Research & Publication
Department of Medical Gastroenterology
Research & Publications
1. Sharma SS, Jain M, Maharshi S. High diagnostic yield of endoscopic ultrasound guided fine needle aspiration withoutan on-site cytopathologist. Indian J Gastroenterol 2017 Mar ;36(2):88-91
2. Sharma SS, Singh B, Jain M, Maharshi S, Nijhawan S, Sapra B, Jhajharia A. Endoscopic management of pancreatic pseudocysts and walled-off pancreatic necrosis: A two-decade experience. Indian J Gastroenterol 2016 Jan;35(1):40-7.
3. Maharshi S, Puri AS, Sachdeva S, Kumar A, Dalal A, Gupta M.Aetiological spectrum of benign gastric outlet obstruction in India: new trends. Trop Doct 2016.;46(4):186-91
4. Singh J, Sharma BC, Maharshi S, Puri V, Srivastava S. Spectral electroencephalogram in liver cirrhosis with minimal hepatic encephalopathy before and after lactulose therapy. J Gastroenterol Hepatol Dec 2015.
5. Maharshi S, Sharma BC, Sachdeva S, Srivastava S, Sharma P. Efficacy of Nutritional therapy for patients with cirrhosis and minimal hepatic encephalopathy in a randomized trial. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 2015 Mar;14(3):454-60.
6. Jindal A, Sharma BC, Sachdeva S, Chawla R, Srivastava S, Maharshi S. Bispectral index monitoring for diagnosis and assessment of severity of hepatic encephalopathy in cirrhotic patients. Dig Liver Dis. 2015 Sep;47(9):769-74.
7. Maharshi s, sharma bc, srivastava s. Malnutrition in cirrhosis increases morbidity and mortality. J gastroenterol hepatol. 2015oct; 30(10):1507-13.
8. Sharma BC, Maharshi S. Prevention of Hepatic Encephalopathy Recurrence . Clin Liver Dis 2015 Mar;5(3):64-67.
9. Maharshi S, Sharma BC, Srivastava S, Jindal A. Randomised controlled trial of lactulose versus rifaximin for prophylaxis of hepatic encephalopathy in patients with acute variceal bleed. Gut 2015 Aug;64(8):1341-2.
1. Incidentally detected ectopic Ampulla of Vater in patient of colonic tuberculosis. Mukesh Jain, Gyan P. Rai, Rupesh Kumar Pokharna, Prachis Ashdhir
2. A Tender pulsatile mass in a patient with splenomegaly. Madhu M.P., Bir Singh, Rupesh Pokharna, Garima Sharma, Gyan P. Rai
3. Association cleliac disease and portal hypertension : Cirrhotic or non cirrhotic. Bir Singh & Paras Shah & M. Rajmani & Rupesh Kumar Pokharna & Prachis Ashdir & Subhash Nepalia
4. Randomized controlled trial of comparison of the adequacy, and diagnostic yield of endoscopic ultrasound guided fine needle aspiration with and without a stylet in Indian patients : A prospective single blind study. Sandeep Nijhawan, Bir Singh, Amritesh Kumar, Dilip Ramrakhiani, Amit Mathur, Gaurav Gupta
5. Endoscopic ultrasound guided fine-needle aspiration without rapid on site evaluation by cytopathologist:An institutional experience. Sandeep Nijhawan, Bir Singh, Kumar Shwetanshu Narayan, Dilip Ramrakhiani
6. Chronic liver disease in alcohol-related chronic pancreatitis patients : does lightining strike twice? Amit Soni & Bir singh & Sandeep Nijhawan & Amit Mathur & Gaurav Gupta
7. Uncomplicated spontaneous intragastric rupture of pancreatic pseudocyst. Bir Singh & M.P. Madhu & Prachis Ashdhir & Rupesh Kumar Pokharna
8. Rare Cause of Uncomplicated Gas-forming Pyogenic liver abscess. NijhawanS*, Singh B,Kumar A, Gupta G
9. Obstructive Jaundice due to metastatic retroperitoneal lymphadenopathy of carcinoma base o f tongue. Amritesh Kumar, Bir singh, M.P. Madhu, Rupesh Kumar Pokharna, Prachis Ashdhir, Sandeep Jain
10. Phytobezoar, A C.T. Diagnosis. Sandeep Nijhawan*, Amritesh Kumar, Bir Singh and Gaurav Gupta
11. Short term biliary stenting before mechanical lithotripsy for difficult bile duct stone. S.S.Sharma, Ashok Jhajharia, Sudhir Maharishi
12. Spectrum of CLD admitted to a medical college & hospital in northern India : is there cause of concern. Ashok Jhajharia, Amit Soni, Rupesh Kumar Pokharna, Prachis Ashdhir, S.S.Sharma, Subhash Nepalia
13. Mediastinal paraganglioma –specific EUS features. S.S.Sharma, Ashok Jhajharia, Sudhir Maharishi
14. Pancreatic biliary EUS in opium addicts-presenting with Abdominal pain. S.S.Sharma, Sewa Ram, S. Maharishi, Vijay Shanker, Ashok Jhajharia