Research & Publications
Department Of Microbiology
List of International Journals publications by the teaching faculty
1. High incidence of Multidrug Resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa isolated from Infected Burn Wounds in a tertiary Hospital. Dawra R, Sharma R, Bachhiwal R, Vyas A. Accepted for publication. Int J Curr Microbiol appl Sci.2017; 6(2).
2. Evaluation of 12 disc test for phenotypic detection of beta lactamase resistance in gram negative bacilli. Sinha P, Goyal P, Sharma R, Maheshwari R.K. Int J Curr microbial & app sci, June2016.
3. HBV seroprevalence and its correlation with CD4 cells and liver enzymes among HIV positive individuals at a tertiary care hospital in North – West India. Hooja S, Singhal A, Bachiwal R, Yadav R, Vyas N. Int J Appl & Basic Med Res 2015; 5:36-40.
4. Cerebral Toxoplasmosis in a patient with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome:A Case Report. Bithu R, Dawra R, Maheshwari R. Euro J Pharma Med Res.2015,2 (4):832-6.
5. Non fermentative GNB as nosocomial pathogens: identification and antibiotic sensitivity in clinical samples of indoor patients. Sharma D, Vyas N, Sinha P, Mathur A. NJMS 2014; 03 (02): 101-5.
6. Hospital and community isolates of uropathogens and their antibiotic sensitivity pattern from a tertiary care hospital in North West India. Ann of Med and Health Sci Res 2014; 4(1) Singhal A, Sharma R, Jain M, Vyas L.
7. Rapid Diagnosis of genital tuberculosis by real time PCR. Malhotra B, Sinha P, Hooja S,Vyas L. J South Asian Fed Obs & Gynae. 2012; 4 (1).
List of Research Publications from Department (National/State)
1. To study the magnitude of candidemia in intensive care unit patients in S.M.S. Medical College and Hospitals, Jaipur; Verma K.L., Vyas A, Sharma R, Maheshwari R.K. Ind J Appl Res 2016 ;6(9).
2. Antimicrobial susceptibility pattern and detection of metallobetalactamase production in acinetobactor species isolated from clinical samples; Bansal A, Bachhiwal R, Sharma R, Singhal A, Maheshwari R.K. Ind J Appl Res2016;7
3. Trend of HIV seropositivity among children attending ICTC SMS Medical College Jaipur, Rajasthan. Mittal A, Sharma B, Pathan N, Garg S, Vyas N. Arch Med and Health Sci 2016; 4(1).
4. Mycological Profile of Sputum of HIV Positive Patients with Lower Respiratory Tract Infection and its Correlation with CD4+ T Lymphocyte Count. Chandwani J, Vyas N, Hooja S, Sharma B, Maheshwari R. J Clin and Diag Res. 2016; 10(9): 28-31
5. Incidence of adverse drug reaction among the Tuberculosis Patients Treated under Directly Observed Treatment Short course. Hassan M.K, Siddique P.A. Ind J appl Res.2016; 6(7).
6. Isolation of Enteric Pathogens from HIV Positive Patients and Their Correlation with CD4+ T Lymphocyte Count. Kumar S, Sharma B, Hooja S and Vyas N. Int J Bioassays 2015: 4342-4347.
7. HIV Negative Parents with HIV Infected Child: a Case Report. Vyas N, Sharma B. IJSR 2015; 4(1).
8. Recent outbreak of scrub typhus in north western part of India. Sinha P, Gupta S, Dawra R, Rijhawan P. Ind J Med Microbiol(2014);32(3): 247-250
9. Possibility of scrub typhus in fever of unknown origin cases: an experience from Rajasthan; Bithu R, Kanodia (Balothia) V, Maheshwari R.K. Ind J med microbial 2014.
10. First reported cases of diffuse cutaneous leishmaniasis in human immunodeficiency virus positive patients in Jaipur District of Rajasthan, India. Hooja S ,Sharma B, Jindal A, Vyas N. Tropical Parasitology 2014;4:50-2.
11. Differentiation of Carbapenemase producing Enterobacteriaceae by Triple disc Test. Bansal M, Vyas N, Sharma B, Maheshwari R.K. IJBAMR 2013: 3(1):314-320
12. Prevalence of intestinal parasitic infestation and related profile of CD4+ counts in HIV/AIDS people with diarrhea in Jaipur City. Sood S, Vyas N, Sharma B. J Clin diag Res 2013. 7(3): 454-456.
13. Differentiation of carbapenemase producing enterobacteriaceae by triple disc test. Ind j basic and appl med Res. Bansal M, Vyas N, Sharma B, Maheshwari R.K. 2013
14. A case of celiac disease with associated cryptosporidium infection in India. Pal N, Sharma R, Sharma B, Suman R. J Postgrad Med 2012. 58: 160.
15. A case of Cryptosporidium infection in a child of celiac disease; Pal N, Sharma R, Sharma B. J. Postgrad Med 2012.
16. A clinico mycological study of cutaneous mycosis in Sawai Man Singh Hospital of Jaipur, North India. Annals of Medical and health science research; Vyas A, Pathan N, Sharma R, Vyas L. 2012
17. Co infection of Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C in HIV infected patients in a tertiary care hospital in North West India. IJSTD & AIDS; Hooja S, Singhal A, Vyas N, Nepalia S, Bachhiwal R, Vyas L. 2012 ; 33 (1) : 61 -62
18. “ENTERIC pathogens in HIV – Positive patients with diarrhoea and their correlation with CD4 + T lymphocyte counts” in Tropical Parasitology; Vyas N, Pathan N, Aziz A. 2012
19. Clinico-epidemiological profile of influenza A (H1N1) 2009 patients at Jaipur in post pandemic. Meena M, Vyas L, Hooja S, Yadav R, Malhotra B . Curr Med Trends. 2012:2752-2757.
20. Seropositivity of Toxoplasma antibodies and its role in pregnancy wastage. Bachhiwal R, Singhal A, Rishi S, Vyas L, Bitthu R, Hooja S. J Pure App Microbiol.2012.6(3).
21. Microbiological Profile and Antibiotic Sensitivity Pattern of Burn Wound Infection in an Indian Tertiary Care Hospital. Sharma B, Sharma R, Pal N,Vyas L. J Pure & App Microbiol. 2011; 5: 837-841.
22. Comparison of Ziehl-Neelson and Auramine O staining methods on direct and concentrated smear in clinical specimens Hooja S, Pal N, Malhotra B, Goyal S, Kumar V, Vyas L. Ind J TB.2011 ; 58 (2) : 72-76
23. Osseous Hydatid cyst – A case Report. Sharma R, Sharma R, Sinha P. JAPI. 2011; 59:744-5.
24. Evaluation of rapid differentiation test for mycobacterium tuberculosis & other mycobacteria by selective inhibition with p- nitro benzoic acid using MGIT 960. Sharma B, Pal N, Malhotra B, Vyas L. J. of lab Physic 2010.
25. Comparison of MGIT 960 & pyrazinamidase activity assay for pyrazinamide susceptibility testing of Mycobacterium tuberculosis; Sharma B, Pal N, Malhotra B,Vyas L. Ind J Med. Res.; 2010.
26. Detection of inducible clindamycin resistance among staphylococcal isolates from different specimens; Pal N, Sharma B, Sharma R. J. of post grad med.2010; (56).
27. Present prevalence & future trends of HIV/AIDS in North West region of India – A six year ICTC based study; Vyas N, Hooja S, Sinha P, Mathur A, Singhal A,Vyas L. .Ind J Comm Med. 2009; 34(3):212-17.
28. Antibiogram of Staphylococcus isolated from various clinical samples; Vyas N, Mathur A, Sood S, Sinha P. RMJ 2009.
29. Transport & storage of sputum specimen by using Cetylpryridinium chloride for isolation of Mycobacteria;. Pal N, Sharma B, Malhotra B, Rishi S. Indian J of Path & Microbiol 2009; 52(1):59-61
30. Optimum time to detection of bacteria and yeast species with BACTEC 9120 culture system from blood and sterile body fluids; Pal N, Sharma R, Rishi S,Vyas L. J Lab phys 2009.
31. Enteric opportunistic protozoan infections in HIV infected individuals with or without diarrhoea in correlation with CD4 in Jaipur; Hooja S, Rungta A, Rishi S, Rao A. RMJ (2009 combined issue 2007-2008):26-30.
32. Role of vaccine in Herpes Zoster. Annal of Neurosciences;supp.edn.; Kanodia S, Balothia V. Rungta A, Vyas L. 2009.
33. Novel synthesis and biological activity study of Pyvimido (2, 1-b) benzothiazoles; Gupta S, Ajmera N, Sharma R, Gautam D.C. Ind J. Chem .2009; 48B: 853-57.
34. Clinical profile of pulmonary aspergilloma complicating residual tubercular cavitations in Northern Indian patients; Gupta P.R., Vyas A, Meena R.C, Sharma S, Khayam N, Lung India ; vol 27, (4) 2010 : 2009 – 2011