Department Of Immuno Haematology & Transfusion Medicine
• Blood Bank provides 24x7x365 services. Department is well equipped with the latest state of the art equipment to meet the requirement of safe blood and Blood components of assured quality, at all the times, to every needy patient, through voluntary and replacement blood donors It is one of the most important service departments of the hospital catering to blood requirements for patients from surgical as well as medical departments. SMS Blood Bank provides the following facilities:
• Therapeutic phlebotomy for the patients having high hemoglobin.
• Hemovigilance and Donor vigilance reporting under Hemovigilance program of India.
• Updating our blood stock under e-Raktkosh.
Laadli Rakt Seva
Laadli Rakt Seva : provision of blood without replacement to all female childs < 12 years of age of Rajasthan State only.
Laadli Rakt Seva was initiated in 2016 by Dr. Sunita Bundas intended to save the girl child.
Laadli Rakt Seva was inaugurated on 30.11.2016 by Hon’ble Health Minister Sh. Rajendra Singh Rathore ji.
Laadli Rakt Seva is available in all the attached blood banks of the Department of IHTM, SMS Medical College, Jaipur.
Jeevan Rakshak Rakt Suvidha
Jeevan Rakshak Rakt Suvidha was started on 30.11.2017 by Hon’ble Health Minister Sh. Kali Charan Ji.
In this provision of Blood without replacement to following categories at Trauma Blood Bank.
• Life saving Emergencies in trauma
• Brought by 108 ambulance /police
• Divyang patients
• Families of Organ donors/ Martyr
• Donate One Bucket Life Campaign
• Donate One Bucket Life Compaign was started on 30.11.2017 by Hon’ble Health Minister Sh. Kali Charan Ji.
• This campaign is also running at Trauma Blood Bank .
• In this voluntary donors come at Blood Bank to donate blood in different groups on their birthdays, anniversary etc.
CROSS MATCH LABORATORY
• Blood grouping and typing
• Blood cross matching
• Coombs test by gel technology
• Coombs cross match - by gel technology now routinely done for all blood cross matches
• IAT (Indirect Antiglobulin Testing) and DAT (Direct Antiglobulin Testing).
• We have two machines for testing Transfusion Transmitted Infection.
• Screening test for
2. Hepatitis B
3. Hepatitis C
|Dept of IHTM is performing Donor Apheresis procedure for Platelet collection (SDP).|
|Therapeutic plasma exchange is being performed for various neurological cases like (myasthenia gravis, GBS,NMO etc), haematological (TTP), and renal transplant cases (AMR)|
Very soon Dept. is planning to start leucapheresis, perepheral Blood stem cell Harvesting (PBSC) procedures.
Antibody Screening and Phenotyping
>Tests for uncommon blood cell
antigen and antibodies
>We are providing three cell
panel antibody Tested and
Pheno Typically Cross matched
Blood for Thalassemia Patients.
Component Preparation Room
Blood and its Components
1. Whole Blood
2. Packed Red Cells
3. Fresh frozen Plasma
5. Platelet concentrate
(b) Single donor platelets
THERAPEUTIC PLASMA EXCHANGE
in Guillain barre Syndrome And NMO cases
VALUNTARY BLOOD DONATION CAMPS
> Year 2018 Department of IHTM has conducted indoor and outdoor 436 Voluntary Blood Donation Camps.
>We have one Blood Mobile Van with four couches for conducting VDB Camps.
>We have one Blood Transportation Van for transport of Blood units from camp site to Blood Bank.