Research & Publication
Department of General Medicine
Prof. Hemant Malhotra
National & International acceptance as distinguished Medical Oncologist.
- Member, Indian Council for Medical Research (ICMR) committee for National Cancer Treatment Guidelines on CML & Ca Buccal mucosa
- Chairman, ICMR committee for National Cancer Treatment Guidelines on Multiple Myeloma
- Member, Oncology Project Review Committee, ICMR
- Member, Medical Oncology Task Force, National Cancer Control Program, Government of India (GOI).
- Member, Scientific Advisory Committee, Institute of Cytology & Preventive Oncology, ICMR, GOI.
- Technical Expert to the Drug Controller of India on Oncology related new formulations and drugs
- Member, DCGI Expert Committee for evaluation of Serious Adverse Effects on Clinical Trials
- Member, National Task Force of ICMR for Immuno-phenotyping of Hemato-lymphoid malignancies
- Regional Representative from South East Asia to European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO) from 2006 to 2008
- Member, Scientific Advisory Board, International Chronic Myeloid Leukemia Foundation (iCMLf)
- National Representative from India, International CML Foundation
- Principal Investigator for multiple International & multiple national oncology clinical trials
- Member, European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO)
- Member, International Union Against Cancer (UICC)
- Member, American Society of Hematology (ASH)
- Oncology Project Reviewer for International Union Against Cancer (UICC)
- Member, International Society of Pediatric Oncology (SIOP)
- Member, American Association for Cancer Research (AACR)
- Member, American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- Member, Indian Association for Cancer Research (IACR)
- Founder Member; Managing Committee Member & In charge, Leukemia Lymphoma Protocol Committee, Indian Cooperative Oncology Network (ICON)
- Member, Managing Committee, Indian Society of Medical & Pediatric Oncology.
- Honorary Secretary, Indian Society of Medical & Pediatric Oncology (ISMPO), 2009 -2013
- Vice President, Indian Society of Medical & Pediatric Oncology (ISMPO)
- Member, Editorial Board, Journal of the Indian Society for Medical & Pediatric Oncology,
- Member, Editorial Board, Journal of the Indian Society for Hematology & Transfusion Medicine
- Member, Editorial Board, Indian Journal of Cancer
- Member, Ethics Committee, Bhagwan Mahaveer Cancer Hospital & Research Center, Jaipur.
HONORS & AWARDS :
- Awarded Fellowship of the Royal College of Physicians (FRCP), May 2012
- Awarded MNAMS in 1997 for outstanding contribution to field of Medicine.
- Awarded Fellowship of Indian College of Physicians [FICP] in 2003.
- Cleared the European Society for Medical Oncology [ESMO] Certification Examination in Medical Oncology held at Athens, Greece in 1998 and Medical Oncology Recertification Assessment (MORA) 2006 to 2010.
- Elected South-east Asia (India, Pakistan & Bangladesh) representative to European Society for Medical Oncology 2006 to 2008.
- Invited Member, Developing Countries Task Force of the European Society of Medical Oncology [ESMO].
- Awarded Varoon Mahajan International Oncology Fellowship in 1996 to USA
- Awarded International Union Against Cancer (UICC) fellowship in 1998 to USA
- Visiting Faculty, Department of Hematology, Emroy University, Atlanta, USA May 2000
- Awarded SIOP (International Society for Pediatric Oncology) Fellowship in 2000 to Amsterdam, Holland.
- Elected National Vice President, Indian Society of Hematology & Blood Transfusion, 2002-2003.
- Unanimously elected as Honorary Secretary, Indian Society of Medical & Pediatric Oncology - 2009 to 2013.
- Member, Indo-Spanish Joint Science &Technology Committee Meeting held on June 9-10, 2011 at Madrid, Spain.
- Awarded ‘Oncologist of the Year for Rajasthan – 2013’ by the Times Group
- Awarded Farooq Abdulla Senior Faculty Best Paper Award of the SMS Medical College for the year 2014
- Awarded & delivered the SARCC Federation of Oncology Oration Award on CML at the Annual Conference in New Delhi, November 2014.
- Received Merit Award from Government of Rajasthan for meritorious services Jan 2015
1. Hemant Malhotra, SR Mehta, D Mathur, PD Khandelwal : Pressor effects of alcohol in normotensive and hypertensive subjects. Lancet ii, 584-586,1985.
2. SR Mehta, Hemant Malhotra, S Agarwal, D Mathur, PD Khandelwal: Effect of sublingual Nifedipine on infarct size in acute myocardial infarction as determined by precordial ECG mapping. J Assoc Physicians India 35:129-131,1987.
3. SR Mehta, Hemant Malhotra, AR Verma : Management of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia - an update. Rajasthan Med J 26:89-98,1987.
4. HC Saxena, Hemant Malhotra, SN Mathur : Neurological complications in Intermittent Acute Porphyria. J Assoc Physicians India 36:585-588,1988.
5. SR Mehta, A Verma, Hemant Malhotra, S Mehta : Normokalemic periodic paralysis as the presenting manifestation of hyperthyroidism. J Assoc Physicians India 38:296-297,1990.
6. S Mehta, SR Mehta, Hemant Malhotra, UB Sharma, AR Verma : Congenital afibrinogenemia - a case report. J Assoc Physicians India 37:668-669, 1989.
7. Hemant Malhotra, BN Dhabhar, SH Advani : Bone marrow biopsy in the staging of Malignant Lymphoma. J Assoc Physicians India 38:603,1990.
8. Hemant Malhotra, SH Advani : Pure red cell aplasia and rheumatoid arthritis. J Assoc Physicians India 38:816,1990.
9. Hemant Malhotra, SH Advani : Correct terminology in leukemia treatment. J Assoc Physicians India 39:291,1991.
10. SH Advani, Hemant Malhotra, PR Kadam, RS Iyer, et al : T-lymphoid blast crisis in chronic myeloid leukemia. Am J Hematol 36:86-92,1991.
11. BN Dhabhar, Hemant Malhotra, UP Hegde, SH Advani : Malignant Lymphoma and co-existing tuberculosis. J Assoc Physicians India 39:738,1991.
12. Hemant Malhotra, SH Advani : Profile of Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma in India. J Assoc Physicians India 40:282,1992.
13. Hemant Malhotra, SH Advani, R Gopal, TK Saikia, KS Nadkarni, et al : Alpha Interferon in Hairy cell Leukemia - an initial Indian experience. J Assoc Physicians India 40:159-161,1992.
14. Hemant Malhotra, UP Hegde, TK Saikia, R Gopal, SH Advani : Aggressive chemotherapy during pregnancy. Accepted for publication in J Assoc Physicians India.
15. Hemant Malhotra, BN Dhabhar, RS Iyer, R Gopal, TK Saikia, et al : Pure red cell aplasia and Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma - a case report and brief review of literature. Indian J Cancer 29:159-163,1992.
16. BN Dhabhar, Hemant Malhotra, SH Advani : Incidence of lung cancer and advances in non-small cell lung cancer. J Assoc Physicians India 40:493,1992.
17. Hemant Malhotra, BN Dhabhar, TK Saikia, R Gopal, SH Advani, et al : Ifosfamide in Plasma cell leukemia: A report of two cases and review of literature. Am J Hematol 40:226-228,1992.
18. SH Advani, Hemant Malhotra : Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia - a review in ` Elements of management of blood disorders' Ed. Shilin N Shakula. 31st Annual Conference of Indian Society of Hematology & Blood Transfusion, Ahemadabad, December 1990.
19. SH Advani, Hemant Malhotra : Bone Marrow Transplantation - a review in `Elements of management of blood disorders' Ed. Shilin N Shakula. 31st Annual Conference of Indian Society of Hematology & Blood Transfusion, Ahemadabad, December 1990.
20. Hemant Malhotra : Cancer chemotherapy in the elderly - an overview. Indian J Geriatrics 6:60-67, 1992.
21. Hemant Malhotra : Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia - Current concepts. In `Contemporary Medicine-I'. Ed. R Gupta, BR Madan. Jaypee Brothers Medical publishers, New Delhi, page 160 -173, 1993.
22. BN Dhabhar, Hemant Malhotra, S Alurkar, R Shah, SH Advani : Gonadal Dysfunction following Cancer Chemotherapy - a review. Indian J Cancer Chemotherapy 14:65-71,1992
23. BN Dhabhar, Hemant Malhotra, R Joseph, S Gadre, S Bhasin, A Seth, SH Advani : Gonadal functions in prepubertal boys following treatment for Hodgkin`s Disease. Am J Ped Hemat Oncol 15(3):306-310, 1993.
24. Hemant Malhotra : Survival in chronic Myeloid Leukemia. J Assoc Physicians of India 42(4):345, 1994.
25. Hemant Malhotra : Hodgkin's Disease-Therapeutic Strategies. Bombay Hospital Journal 36(3):47-61, 1994.
26. B Dhabhar, Hemant Malhotra, AK Dhar: Interleukins. J Assoc Physicians of India. Suppl(3):58-64, 1995.
27. Hemant Malhotra, Subhash C Gulati: Adult Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma - Current Therapeutic Stratergies. Review Article in the Indian Journal of Medical & Pediatric Oncology 18: 101-120, 1997.
28. Hemant Malhotra: “Gestational Trophoblastic Disease - God’s first cancer, Man’s first cure”. Invited guest Editorial in the Indian Journal of Medical & Pediatric Oncology 18:65-69, 1997.
29. Hemant Malhotra: “Metabolic Emergencies in Oncology”. Invited chapter in the Association of Physicians of India, Medicine Update book, Vol. 7, page 463-483, 1997.
30. Hemant Malhotra: “Cancer Chemotherapy in the elderly”. Indian J Gerontology, vol 6 No. 4, pg 60 – 67, 1992.
31. Hemant Malhotra, Bharti Malhotra: “Tackling Infections in the cancer patient” invited chapter in Medicine Update Book of the Association of Physicians of India Vol. 12, Chapter 149, page 1046-61, 2002.
32. Hemant Malhotra: “Acquired Aplastic Anemia – Pathogenesis & Treatment” invited chapter in Medicine Update Book of the Association of Physicians of India, Vol. 13, page 863-873, 2003.
33. Hemant Malhotra: “Immunophenotyping for the diagnosis of Acute Leukemia – Practical tips for the clinician”. Invited chapter published in the Education Book of the IX National CME in Hematology, organized by Department of Hematology, Bombay Institute of Medical Sciences, Mumbai,
Pages 119 –126, 2003
34. Hemant Malhotra: “Minimal Residual Disease [MRD] in Hematological Malignancies”. Invited chapter published in the Hematology Today Education Book of the X National CME in Hematology, organized by Department of Hematology, Bombay Institute of Medical Sciences, Mumbai, page 47 to 56, 2004.
35. Hemant Malhotra: “Advances in the Management of Chronic Myeloid Leukemia”. Invited chapter published in Medicine Update Book of the Association of Physicians of India, 2004.
36. Hemant Malhotra: "Targeted therapy for haematological cancers" published in Hematology Today Book, 2005.
37. Hemant Malhotra: Multiple Myeloma – Inching Towards Cure - Publication in Medicine Update Book of the Association of Physicians of India – 2005, Volume 15, page 813 to 826.
38. Purvish M Parikh, SK Shah, Hemant Malhotra: Communication issues in Advanced Cancer Care. In, Handbook of Advanced Cancer Care, Eds. Catane, Rloke, Tannberger, Schijviers, Publisher, Taylor & Francis, London, chapter 20, page 219 – 233.
39. GS Bhattacharyya, Hemant Malhotra, Dilip Aggalwala: Targeted Therapies in Non Small Cell Lung Cancer, In The Oncology Knowledge Bank, Ed. Parikh PM, Guest Eds. Bhattacharyya GS, Ranade AA, volume 1, page 174 – 191.
40. Hemant Malhotra: Occult Primary Malignancy. In, the API Textbook of Medicine, 8th Edition, Eds. Siddharth N Shah, M. Paul Aanand, Publisher: The Association of Physicians of India, 2008, volune II, pg. 907 to 909.
41. P. Parikh, H. Malhotra & S. Jelic (On behalf of the ESMO Guidelines Working Group): Hepatocellular carcinoma: ESMO Clinical Recommendations for diagnosis, treatment and follow-up. Annals of Oncology 19 (Supplement 2): ii27–ii28, 2008.
42. Malhotra H; Editorial: Cisplatin Ototoxicity. Indian J Cancer, 2009:46(4),262-263.
43. Kumar P, Bhattacharyya GS, Malhotra H: Editorial: Tackling the Cancer Tsunami. Indian J Cancer.2009, 46(1), 1-3.
44. Malhotra H: Chapter in Book: Hematology Today – 2010, Editor Dr. MB Agarwal: CML – Approach to the patient with Imatinib Resistance, page 143 to 160.
45. H. Malhotra, R. Sharma, P. Khandelwal; Jaipur: Poster at the 13th World Conference on Lung Cancer, San Francisco, USA: P1.216 - Gefitinib in Chemo-naive, Poor Performance Status, Non Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC) Patients – A Randomized, Single Institution Pilot Study.
46. G.S. Bhattacharyya, H. Malhotra, D. Agarwalla: Poster at the 13th World Conference on Lung Cancer, San Francisco, USA: P2.160 - Amino Bisphosphonate as a modulator for angiogenesis in lung cancer: Schedule dependant dosing. Late breaking abstract Poster at the 15th Conference of European Cancer Cooperating Organizations & 34th European Society for Medical Oncology Conference at Berlin, Seot 20-24m 2009
47. G. S. Bhattacharyya, S. Basu, V. Agarwal, H. Malhotra, P. M. Pareekh, K. G. Babu, D. Aggarwala: Abstract "Single institute phase II study of Weekly Cisplatinum and Metronomic dosing of Endoxan and Methotrexate in second line Metastatic Breast Cancer Triple-negative".
48. G. S. Bhattacharyya, S. Basu, V. Agarwal, H. Malhotra, P. M. Pareekh, K. G. Babu, D. Aggarwala.
Late breaking abstract Poster at the 15th Conference of European Cancer Cooperating Organizations & 34th European Society for Medical Oncology Conference at Berlin, Seot 20-24m 2009 ? : Abstract "Single institute phase II study of Weekly Cisplatinum and Metronomic dosing of Endoxan and Methotrexate in second line Metastatic Breast Cancer Triple-negative".
49. Malhotra Hemant: Recent Trends in the managements of Leukemia’s. Published in Association of Physicians of India, CME Book, 2011.
50. Malhotra Hemant: Amyloidosis – Review & Controversies in management. Published in Book – Plasma Cell Malignancies. Ed Dr. MB Agarwal, 2010, chapter 32, page 223 to 234.
51. Malhotra Hemant: Cancer of Unknown Primary Site. Chapter in Association of physicians of India Text book of Medicine, Chapter 14, pg 60 to 65, 2011.
52. Malhotra Hemant: Biosimilars and non-innovator biotherapeutics in India: An overview of the current situation. Biologicals 39; 321 to 324, 2011.
53. Serum Chromogranin A in metastatic carcinoma Prostate - A prognostic marker for hormonal therapy. G.S. Bhattacharyya1, H. Malhotra2, P.M. Parikh3, J.K. Singh4, G.B. Kanaka5, S. Basu1, M. Singh4, T. Shahid1, J. Biswas1, A.A. Ranade3 . Poster accepted for presentation at the ESMO Conference in Vienna, 2012.
54. Jorge E. Cortes, Dong-Wook Kim, Hagop M. Kantarjian, Tim H. Bru¨mmendorf, Irina Dyagil, Laimonas Griskevicus, Hemant Malhotra, Christine Powell, Karïn Gogat, Athena M. Countouriotis, and Carlo Gambacorti-Passerini: Bosutinib Versus Imatinib in Newly Diagnosed Chronic-Phase Chronic Myeloid Leukemia: Results From the BELA Trial. J Clinical Oncol 2012; 30(28):3486-92.
55. Hemant Malhotra: Janus Activated Kinase inhibition in Myelofibrosis. Indian J Cancer. 2012: 49(3), 264-269.
56. Hemant Malhotra, Ashwin Mathur: Venous Thrombosis in Cancer. Accepted for publication in CME Book of Association of Physicians of India, 2013.
57. Group of CML Experts (including Hemant Malhotra): The Price of Drugs for Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML); A Reflection of the Unsustainable Prices of Cancer Drugs: From the Perspective of
a Large Group of CML Experts. Blood 2013: 121 (22), 4439-42.
58. Hemant Malhotra: Chronic Leukaemia’s. Invited Chapter in Oxford Text Book of Oncology (accepted for publication).
59. H Malhotra, P Sharma, S Bhargava, O.S. Rathore, B Malhotra, M Kumar: Correlation of plasma trough levels of Imatinib with molecular response in patients of Chronic Myeloid Leukemia. Leukemia & Lymphoma, 2014; Early Online: 1–6, 2014.
60. Group of CML Experts (including Hemant Malhotra): The Price of Drugs for Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML); A Reflection of the Unsustainable Prices of Cancer Drugs: From the Perspective of a Large Group of CML Experts. Blood 2013: 121 (22), 4439-42.
61. Hemant Malhotra, Rajesh Sharma, Yogender Singh, Hemant Chaturvedi: Report of chronic myeloid leukemia SMS Medical College Hospital, Jaipur. Indian Journal of Medical and Paediatric Oncology 2013: 34(3), 177-79.
62. Pramesh CS, Badwe RA, Borthakur B, Chandra M, Hemanthraj E, Kannan T, Kalwar A, Kapoor S, Malhotra H, et al. Delivering Affordable and Equitable Cancer Care in India. Lancet Oncology - Published online April 11, 2014 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S1470-2045(14)70117-2
63. Mallath MK, Taylor D, Badwe RA, Rath GK, Shanta V, Pramesh CS, Digumarti R, Sebastian P, Barthakur BB, Kalwar A, Kapoor S, Kumar S, Gill JL, Kuriakose MA, Malhotra H, et al. : The growing burden of cancer in India: epidemiology and social context. Lancet Oncology - Published online April 11, 2014 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S1470-2045(14)70115-9
64. Gouri Shankar Bhattacharyya, K. Govind Babu, Hemant Malhotra, Anantbhushan A Ranade, Shaiqua Murshed, Debasis Datta. Hepatocellular carcinoma in India. Chin Clin Oncol 2013;2(4):41-46.
65. S Bhargava, H Malhotra, O.S. Rathore, B Malhotra, P Sharma, A Batra, A Sharma , S.V. Chiplunkar. Anti-leukemic activities of alcoholic extracts of two traditional Indian Medicinal Plants. Leukemia Lymphoma. 2015.DOI: 10.3109/10428194.2015.1026813
66. Hemant Malhotra, Pratibha Sharma , Bharti Malhotra, Shipra Bhargava, Sandeep Jasuja & Madhu Kumar; Molecular response to imatinib & its correlation with mRNA expression levels of imatinib influx & efflux transporters in patients with chronic myeloid leukaemia in chronic phase; ;Indian J Med Res 142, August 2015, pp 175-182
Dr. Raman Sharma
- A study of effect of Corticosteroids on heat stable lactate dehydrogenese in Acute myocardial infarction : Journal of Applied Physiology and Ecology.Feb.1987
- The status of fibrin degradation products in patients of Acute myocardial infarction: Journal of Applied Physiology & Ecology. Jan.1987
- A study of effect of Alpha Chymotrypsin in patients of acute myocardial infarction: Journal of Current Biosciences. March 1987
- Case Report: Zoster myelitis and its response to Acyclovir: Journal of Association of Physicians of India. Vol. 44 No. : 3.
- Case Report: Neurotoxic Effect of organo phosphorus Insectcides – An Intermediate Neurotoxic Syndrome: 2 case reports: Current Medical Trends. 1997 I: 152-54.
- Oral Presentation at Annual Conference of Association of Physicians of India at Bangalore Jan. 1998: Outcome of therapy with combination DMARD’s in 50 patients of Sero Positive RA.
- Paper Publication – JAPI: April 2000; Diagnostic Dilemma; Aspergillosis.
- Paper Presentation at API Conference, 2001, Delhi. Title: Rapid Spontaneous Recovery from Botulism: Report of 3 Sporadic and unrelated cases. Abstract – JAPI Vol. 49, Jan 2001.
- Pictorial CME, Rajasthan Medical Journal, combined issue 2005-2006, unilateral pulmonary edema following scorpion sting.
- Prevalence of extended spectrum beta lactamase and Amp C beta lactamase producers among E. coli isolates in a tertiary Care hospital in Jaipur. Indian Journal of Pathology and Microbiology Year-2008. vol.51.P367-369
- Presentation at 65th API conference Jan 2010: Etiologic agents causing ventilator associated Pneumonia and their antimicrobial sensitivity pattern in a tertiary care hospital. (Venateshwaran Award)
- Presentation at 65th API conference; Jan 2010; Antibiotic Sensitivity Pattern of Acinetobacter
- Osseous Hydatid Cyst : JAPI, Nov. 2011 Vol.51,P744
- Nosocomial Infections in Medical Intensive Care Unit; Etiology, Source and Antibiotic Susceptibility, presented at 22nd RAJAPICON, Jaipur, Nov 2011 (M Chenna Reddy Award)
- Etiology and Antimicrobial Sensitivity Pattern of Microorganisms Causing Ventilator Associated Pneumonia (VAP), presented at 22nd RAJAPICON, Jaipur, Nov 2011 (M Chenna Reddy Award)
- Cyclosporine Monotherapy in the treatment of aplastic anemia and coorelation with serum pesticide levels, presented at 22nd RAJAPICON, Jaipur, Nov 2011
- A comparative study of gefitinib plus best supportive care V/S best supportive care alone in chemo-naïve advanced stage, poor performance status non small cell carcinoma lung, presented at 22nd RAJAPICON, Jaipur, Nov 2011
- Presentation at APICON, Kolkata, Jan 2011: An occult thyroid malignancy masquerading as DVT of both lower limbs.
- Presentation at APICON, Kolkata, Jan 2011: Utility of differential red blood cell indices in detecting beta thalassemia trait in patients with microcytosis.
- Concomitant Polymyositis in Acute Viral Hepatits B published RMJ (Rajasthan Medical Journal) 2011
- An Analytical Overview of Scrub Typhus during the current outbreak: Platform Presentation at Coimbatore APICON Jan 2013. Won award in Infectious disease Category
- Effects of Levothyroxine Replacement on Glucose Metabolism in Subjects with Overt Hypothyroidism.Oral presentation at RAJAPICON Bikaner Sept.14-15, 2013 (M Chenna Reddy Award)
- Study of Spectrum of Sepsis in Immunocompetent and Immunocompromised Patients. Oral presentation at RAJAPICON Bikaner Sept.14-15, 2013
- Lecture on Dengue Update : API DIAS, January 12,2014
- Lecture on Mycoplasma Infections APICON Ludhiana Feb 2014
- To Study and Compare the Spectrum of Sepsis in Immunocompetent and Immunocompromised Patients. APICON Feb 2014 Ludhiana Oral Presentation
- Analysis of 127 patients of Scrub Typhus during the Outbreaks of 2012 and 2013 APICON Feb 2014 Ludhiana Oral Presentation
- Effects of Levothyroxine Replacement Therapy on Glucose Metabolism in subjects with Overt Hypothyroidism. APICON Feb 2014 Ludhiana Oral Presentation
- A case of Pituitary Apoplexy: APICON Feb 2014 Ludhiana Poster Presentation
- A Rare Case of Pain Abdomen: APICON Feb 2014 Ludhiana Poster Presentation
- Non Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease : Ultrasonographic Severity and Correlation with Components of Metabolic Syndrome: Jaipur APICON Chapter Award RAJAPICON 15-16 November2014 ;Jaipur
- Atypical manifestations of Scrub Typhus in a series of 135 Patients analysed During 2012 TO 2014: JODHPUR APICON Award RAJAPICON 15-16 November 2014 ;Jaipur
- A case of painful dermatitis due to acute toxic gas exposure: RAJAPICON 15-16 November 2014 ;Jaipur
- Original Article :Analysis of Two Outbreaks of Scrub Typhus in Rajasthan : A Clinico-epidemiological Study JAPI • vol 62 • December 2014.
- Atypical Manifestations of Scrub Typhus in a Series of 150 Patients Analysed during 2012 to 2014 : Platform presentation at APICON 2015, Gurgaon 19-23 Feb. 2015.
- Comparative Assessment of Cortisol Level in Critically Ill and Non Critically Ill Patients : Platform presentation at APICON 2015, Gurgaon 19-23 Feb. 2015.
- A peculiar case of generalized weakness: Poster presentation APICON 2015, Gurgaon 19-23 Feb. 2015.
- Prognostic role of serological markers in dengue infection: Poster presentation APICON 2015, Gurgaon 19-23 Feb. 2015.
- Correlation of biochemical markers of renal function and thyroid hormones in undialysed chronic kidney disease patients. Poster presentation APICON 2015, Gurgaon 19-23 Feb. 2015.
- A peculiar case of polyuria : Poster presentation APICON 2015, Gurgaon 19-23 Feb. 2015.
- A case of recurrent diarrhoea and vomiting : Poster presentation APICON 2015, Gurgaon 19-23 Feb. 2015.
- Thyroid status in preeclamptic cases and in normal pregnancy a case control study: Poster presentation APICON 2015, Gurgaon 19-23 Feb. 2015.
- Prevalence of Non Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease, Its Ultrasonographic Severity and Correlation with Elevation of Liver Enzymes in Metabolic Syndrome: Poster presentation APICON 2015, Gurgaon 19-23 Feb. 2015.
- ORIGINAL ARTICLE: Profiling the Mortality due to Influenza A (H1N1) pdm09 at a Tertiary Care Hospital in Jaipur during the Current Season - January & February 2015, JAPI Vol. 63 APRIL 2015
- Preparedness of India’s Largest State in Combating Influenza A (H1N1) Outbreak of 2015: JAPI ¦ Vol. 63 ¦ June 2015
- 2nd Asian Dermatological Congress, 23rd to 26th November, 1989, Singapore: Acne Vulgaris Management: A Novel approach.
- Paper at International Congress in Belgium Sept. 1990: Indian Contribution to Modern Medicine.
- Platform presentation at XIV International Congress for Tropical Medicine and Malaria: Nagasaki, Japan Nov. 1996: “A study of clinical spectrum and therapeutic response in 210 cases of complicated Falciparum Malaria”.
- “A study of clinical spectrum and therapeutic response in 270 cases of complicated Falciparum Malaria”.8th International Congress on Infectious Diseases,Boston May 1998.
Fellowship of ICP conferred February 2014 at Ludhiana Editorial Advisory Board of JAPI May 2015
Dr Sudhir Mehta
Awards and Honours
- Dr H C Saxena Memorial Oration Award 2010 (Rajasthan Chapter of API)
- Fellowship of Indian College of Physicians (FICP) in 2011
- S N Pareek Memorial Oration Award 2011 (Rajasthan Chapter of API)
- Membership of National Academy of Medical Sciences (MNAMS) in 2012
- Dr R M Kasliwal Award 2012 of National Academy of Medical Sciences (NAMS)
- Prof Rathinavelu Subramanium Endowment Oration Award 2012 by Association of Physicians of India.
- Dr Coelho Memorial Lectureship in Experimental Medicine 2013 by Association of Physicians of India.
Papers / Publications
- Congenital Afibrinogenaemia- a case report. JAPI, 1989, Vol 37, No.10.
- Normokalemic periodic paralysis as the presenting manifestation of hyperthyroidism. JAPI 1990, Vol 38, No. 4.
- Glanzman’s thrombasthenia – a case report. JIMA 1991, Vol 89, No.12.
- A study of hepato-toxicity with antitubercular chemotherapy. Raj Med J 1988, Vol XXVII, No.3.
- PUO- a report of two cases of amoebic hepatopulmonary fistula. Raj Med J 1988, Vol XXVII, No. 3 & 4.
- The roles of myoglobin, creatine phosphokinase- MB isoenzyme and aspartate aminotransferase in serum in the acute phase of myocardial infarction. JIMA 1994, Vol 92, No.6.
- Evaluation of cardiac function in asymptomatic diabetics by radionuclide ventriculography and treadmill test. Current Med Trends 1997, Vol 1, 15-18.
- Incidence of cardiac autonomic neuropathy and its correlation with retinopathy, microalbuminuria and glycated hemoglobin in NIDDM. JIMA 2002, Vol 3,141-43.
- Thyroid hormone profile in obese subjects- a clinical study. JIMA 2001, May.
- Effects of peritoneal dialysis on in-vitro thyroid function tests in chronic renal failure. Indian J Nephro 1994, Vol 3, No.4.
- Assessment of in-vitro thyroid function tests in acute renal failure before and after peritoneal dialysis. Indian J Nuclear Med 1994, Vol 9, No.3.
- Relative status of conventional and newer insulins. Raj Med J 1988, Vol XXVII, No.2.
- Bone marrow transplantation – an update review. Raj Med J 1990, Vol XXIX, NO. 2.
- Corrosive injury to the upper GI tract. Current Med Trends 1998, Vol. 2, No. 1.
- High dose hydrocortisone therapy complicating acute severe asthma. JAPI 1995, Vol. 43.
- Delayed reversible myocardial toxicity of Zinc phosphide poisoning. Current Med Trends 1997, Vol. 1, No. 4.
- HIV prevalence among healthy blood donors in SMS Hospital Blood Bank. Raj Med J 2000, Vol XXXIV, 36-40.
- Serum insulin and glucose metabolism in thyroid disorders. Current Med Trends 1999, Vol 3, 505-08.
- Role of Low Molecular weight Heparins in prevention and treatment of venous thrombo-embolism. Current Med Trends 2001, Vol 5, 1042-50.
- New developments in the therapeutics of acute coronary syndrome (Editorial). Current Med Trends 2000, Vol 4, 647-50.
- Recent advances in the management of osteoporosis. Current Med Trends 2001, Vol 5, 911-18.
- Low molecular-weight heparins in acute coronary syndrome. Current Med Trends 2000, Vol 4, 670-76.
- HIV infection- current trends in therapy (Editorial). Current Med Trends 1999, Vol 3, 589-91.
- Infective disorders complicating HIV/AIDS. Raj Med J 2000, Vol XXXIV, 1-8.
- Opportunistic infections and CD4 cell count in AIDS. Raj Medical Probe June 2000.
- Rapid spontaneous recovery from botulism- a report. Raj Medical Probe, July 2000.
- Geographic differences in the characteristics of coronary artery disease in India. International Journal of Cardiology 1998; Vol 67:187-89 (multicentric participation).
- Poisonous snake bite and its management. SDMH Journal 2000, Vol 23, No. 4.
- A clinical approach to Anemia (Clinics in Medicine). Raj Med J 2003-04 (combined issue).
- Sepsis and septic shock: new insights into the pathogenesis and therapy. Raj Med J, Special Suppl issue 2003.
- Pneumothorax. Raj Med J, Special Suppl issue 2003.
- Snake envenomation. Raj Med J, Special Suppl issue, 2003.
- Corrosive injury to the upper gastro-intestinal tract: review. Raj Med J, Special Suppl issue, 2003.
- Electrical injuries: management. Raj Med J, Special Suppl issue, 2003.
- Occupational exposure to HIV in health care settings – current strategies. Current Med Trends 2003, Vol 7, No.2.
- Dilemmas in the diagnosis and management of anemia during pregnancy. Current Medical Trends (ISSN No. 0972-3390) Vol 13, No. 1-2, Jan & April 2009.
- Redefining the present-day classification of anemia in the era of automated hematology analyzers. Current Medical Trends Vol 15/No 1-2, Jan-April 2011.
- A comparative study of Racecadotril and single dose Octreotide as an anti-secretory agent in acute infective diarrhea. JAPI, Vol 60, Issue No. 11, November 2012.
- Editorial on “Examination of peripheral smear: the forgotten art” Current Medical Trends Vol 16, No. 1-2, 2012.
- Detection of mutations in TERT, the genes for telomerase reverse transcriptase, in Indian patients of aplastic anemia: a pilot study. JAPI 2014, Vol 62, No. 10: 13-17
- Hemodynamically asymptomatic spontaneous rupture of the descending aorta masquerading as a lung mass. Lung India March-April 2015, Vol 32, No.2.
- Profiling the mortality due to Influenza A (H1N1) at a tertiary care hospital in Jaipur during the current season-Jan & Feb 2015. JAPI April 2015, Vol 63, No.4.
- Preparedness of India’s largest State in combating Influenza A (H1N1) outbreak of 2015. JAPI June 2015, Vol63, 99.
- Importance of peripheral smear in the era of modern automated hematology. Rajasthan Medical Journal (ISSN:0485-9561) ;2014: 34-9.
1. Co-editor of “UPDATE ON EMERGENCY CARE” a publication of Four Decade Trust of SMS Medical College and sponsored by the Dept. of Science and Technology, Government of Rajasthan & Glaxo Limited.
This book on critical care medicine was first of its kind to be published in the state of Rajasthan, with the aim to disseminate knowledge of recent advances in management of emergency problems encountered in day-to-day clinical practice, to doctors working in district and peripheral hospitals of Rajasthan.
2. Editor, Monograph on “Platelet Disorders” (in progress) under the auspices of ICP & API.
Publication of Chapters
1. Contributed 7 chapters in “UPDATE ON EMERGENCY CARE” on the following topics:
(a). Basic & advanced life supports
(c). Cerebral malaria
(d). Agranulocytosis & neutropenia
(e). Septic shock
(f). Snake Envenomation
(g). Electrical injuries.
2. “Sepsis and sepsis syndrome – recent trends in etiopathogenesis and management” Medicine Update 2002 published by Association of Physicians of India.
3. “Stem cells: Basics, & Potential uses” Chapter 23, 4th edition, “Essentials of Pharmacology”, Editor Dr V N Sharma (in press), Publisher- CBS, New Delhi.
4. “HIV manifestations of HIV/AIDS” in Medicine Update 2011 of Association of Physicians of India.
5. “Hepcidin: biology & its therapeutic applications” in Haematology Today 2011, Editor- Prof M B Agarwal
6. “Thrombocytopenia in intensive care unit patients” in Haematology Today 2012, Editor-Dr M B Agarwal, Mumbai.
7. “A novel approach in the treatment of acute infective diarrhea” in Medicine Update 2012 published by Association of Physicians of India (API).
8. “Prevention of sepsis in asplenic patients” in Haematology Today 2013, Editor- Dr M B Agarwal
9. “Aplastic anemia, Apoptosis & telomeres: insight into missing link & Clinical Implications” in Medicine Update 2013,
publication of the Association of Physicians of India (API).
10. “Thrombocytopenia in critically ill patients in ICU” in Medicine Update 2015 (Dr P J Mehta Oration Award).
11.“Celiac disease & the Hematologist” in Haematology Today 2015, Editor Dr M B Agarwal.
Editorial Board of Indexed Journals
- Co-ordinator Editor, Current Medical Trends (ISSN 0972-3390), 2006-07 to till date.
- Co-editor of special supplement issue of Rajasthan Medical Journal entitled “Emergencies in medical practice” 2003.
- Sub-editor of Rajasthan Medical Journal 2003-04, 2004-05.
- Reviewer for Lung India & Current Medical Trends (indexed journals)
- Associate editor, Dr INDIA (bimonthly magazine)
Publication of Abstracts
- Role of Free T3 and Free T4 in thyroiditis. JAPI, January 1998, Vol 46.
- Delayed reversible myocardial toxicity of zinc phosphide poisoning. JAPI, Jan.1998, Vol 46.
- Thyroid profile in obese subjects. JAPI, Jan.1998, Vol 46.
- An epidemiological profile of fifty thyroiditis patients. JAPI, Jan.1998, Vol 46.
- Insulin resistance in acute myocardial infarction and its association with other cardio-vascular risk factors. JAPI, Jan.1999, Vol 47.
- Evaluation of efficacy of lovastatin in dyslipidemic patients with CAD and those at risk for CAD. JAPI, Jan.1999, Vol 47.
- Comparison of effect of anti-hypertensive drugs on urinary albumin excretion rate in mild to moderate essential hypertension. JAPI, Jan.2000, Vol 48.
- Clinical pattern of malaria epidemic in Rajasthan- SMS Hospital study. JAPI, Jan.2000, Vol 48.
- Epidemiological profile of malaria outbreak in Rajasthan- Observations at Tertiary Care Centre. JAPI, Jan.2000, Vol 48.
- Effect of enalapril on pulmonary function tests and eosinophil count in hypertensive patients. JAPI, Jan.2001, Vol 49.
- Rapid spontaneous recovery from botulism: report of three sporadic and unrelated cases. JAPI, Jan.2001, Vol 49.
- A case report of unusual presentation of acute myeloid leukemia. JAPI, Jan.2002, Vol 50.
- Effect of Nicorandil on right and left ventricular and pulmonary arterial hemodynamics in COPD. JAPI, Jan.2002, Vol 50.
- Effect of drinking water fluoride levels on bone mineral density in post-menopausal women. JAPI, Jan.2002, Vol 50.
- Determination of common carotid artery intima- media thickness in type 2 diabetes and its correlation with other cardiovascular risk factors. JAPI, Jan.2003, Vol 50.
- Determination of CCA intima-media thickness in acute coronary syndrome. JAPI, Jan.2003, Vol 50.
- Influence of Sibutramine on lipid profile in obese subjects. JAPI Dec.2003, Vol 51.
- Effect of Sibutramine on weight and BMI reduction in obese. JAPI, Dec.2003, Vol 51.
- Serum homocysteine & Lipo-protein (a) in young Indians with CAD: A North Indian tertiary hospital experience. APICON Abstract 2005.
- Incidence of Syndrome X in postmenopausal obese Indian women. APICON Abstract 2005.
- A comparative study of relationship between serum Creatinine, Creatinine clearance by Cockroft-Gault formula & GFR by MDRD equation and anemia in diabetic & non-diabetic patients with CKD. 36th Annual Conference of Endocrine Society of India, Nov 2006.
- Comparative study of Racedacotril & octreotide as an anti-secretory agent in acute diarrheal illness. APICON Abstract 2007.
- The demographic profile of HIV positive patients registered at ART centre, SMS Medical College & Hospital, Jaipur (ABS No. 219). APICON 2011
- Detection of mutation in TERT in Indian patients of aplastic anemia. JAPI December 2011, Vol 59.
GUIDE FOR POST-GRADUATE THESIS
- A comparative study of relationship between serum creatinine, creatinine clearance by Cockroft-Gault formula & GFR by MDRD equation and anemia in diabetic & non-diabetic patients with CKD.
- Comparative study of racedacotril & octreotide as an anti-secretory agent in acute diarrheal illness.
- Epidemiological, clinical, hematological & biochemical profile of HIV/AIDS patients attending ART centre, SMS Hospital.
- Magnitude of B-thalassemia trait in patients with microcytic anemia: detection by HPLC method
- Prevalence of B-thalassemia among pregnant women attending Antenatal Clinic at Mahila Chikitsalaya, Jaipur.
- Thrombocytopenia in medical ICU: prevalence & outcome.
- Clinical Profile of hemophilic patients attending SMS Hospital.
DEPARTMENTAL RESEARCH ACTIVITIES
- Detection of mutations in TERT, the genes for the telomerase reverse transcriptase, in patients of aplastic anemia attending SMS Hospital.
sponsored/funded by Dept of Science & Technology, Govt of Rajasthan.
- A comparative study of racecadotril and single dose octreotide as an anti-secretory agent in acute infective diarrhea.
- Serum Myoglobin, an early marker of acute myocardial infarction as compared to CPK-MB isoenzyme and aspartate aminotransferase (PG thesis project).
- Determination of cardiac autonomic neuropathy in type 2 DM and its correlation with microvascular complications.
- Clinical, immunologic, biochemical and cytopathologic profile of 50 consecutive thyroiditis patients attending Thyroid Clinic of SMS Hospital.
- Significance of insulin resistance in non-diabetic patients with acute myocardial infarction and its relationship with other cardiovascular risk factors.
- Study of thyroid profile in fifty obese patients attending Thyroid Clinic at SMS Hospital.
- Study of clinical efficacy of Sibutramine in obese patients attending Obesity Clinic at SMS Hospital.
- Significance of serum Homocysteine and lipo-protein(a) in young Indians with coronary artery disease.
- Study of incidence of syndrome X in fifty post-menopausal obese women attending Obesity & Metabolic Clinic at SMS Hospital.
- Effect of fluoride levels in drinking water on bone mineral density in post-menopausal women residing in Sanganer Tehsil, Jaipur district.
- Beneficial effect of Nicorandil on right and left ventricular and pulmonary arterial hemodynamics in COPD (College Research Grant Project).
- Significance of CCA- IMT in type 2 diabetics and its relationship with other diabetic complications
Dr Pradeep Mital
- Rheumatologic manifestations of type 2 diabetes mellitus: A largely overlooked yet important entity : Renu Saigal*, Deepak K , Dileep Kumar, Abhishek Agrawal, Pradeep Mital, RN Yadav, PD Meena and Laxmikant Goyal. Novel Science International Journal of Medical Science (2012), 1(7): 226-231
- Peripheral neuritis: A review article in Current Medical Journal Vol 17, No. 1. April 2011
- Maternal Profile in Ecclampsia. Current Medical Trends 14/3-4July-Oct 2010
- Medical Nutrition Therapy in Diabetes Mellitus. Chapter in Diabetes Update. ISBN. Jan 2009
- Altitude Illness. Current Medical Journal Vol. 15 No. 5/36 Aug 2009
- HELLP Syndrome. Abstract Book- 52nd AICOG Jan 2009
- Knowledge Attitude and Past contraceptive practices in women during post-partum period and effect of counselling on contraception. RMJ 2007-2008.
Dr Swati Srivastava
Awards and Honours
- She was awarded Fellow Of Indian College Of Physicians, 2013.
- Awarded Chenna Reddy award for year 2000, Rajasthan APICON
- Awarded distinction in Fellowship in Diabetes Mellitus 2010, CMC Vellore.
- Award at Gujarat APICON 1995
- Nontraumatic paraplegia: etiology, clinical and radiological profile. Original article. J Assoc Phy India 2000,48:988-90
- Kikuchi Fujimoto disease with systemic lupus erythematosus: a rare association. Indian Journal of Rheumatology 2006.1(1):36-37
- Pseudo-aneurysm of left ventricle. J Assoc Phy India 2008. 56:200-01.
- Comparing the efficacy and safety profile sitagliptin versus glimepride in patients of type 2 diabetes mellitus inadequately controlled with metformin alone. J Assoc Phy India 2012.60:27-30
- Thyroid disorders in pregnancy. ITSCON 2012 abstract book.
- Hypothyroidism and Comorbid conditions. API Medicine Update: Vol 24.2 2014. Pg 1234-1239
- Thyroid disorders and Diabetes Mellitus RAJ RSSDI 2014. Pg 30-32.
- Guillain Barre Syndrome with antecedent Dengue infection. Rajasthan Medical Journal, issue 2012.
Dr Abhishek Agrawal
- Poster Presentation ‘Lipid Profile in Rheumatoid Arthritis & its Relation to Disease Activity’ in APICON 2001 at New Delhi.
- Renu Saigal, Abhishek Agrawal: ‘Leflunomide, a Novel Immunomodulator for the Treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis’: Journal of Rheumatological Association of India (JIRA), Vol. 9;March 2001.
- K Kothari, Abhishek Agrawal, KK Pareek: Infective Disorders Complicating HIV/AIDS –The Indian Scenario: Medicine Update APICON-2002.
- Renu Saigal, Abhishek Agrawal, D Dadhich: Vasculitis Syndrome: An Approach: J Assoc Phy India 2004; 52:645-48.
- SK Sharma, BS Gupta, G Devpura, A Agarwal S Anand: Pulmonary Hemorrhage Syndrome associated with Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever: A Case Report: J Assoc Phy India 2007;55:729-30.
- Agrawal Abhishek. Cerebral Venous Thrombosis: An Update. RajAPICON 2012
- Rheumatologic manifestations of type 2 diabetes mellitus: A largely overlooked yet important entity : Renu Saigal*, Deepak K , Dileep Kumar, Abhishek Agrawal, Pradeep Mital, RN Yadav, PD Meena and Laxmikant Goyal. Novel Science International Journal of Medical Science (2012), 1(7): 226-231
Dr Bharat Bhushan Sharma
- Sharma BB, Singh S, Sharma VK, Choudhary M, Singh V, Lane S, Lepping P, Krishna M, Copeland J. Psychiatric morbidity in chronic respiratory disorders in an Indian service using GMHAT/PC. Gen Hosp Psychiatry. 2012 Oct 30. doi:pii: S0163-8343(12)00281-2. 10.1016/j.genhosppsych.2012.09.009. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 23122486
- Sharma BB, Singh V. Indian pneumonia guidelines. Lung India 2012;29:307-8
- Singh V, Aziz A, Wakil Q, Sharma BB. Occurrence of hypoxia in the wards of a teaching hospital. Lung India 2012;29:329-31
- Singh V, Meena P, Sharma BB. Asthma-like peak flow variability in various lung diseases. Lung India 2012;29:15-8
- Singh V, Sharma BB, Patel V. Pulmonary sequelae in a patient recovered from swine flu. Lung India 2012;29:277-9
- Singh V, Sharma BB, Saxena P, Meena H, Mangal DK. Price and consumption of tobacco. Lung India 2012;29:212-6
- Sharma BB, Singh V. Textbook of pulmonary and critical care medicine by Dr. S. K. Jindal. Lung India 2012;29:97
- Sharma BB, Singh V. Ethics in writing: Learning to stay away from plagiarism and scientific misconduct. Lung India. 2011 Apr;28(2):148-50
- Sharma BB, Singh V. Pulmonary rehabilitation: An overview. Lung India 2011;28:276-84
- Beniwal S, Sharma BB, Singh V. What we can say: disease illiteracy. J Assoc Physicians India. 2011 Jun;59:360-4.
- Rao RS, Singh S, Sharma BB, Agarwal VV, Singh V. Sildenafil improves six-minute walk distance in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Indian J Chest Dis Allied Sci. 2011 Apr-Jun;53(2):81-5.
- Sharma BB. Molds and the lungs. Lung India 2010;27:194-95.
- Singh V, Sharma BB, Yadav R, Meena P. Respiratory Morbidity Attributable to Auto-exhaust Pollution in Traffic Policemen of Jaipur. J Asthma. 2009 Mar;46(2):118-21.
- Mathur SK, Rathore R, Chandra S, Sharma BB, Sharma S, Mathur P, et al. Primary pioglitazone failure in asian indian diabetics is not related to common pro12ala polymorph. Indian J Physiol Pharmacol 2009; 53 (2): 175–180.
- Shibin TS, Sharma BB, Rao RS, Singh V. An interesting case of gastroenteritis with ‘shock.’ J Assoc Physicians India. 2008;56:474.
- Mathur SK, Sharma BB, Chaudhary D, Rao RS, Shibin TS, Singh V. Clubbing in a case of hypothyroidism. J Assoc Physians India.2008;56:241.
- Saxena M, Rao RS, Sharma BB, Singh A, Singh V. Primary anaemia (haematological causes): a prevalence study in a tertiary care centre. Current Medical Trends 2008;12:2318-24.
- Shibin TS, Chaudhary D, Sharma BB, Singh V. A case of Aortic Aneurism in miliary tuberculosis. Current Medical Trends 2007; 11: 2184-88.
- Sharma BB. Neuro-psychiatric aspects of epilepsy. In Essentials of Post Graduate Psychiatry. Vyas JN, Nathawat SS, Gada M, Rajdan VK, Eds. Published 2004:105-21.
- Sharma BB, Govil A. Probiotics inhealth and disease. SDMH Journal 2001;25(1): 9-13.
- Sharma BB, Meena RP, Mathur US. Current trends in management of community acquired pneumonia. Current Medical Trends 2001;5: 1032-41.
- Sharma BB, Govil A. Crohn’s disease in India: revisited. SDMH Journal 2000;24(3): 5-9.
Dr Sandeep Jasuja
- Successful Peripheral Haematopoitic Autologous Stem Cells Transplants After More Than 5 Days of without Cryopreservation In Non Hodgkin Lymphoma: Asian Scenario. Blood (ASH Annual Meeting Abstracts), Nov 2010; 116: 4447.Sandeep Jasuja, Hemant Malhota, Neetu Kukar(Jasuja), Dinesh Gautam, Shrikant Sharma, and Rajesh Sharma
- A simplified method at lowest cost for autologous, non-cryopreserved, nmanipulated, periphral hematopoetic stem cells transplant in multiple myeloma and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: Asian scenario. S. K. Jasuja, N. Kukar (jasuja), R. Jain, A. Bhateja, A. Jasuja and Rohit Jain. Journal of Clinical Oncology, 2010 ASCO Annual Meeting Proceedings (Post-Meeting Edition). Vol 28, No 15_suppl
- ASCT of Relapsed -Recurrent Hodgkin Lymphoma After Multiple Salvage Therapy.Chronicle in Lymphoma.
- Controversies in multiple myeloma during and after Autologous stem cells transplant. ‘What's new in multiple myeloma’:- One day update by Dr MB Agarwal.
- T cell lymphoma: - Chapter in lymphoma book edited by MB Agarwal.
Dr Adil Aziz
- Singh V,Aziz A,Waqil Q.Sharma BB.Occurence of hypoxia in the wards of a teaching hospital.Lung India 2012;29:329-331.
- Vyas N,Pathan N,Aziz A.Enteric pathogens in HIV-positive patients with diarrhoea and their correlation with CD4+ T-lymphocyte counts. Trpo Parasitol 2012;2:29-34.
- Singh V, Aziz A.Epidemiology of Asthma and related allergic ailments.Asthma and COPD2012:1-4. Singh V, Aziz A.Asthma phenotypes.Asthma and COPD2012:5-9.
Dr Ibraheem Khan
- Ibraheem Khan*, Chandra Kant**, anil Samaria. Assessment of Hypogonadism with Reference to Clinical Features and Serum Testosterone Levels in Asian-Indian Male Type 2 Diabetics . Indian Journal of Clinical Practice 2012; 23 (2)94-101.
- Ibraheem Khan, Chandra Kant, Anil Sanwaria, Alok Goyal . Hemichorea-hemiballismus as the presenting manifestation of nonketotic hyperglycemia in an adolescent with undiagnosed type 2 diabetes mellitus. Indian Journal of Endocrinology and Metabolism / 2012 / Vol 16 / Supplement 1.
- Ibraheem Khan*, Chandra Kant, Alok Goyal. Organophosphate- Induced Delayed Spastic Parapegia and Distal Motor Neuropathy. Indian Journal of Clinical Practice2011; 22 (2)81-82.
- Monika Maheshwari, Ibraheem. Esophageal Ulceration Following Typhoid Fever . Indian Journal of ClinicalPractice 2010; 21 (7)405-406.
- Ibraheem Khan, Chandra Kant, Anil Samria, Lokesh Meena. Acute cardiac toxicity of Nerium oleander/indicum poisoning (Kaner) poisoning.Heart Views 2010;11(3)115-116
- Ibraheem Khan, Chandra Kant, Anil , Monika et a. Pregnancy with mitral stenosis. The Antiseptic 2010;107(6)278-84.
- Ibraheem Khan, Chandra Kant, Anil Samria. Atypical Presentation of Diabetes in a 82-year-old Female as Abnormal Body Movements. Handbook on Diabetes Case Reports 2nd edition IJCP 2010; 31-38
- Ibraheem Khan, Chandra Kant, MeenakshiÃ¢ï¿½Â , Riddhi. Spontaneous Rupture of Hepatic Hydatid Cyst into Extraperitoneum Causing only Abdominal Distension. Indian Journal of Clinical Practice2010; 20 (10)746-48
- R.K.Gokhroo,Ibraheem khan,K.Gokhroo. Multiple modal velocities in the doppler spectral pattern is a marker of significant flow with near vicinity. A Case Report Journal of Cardiology 2009; 12 (3&4)53-55.
- R.K.Gokhroo,Ibraheem khan,Shiv Agrawal. Corrected Transposition of Great Arteries With Complete Heart Block. A Case Report Journal of Cardiology 2009; 12 (3&4)50-52.
- R.K.Gokhroo,Ibraheem khan. Inotropes: A to Z. Journal of Cardiology 2009; 12 (3&4)13-42.
- Gokhroo R.K. ,Khan Ibraheem. ACE INHIBITORS TO ARBS: A RAINBOW REVIEW. Journal of Cardiology 2009; 12 (1&2)34-69.
- R.K.Gokhroo,Ibraheem khan,K.Gokhroo. Multiple Clicks In Patent ductus Arteriosus : Proposed Additional Mechanism. Indian Journal of Cardiology 2009; 12 (1&2)27-30.
Dr Laxmi Kant Goyal (Assistant Professor, Medicine)
- Dr J C Patel-Dr B C Mehta JAPI Award 2014 in category of Best Case Report- “Familial Juvenile Hyperuricemic Nephropathy 1(FJHN1)”- (Co-author)
- Dr Farooq Abdullah Best Research Paper Award for the year 2012-2013
- Dr Anshul Agrawal, Dr Pradeep Mital, Dr Laxmi Kant Goyal et al. A Study of Risk Factors and Impact of HAART on Blood Pressure in North Indians Living With HIV/AIDS. Sch. Acad. J. Biosci., 2015; 3(1B):98-103
- Pradeep Mital, Laxmi Kant Goyal et al. Nutritional Status and its Relation with Disease Activity in Rheumatoid Arthritis: A Study from North India. Sch. Acad. J. Biosci., 2014; 2(11): 788-792
- Rajeev Sharma, Renu Saigal, Laxmikant Goyal et al. Estimation of Vitamin D Levels in Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients and its Correlation with the Disease Activity. JAPI, August 2014, Vol . 62 .687-681
- Khushbu Jindal, Kamlesh Khilnani, Laxmi Kant Goyal et al. Microalbuminuria and Other Risk Factors in Diabetic Retinopathy. Research & Reviews: Journal of Medicine, 2014, Vol 4, Issue 2,29-35
- Naveen Gupta, Renu Saigal, Laxmikant Goyal et al. Carotid Intima Media Thickness as a Marker of Atherosclerosis in Ankylosing Spondylitis. International Journal of Rheumatology.Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 839135
- Dr. Pradeep Mital, Dr. Laxmi Kant Goyal et al. Metabolic syndrome and subclinical atherosclerosis: Influence of HIV status and HAART. Scholars Journal of Applied Medical Sciences 2013; 1(6):830-836
- Renu Saigal, Laxmikant Goyal et al. Anti-nucleosome antibodies in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. Potential utility as a diagnostic tool and disease activity marker and its comparison with anti-ds DNA antibody. J Assoc Phy India 2013;61:3-6.
- Renu Saigal*, Deepak K, Dileep Kumar, Abhishek Agrawal, Pradeep Mital, RN Yadav, PD Meena and Laxmikant Goyal. Rheumatologic manifestations of type 2 diabetes mellitus:A largely overlooked yet important entity : Novel Science International Journal of Medical Science (2012), 1(7): 226-231 (www.novelsciencemedical.info)
- Renu Saigal, Naveen Gupta, Laxmikant Goyal et al.Boomerang sign. JAPI, May 2015, Vol . 63.65
- Rajat Bhargava, Renu Saigal, Rajeev Sharma, Laxmikant Goyal, et al. Familial Juvenile Hyperuricemic Nephropathy 1(FJHN1). JAPI, August 2014, Vol . 62(08) :089-92
- Renu Saigal, Laxmi Kant Goyal et al. Methaemoglobinaemia as a Result of Nitrite Poisoning. JAPI, August 2014, Vol . 62 .737-738
Dr Kamlesh Kumar Sharma, Assistant Professor
- Aspirin Resistance: A Review, Dr. Kamlesh Sharma, Dr. Lokendra Sharma, Dr. Monica Jain, Dr. Gopal Jhalani, Dr. Shivankan Kakar, Dr. Sanjay Singhal, International Multispecialty Journal of Health, Vol-1, Issue-4, June- 2015
- Insulin resistance an independent risk factor for CVD in type 2 DM Patient on antidiabetic drugs. Indian J Pharmacology; december 2009 Vol 41;Supplement 1; S146
- Lead poisoning after gunshot injury in Lower part of body: A case report . Indian J Pharmacology; December 2009 Vol 41;Supplement 1; S149
- Cutaneous Sign Suggesting Insulin Resistance And Secretion In T2DM Patients. Endocrine Practice 2007;22:(supp2)27
Dr. Sunil Kumar Mahavar, Assistant Professor
1- A rare case report: Pancreatic tuberculosis in immunocompetent patient-JIACM- INDMED
2- Pictorial CME : Diabetes type I with alopecia areata- JIACM- INDMED
3- Pictorial CME : Snake bite with strange skin lesion- JAPI May 2014
4- SPLIT HAND/FOOT-Malformation Syndrome with cerebral Degeneration JAPI Feb 2016
5- UPDATE ON ZIKA VIRUS : Dengue’s Cousin, Clinical update THE RMJ 2016
6- E- POSTER Spectrum of Malaria with specific reference to plasmodium vivex APICON 2015
7- POSTER – A Case of recurrent Diarrhoea & Vomiting APICON 2015
8- Metronidazole induce Encephalopathy JAPI NOV 2016
9- Haemophilia Pseudo Tumour JAPI 2016
10- Biochemical characteristics of Malaria patients with their association with severity of disease; IMJH July 2017.
11- Hereditary Spherocytosis in a 17 year girl: A case report IMJH July 2017.
12- Magnitude of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) and concomitant risk factors in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus IJAM August 2017.
13- Gum Hypertrophy – warning Sign JAPI
14- Cryptococcal meningitis transcending immunological barrier in an immunocompetent patient INJMS 2017
Clinical Drug Trial :
1-study title is “Evaluation of efficacy and safety of Fixed Dose Combination of statin and cholecalciferol for the treatment of hyperlipidemia: a randomised, open label, comparative, multicenter study”. (SP/IP-100/1012)
2-Study Title: A randomised, multi-centric, double blinded, comparative study to evaluate efficacy and safety of fixed dose combination of Pregabalin and Amitriptyline in comparison to monotherapy of Pregabalin and Amitriptyline in patients having Neuropathic Pain in India Protocol No: CRD/15/012
3-Study title is Evaluation of safety and efficacy of fixed dose combination of pantoprazole and sustained release levosulpiride for short term therapy of gastroesophageal reflux disease (gerd) in patients who do not respond to ppi alone: an open label, multicentric study (SP/IP-124/0914)
Protocol No.: HCR/III/PRUCALOC/02/2013