Research & Publication
Department Of Endocrinology
Latest Research & Publication of Dr. Sandeep Kumar Mathur
Current Research Project titled : “Clinical, Biochemical and Cellular Correlates of Transcriptome of Adipose Tissue among Type-2 Diabetics”
1. Autonomic Dysfunction in Asian Indian T2DM Patients is related to Body Fat Content Instead of Insulin Resistance: A DEXA Study. Journal of Basic & Applied Sciences, 2014, 10, 212-219.
2. An Application of the ABS Algorithm for Modeling Multiple Regressions on Massive Data, Predicting the Most Influencing Factors. Applied Mathematics, 2013, 907-913
3. Transcriptomic Analysis of Visceral Adipose from Healthy and Diabetic Obese Subjects. I J Endo Matab2013;17:446-50
4. System Biology Approach Reveals Genome to Phenome Correlation in Type 2Diabetes. PLoS ONE 8(1): e53522.
5. Genome-wide Association Study for Type 2 Diabetes in Indians Identifies a New Susceptibility Locus at 2q21. Diabetes2013 Mar;63(3):977-86.
6. Elevated levels of C - reactive protein as a risk factor for Metabolic Syndrome in Indians. Atherosclerosis 2012; 220:275-81
7. Common Variants of SLAMF1 and ITLN1 in 1q21 are associated with type 2 diabetes in Indian population. J Hum Genet. 2012 Mar;57(3):184-90
8. Common variants of FTO and the risk of obesity and type 2 diabetes in Indians. Journal of Human Genetics2011. 1-7
9. Microarray Evidences the Role of Pathologic Adipose Tissue in Insulin Resistance and Their Clinical Implication. JObes2011:587495.
10. Dietary iron deficiency anemia and its consequences on pregnancy outcome and duration of gestation in rats. Int J Biol Med Res. 2010; 1(3): 49-53.
11. Glycemic control in type 2 diabetes mellitus patients undergoing major surgery:Comparision of three s.c. insulin regimens. J Ind Med Ass.2009 Nov;107(11):759-61.
12. Primary Pioglitazone Failure in Asian Indians Diabetics is not related to Common Pro2Ala polymorph of PPAE-y Gene.Ind J Physiol Pharm2009; 53(2) : 175-180.
13. Clubbing in a case of hypothyroidism. J Ass Phy Ind.2008; 56: 241
14. Type-2 Diabetes Related Intermediate Phenotypic Traits in North Indian diabetics. Indian J of Clinical Biochemistry 2007; 22(2) : 70-73.
15. Metabolic syndrome: appraisal of risk factors in first degree non-diabetic relatives of NIDDM subjects. Current Medical Trends 2005;9: 1660-69
16. Oxidative stress in metabolic syndrome. Indian J of Clinical Biochemistry. 2005; 20(1):145-149.
17. Male adult with Autoimmune Polyglandular Syndrome Type-I presenting as refractory seizures, Neurosciences today 1999; 3 : 165-166.
18. Silent Myocardial ischemia and microvascular disease are associated with LV diastolic dysfunction in NIDDM patients. J. Diabetic Assoc. India 1998; 38: 55-58.
19. Insulin resistance and Skin tags (Letter). Dermatology 1997; 195: 184.
20. Acrochordon, diabetes and associations. Ind. J. Dermatol Veneroll Leprol 1996; 62:250-251.
21. A study of body hair distribution of women attending Endocrine our patient service. Ind. J. Dermatol Venerol Leprol 1996; 62:238.
22. Sheeshan Syndrome: An analysis of possible aetiological factors. Aust NZ J Obstet Gynaecol 1994; 34(5): 534-36.
23. LV Diastolic Dysfunction in hypothyroidism, Raj. Med. Jr. 1992; 31(2): 65-70.
24. Exercises in patients with coronary artery disease. Raj. Med. Jr. 1990; 34(4): 177-80.
1. Primary Unresponsiveness to Pioglitazone is not related to PPAR and its Co-activator Gene SNP polymorphs. Endocr Rev 2014 35: SAT-980.
2. Change in Autonomic Regulation with Pioglitazone Monotherapy is Related to Change in BMI instead of Insulin Resistance Among Asian Indian T2DM Patients. Endocr Rev 2012 33: MON-202.
3. Effect of Pioglitazone Monotherapy on Body Composition Among Asian Indian T2DM Patients. Endocr Rev 2012 33:SUN-175.
4. Automatic Dysfunction in Asian Indian Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus Patients and Its Relation with Body Fat Content, Distribution and Insulin Resistance Endocr Rev 32: p1-516.
5. Inter-Individual Variations in Response to Pioglitazone Monotherapy among Asian Indian T2DM Patients Endocr Rev 32:P3-502
6. Comparison of Outcomes of Differents Insulin Regimens in Type 2 Diabetics during the Perioperative Period: A Single-Blind Multi-Center Study Endocr Rev 32:P3-462.
7. Genome Wide Gene Expression Profiling Of Visceral Adipose Tissue among Asian Indian Diabetics. American Associations of Clinical Endocrinologists 18th Annual Meeting, Houston, USA, 2009. Abstracts.222, P28.
8. Glycemic control in T2DM patients undergoing major surgery: Comparative study of three s.c. insulin regimens. American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists 17th Annual Meeting, Orlando, USA, 2008. Abstracts.212, P21.
9. Cutaneous signs suggesting insulin resistance and secretion in T2DM patients. American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists 17th Annual Meeting, Seattle, USA, 2007. Abstracts.418, P11.
10. Effect of dietary iron deficiency anaemia on peripartum pituitary hormones. Endocrine Abstracts (2006) 12 P76.
11. Effect of dietary iron deficiency anaemia on TSH and peripartum thyroid function. Endocrine Abstracts (2006) 12 P123.
12. Factors influencing response to pioglitazone Monotherapy in North Indian T2DM Subjects: Need For Identifying Factors Underlying Primary failure. Endocr Pract. 2006; 12(Suppl 2) 17-18.
13. Type-2 Diabetes Related Intermediate Phenotypic Traits in North Indian Diabetics. Endocrine Practice2005; 11(Suppl 1): 16.
14. Prevalence of Metabolic Syndrome in India. The Clinical Biochemists Reviews,2004 (Supple) S20.
15. Serum LP (a) and lipid profile in diabetes-a correlative study. 29th Annual conference of Association of Clinical Biochemists of India 2003, Jaipur. India.
16. Etiologic Heterogeneity and mode of presentation among patients with Rickets and Osteomalacia. Endocrine society of India, Annual Conference, ESICON 1998, Varanasi(India).