-Oxford Medical Case…,2015- omcr. Oxfordjournals. Org
DISUSSION FOP IS A rase genetic disorder of connective tissue characterized by congentital malformed great toes and progressive heterotopic ossification leading to severe disability. Classic FOP is caused by a recurrent activating mutation (617G> A; R206H) in…
Research: Actively carrying out as well as guiding the various research projects in Department of Neurology. SMS Medical College, Jaipur Dept of CCT, Univ of Rajasthan, Jaipur.
Editor: Invited editorial Board Member of the Austin Journal of Clinical case reports.(INTERNATIONAL)
1. ‘Hot cross bun’ sign in a case of cerebrotendinous xanthomatosis: a rare neuroimagining observation. BMJ Case Rep 2013. Doi:10.1136/bcr-2012-006641.(INTERNATIONAL)
2. Erdheim-Chester disease with isolated craniocerebral involvement. BMJ Case Rep 2013. Doi: 10.1136/bcr-2012-006823. (INTERNATIONAL) First Case Report in World Literature.(BRITISH)
3. Cyclic mood disorder heralding adult-onset autosomal dominant leucodystrophy: A clinical (INTERNATIONAL) First Case Report in World Literature.
4. Vertebro-Basilar territory Ischemic Stroke following electrical injury: A delayed sequel. J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2014. Doi:10.1016/j.jstrokecerebravasdis. 2013.12.023
5. Acute Hypokalemic Quadriparesis: An atypical Neurological manifestation of Dengue virus. J Neurovirol. 2014. Doi: 10.1007/s13365-014-0232-z. (INTERNATIONAL) First Case Report in World Literature.( AMERICAN)
6. Purple glove syndrome occurring after oral administration of phenytoin in therapeutic doses: mechanism stills a dilemma. Am J Emerg Med. Doi .org/10.1016/j.ajem.2014-05.039 (INTERNATIONAL) First Case Report in World Literature.( AMERICAN)
7. ‘Hot Cross Bun’ and ‘Inverse Trident Sign’ in Progressive Multifocal Leukoencephalopathy with HIV Seropositivity. Neurol India. 2014;62:341-2 First Case Report in World Literature.(INDIAN)
8. “Reverse ‘ Hot Cross Bun’, ‘Mercedes Benz’. ‘Face of the Giant Panda and Her Cub’ Signs with Pontine Infarcts: A Radiological Pandora! “ BMJ Case Rep. 2014. Doi: 10.1136/bcr-2013-203447. (INTERNATIONAL) First Case Report in World Literature.( BRITISH)
1. Initial bi-ventricular performance following acute M.I. and in-hospital morbidity and mortality. Ind J Nucl Med 2:73-76, 1987.
2. Multigated radionuclide ventriculography during in hospital phase of acute myocardial infarction. JAPI 37: 575-77, 1989.
3. Caphagraine- and indigenous drug in prophylactic treatment of migraine. The medicine and Surgery 29: 9-12,1989
4. HHE Syndrome-Imaging Diagnosis. J Applied Med. 977-dec., 1990.
5. Paraplegia in Eages disesase. The Ind Practitioner. XLIII: 1123-25, 1990.
6. Flunarizine in the prophylaxis of migraine. The Ind Practitioner XLIV: 383-36, 1991.
7. Treating epilepsy- an internist’s approach. Current Medical Treands 1:47-49, 1997.
8. Ross’syndrome- Report of 2 cases. The Ind Practitioner 50: 909-10, 1997
9. Paralytic rabies or Post vaccination myelitis: a diagnostic dilemma. Am J Emerg Med. Doi. Org/10.1016/j.ajem.2014.09.026(INTERNATIONAL)
10. Aggressive vertebral hemangioma in the postpartum period: an eye- opener. OMCR 2014 (1): 122-24 doi: 10.1093/omcr/omu048. (INTERNATIONAL)
11. Acute aseptic meningitis due to intravenous immunoglobulin therapy in Guillain-Barre syndrome. OMCR 2014 10 doi : 10.1093/omcr/omu051. (INTERNATIONAL)
12. Calvarial Tuberculosis: A rare localization of a common disease. Ann Trop Med & Public Health. Doi 10.4103/1755-6783. 146453. (INTERNATIONAL)
13. Ocular cysticercosis causing isolated ptosis : A rare presentation. Ann Trop Med & Public Health. Doi 10.4103/1755-6783.146457. (INTERNATIONAL)
14. A rare case of dural arteriovenous fistula presenting as primary intraventricular hemorrhage. Asion J Neurosurg. Doi 10.4103/1793-5482.146399. (INTERNATIONAL)
15. Stroke following piercing barbed wire injury: A time for introspection. J Stroke Cerbrovasc Dis. Dx.doi.org/10.1016/2014.11.029. (INTERNATIONAL)
16. Tumefactive Demyelination: A Rare Presentation of HIV. Ann Trop Med & Public Health. Doi 10.4103/175-6783.152599. (INTERNATIONAL)