Research & Publications
Department Of Microbiology
Research and Publications
1. Malhotra B, Tiwari JK, Chauhan A , Malhotra H. Etiological study of viruses causing acute encephalitis syndrome in North West India. 2017 (Submitted to Ind J Med Microbiol).
2. Malhotra B, Bhargava S, Goyal S, Sharma G, VermaD, Patni T, Kala D, Gupta KN, SaxenaA, MishraV, Alvadi U. Drug resistance profile to second line drugs in newly diagnosed MDR-TB patients at Western India. 2016 (submitted to Int J Tuber Lung dis).
3. Influence of HBV and HCV co-infection on CD4+ T cell counts and viral load in HIV positive patients. 2017 (submitted to J Lab Physicians).
4. Swamy MA, Malhotra B, Reddy PVJ, Kumar N, Tiwari J. Trends of respiratory syncytial virus sub groups in children hospitalized at tertiary care centre in Jaipur during 2012-14. Indian J. Med. Microbiol. 2017; 35:135-6.
5. Malhotra B, Swamy MA, Reddy PVJ. Viruses causing severe acute respiratory infections in children ≤5 years of age at a tertiary care hospital in Jaipur. Indian J Med Res.2016 Dec; 144(6):877-885.
6. Malhotra B, Singh R, Sharma P, Meena D, Gupta J, Atreya A, Meena BR. Epidemiological & clinical profile of influenza A (H1N1) 2009 virus infections during 2015 epidemic in Rajasthan. Indian J Med Res 2016:144, 918-923.
7. Singh R, Malhotra B, Sharma V, Sharma P, Chauhan A, Tiwari J. Use of ESAT-6 Polymerase Chain Reaction for rapid diagnosis of female genital tuberculosis. International Journal of Scientific Research 2016; 5 (5): 676-678.
8. Singh R, Sharma V, Malhotra B, Sharma P, Chauhan A, Tiwari J. Rapid Diagnosis of Female Genital Tuberculosis by MPB64 Polymerase Chain Reaction. Indian Journal of Applied Research. 2016; 6 (5)
9. Malhotra B, Kanwar A, Reddy PVJ, Chauhan A, Tiwari J, Bhargava S, Verma HN. Molecular characterization of Hepatitis A Virus isolates from children hospitalized at tertiary care center Jaipur. Indian J Med Res. 2016. (accepted )
10. Swamy MA, Malhotra B, Reddy PVJ. Distribution of human parainfluenza viruses 1 - 4 and their trends in hospitalised children ≤ 5 years of age from a tertiary care hospital in Jaipur. Indian Journal of Pedictric.. 2016. DOI: 10.1007/s12098-016-2139-6.
11. Swamy MA, Malhotra B, Reddy PVJ, Tiwari JK. Evaluation of custom multiplex real - time RT - PCR in comparison to fast - track diagnostics respiratory 2l pathogens kit for detection of multiple respiratory viruses. Virol J. 2016;13(1):91.
13. Kumar V, Dashora D, Sharma B, Goyal S, Reddy PVJ, Malhotra B. Clustering analysis of Mycobacterium tuberculosis isolates obtained from Sethi Colony slum area of Jaipur City by using RAPD fingerprinting.IJSAR, 2016; 3(2): 11-15.
14. Kumar V, Dashora D, Sharma B, Goyal S, Reddy PVJ, Malhotra B. Molecular typing of M. tuberculosis isolates obtained from Sethi Colony Slum area of Jaipur City.IJSAR, 2016; 3(2): 22-28.
15. Tiwari JK, Malhotra B, Chauhan A, Swamy MA. Occurrence of Herpes Simplex Virus Encephalitis at Jaipur. Int J Sci Appl Res. 2015. 2: 79-82.
16. Tiwari JK, Chauhan A, Nair RT, Malhotra B. Detection of Japanese Encephalitis Virus by IgM ELISA Among Acute Viral Encephalitis Suspected Patients at Jaipur. Ind J Adv Res. 2015. 5: 437-439.
17. Swamy MA, Malhotra B, Reddy PVJ, Kumar N, Tiwari JK. Human Adenovirus in Hospitalised Children at a Tertiary Care Center in Jaipur.IJAR. 2015; 5(10): 54-57.
18. Swamy MA, Malhotra B, Reddy PVJ. Occurrence of Enterovirus in hospitalised children with Acute Respiratory Infection at a tertiary health care center Jaipur.IJSAR, 2015; 2(11): 01-05.
19. Goyal S, Malhotra B, Bhargava S, Verma D. Utility of MGIT-960 for detection of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in extrapulmonary specimens. IJAR. 2015; 5(11):626-28.
20. Malhotra B, Dashora D, Kumar V, Goyal S, Sharma B, Kumar M, Gupta KN, Sharma VD, Chauhan DS, Katoch K, Katoch VM. Genetic Diversity and Drug resistance profiles of Mycobacterium tuberculosis isolates from two slums of Jaipur city. Indian J Med Res. 2016.Accepted (In Press).
21. Raizada N, Sachdeva KS, Malhotra B, Thakur R, Kishore Reddy VC, Chauhan DS et al. Proficiency Assessment Mechanism for Line-Probe Assay Testing for Diagnosis of Multidrug-Resistant Tuberculosis in India. Int J Pathol Clin Res. 2015; 1: 004.
22. Malhotra B, Goyal S, Bhargava S, ReddyPVJ, Chauhan A, Tiwari J. Rapid detection of Rifampicin resistance in Mycobacterium tuberculosis by high resolution melting curve analysis. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 2015. ; 19(12):1536-41.
23. Bhargava S, Malhotra H, Rathore OS, Malhotra B, Sharma P, Batra A, Sharma A, Chiplunkar SV. Anti-leukemic activities of alcoholic extracts of two traditional Indian medicinal plants.Leuk Lymphoma. 2015; 12: 1-15.
24. Malhotra H, Sharma P, Malhotra B, Bhargava S, Kumar M. Molecular response to Imatinib and its association with mRNA expression levels of Imatinib influx and efflux transporters in patients with Chronic Myeloid Leukemia in Chronic Phase. Indian J Med Res. 2015. 142(2):175-82.
25. Shilpa balothia . Epidemiological and diagnosis of keratomycosis in patients attending ophthalmology dept of SMS medical college, Jaipur. Int J med sci inn res, 2017.
26. Shilpa balothia. A study to find out diagnostic accuracy of calcofluor white stain among patients attending ophthalmology dept of SMS medical college, Jaipur.
Canadian J ophthalmology, 2015.
27. Evaluation of different phenotypic tests for detection of Metallobetalactamase in imipenem resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Sachdewa R, Babita Sharma, Sharma R. J. Lab. Physicians. 2017;9:249-53
28. Seropositivity and seasonal trend of dengue cases in Jaipur (Rajasthan), Western India (2010-2016). Sakshee Gupta, Nitya Vyas, Rameshwari Bithu, Rajeev Yadav, Babita Sharma International Multispecialty Journal of Health Vol-3, Issue-6, June- 2017 152-157
29. Significance of Beta 2-Microglobulin to predict the development of HIV/AIDS. Md. Khalid Hassan, Babita Sharma, Jitendra Panda, Nitya Vyas International Journal of Medical and Health Research Volume 3; Issue 6; June 2017;. 100-103
30. Total lymphocyte count as a surrogate marker for CD4+ T lymphocyte count in newly diagnosed HIV positive patients in tertiary care Hospital in Eastern Rajasthan. Mohd. Khalid Hassan, Nitya Vyas, Sakshee Gupta and Babita Sharma. International Journal of Applied Research 2017; 3(2): 87-90
31. Mycological Profile of Sputum of HIV Positive Patients with Lower Respiratory Tract Infection and its Correlation with CD4+ T Lymphocyte Count Jyotsna Chandwani , Nitya Vyas , Saroj Hooja , Babita Sharma , Rakesh Maheshwari. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2016 Sep, Vol-10(9): 28-31
32. Trend of HIV seropositivity among children attending ICTC SMS Medical College Jaipur, Rajasthan. Mittal A, Sharma B, Pathan N, Garg S, Vyas N Arch Med Health Sci 2016;4:17-21.
33. Isolation of Enteric Pathogens from HIV Positive Patients and Their Correlation with CD4+ T Lymphocyte Count. Shiv Kumar, Babita Sharma, Saroj Hooja and Nitya Vyas. International Journal of Bioassays 4.10 (2015): 4342-4347.
34. Socio-demographic Characteristics of Clients Visiting Integrated Counseling and Testing Centre (ICTC) at SMS Medical College, Jaipur (Rajasthan) India. Anuj Mathur, Babita Sharma. Rameswari Bithu, Prerna Mittal International Multispecialty Journal of Health (IMJH)2015:-1:27-31
35. HIV Negative Parents with HIV Infected Child: a Case Report Dr. Nitya Vyas Dr Babita Sharma IJSR Volume : 4 | Issue : 1 | January 2015