Research & Publication
Department Of Endocrinology
Latest Research & Publication of Dr. Sandeep Kumar Mathur
1. Validation of Gene sets identified from Transcriptomic data of Adipose tissue of Asian Indian T2DM patients. Sponsored by Research Society for Study of Diabetes in India (RSSDI).
2. Impact of Differential Protein Expression on Regulation of Adipogenesis in Mesenchymal Cells derived from Diabetic Adipose Tissues. DHR SMS Medical College, MDRU project.
3. Isolation of Mesenchymal Stem cell from Adipose tissue of Asian Indian T2DM patients and generation of Cell Line committed to Adipocytes- Sponsored by Metabolism & Molecular Research Society, Jaipur.
RESEARCH PROJECTS DONE
1. Effect of meal composition and ethnic variability on the efficacy of insulin lispro in indian patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus protocol f3z – in – 5004 – A Multicentre study as per GCP regulation sponsored by Eli Lilly Ranbexy Ltd., New Delhi, India.
2. A study of various risk factors in causation of diabetes mellitus & cad – appraisal of syndrome X. – A project sponsored by Research Committee of SMS Medical College, Jaipur, India.
3. A study of relationship between PPAR Gamma gene polymorphs and response to pioglitazone monotherapy in Asian/Indian type-2 Diabetes Mellitus patients
4. CSIR Task Force Project titled “Diabetes mellitus-New drug discovery R &D, molecular mechanisms and genetic & epidemiological factors (NWP0032) – Clinical Partner.
5. Clinical, biochemical and cellular correlates of Transcriptome of adipose tissue from Asian Indian Diabetics. Major Research Project Funded by Indian Council of Medical Research.
1. N. Gupta. N. Sharma, S.K. Mathur, R. Chandra, SurendraNimesh. Advancement in nanotechnology based approaches for the treatment and diagnosis of hypercholesterolemia.Artificial Cells, Nanomedicine and Biotechnology (2017) DOI: 10.1080/21691401.2017.1417863
2. Hema Singh, Pradeep Tiwari, Vijay Bhavi, Praveen Chaudhary, Prashant Suravajhala, Krishna Mohan, SandeepK.Mathur. Application of chromosomal microarray for evaluation of Idiopathic short stature in Indian Children: a pilot study. Indian J EndocrinolMetab (in press).
3. ManishaMavai, Yogendra Raj Singh ,R. C. Gupta, Sandeep K. Mathur,BhartiBhandari,. Linear Analysis of Autonomic Activity and Its Correlation with Creatine Kinase-MB in Overt Thyroid Dysfunctions. Indian J ClinBiochem. 2017 (in press)
4. Sharma B, Singh H, Chodhary P, Saran S, Mathur SK. Osteoporosis in OtherwiseHealthy Patients with Type 2 Diabetes: A Prospective Gender Based ComparativeStudy. IndianJ EndocrinolMetab. 2017;21(4):535-539.
5. AnushaSingh, Sowmya D, Anita Simlot, Sandeep Kumar Mathur, Monika Rathore, Rajagopala Sridaran and Amitabh Krishna. Localization of Gonadotropin-Releasing Hormone (GnRH), GnRH Receptor and Kisspeptin in theovary of control and Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) women. Indian Jof Basic and Applied Med Res; June 2017: Vol.-6, Issue- 3, P. 78-88
6. Prashant Mathur, Poonam Punjabi, Soiya Lalwani, M. Krishna Mohan, MukulMathur and Sandeep K. Mathur. Primary Unresponsiveness to Pioglitazone is notRelated to PPAR-ϒ and Its Co-activator Gene Exon SNP Markers. J PharmRes int. 11(3): 1-9, 2016.
7. Prashant Mathur, Sandeep Kumar Mathur, Poonam Punjabi, RadhikaVaishnav and Mukul Mathur. Effect of Pioglitazone on Body Composition inAsian Indian Diabetics Suggest Role of Limb Fat in their High InsulinResistance. J AdvMed Med Res, 11(4): 1-11, 2016
8. Poonam Punjabi, Prashant Mathur, R.C. Gupta, Itisha Mathur, JyotiThanvi, Deepak Gupta and Sandeep Mathur.Autonomic Dysfunction in Asian IndianT2DM Patients is Related to Body Fat Content Instead of Insulin Resistance: a DEXA Study. J Basic & Applied Sciences, 2014;10: 212-219.
9. SoniyaLalwani, M. Krishna Mohan,Pooran Singh,SolankiSorabhSinghalSandeepMathur, Emilio Spedicato.An Application of the ABS Algorithm for ModelingMultiple Regressions on Massive Data, Predicting the MostInfluencing Factors.Applied Mathematics, 2013, 4, 907-913.
10. Sandeep Kumar Mathur Priyanka Jain Prashant Mathur Poonam Punjabi AtimaAgarwalAbhay Sharma. Transcriptomic Analysis of Visceral Adipose fromHealthy and Diabetic Obese Subjects. Indian J EndocrinolMatab. 2013; 17:446-50.
11. Priyanka Jain, SaurabhVig, MalabikaDatta, Dinesh Jindel, Ashok KumarMathur, Sandeep Kumar Mathur, and Abhay Sharma Systems Biology ApproachReveals Genome to Phenome Correlation in Type 2 Diabetes. PLoS ONE 8(1):e53522.
12. Tabassum R, Chauhan G, Dwivedi OP, Mahajan A, Jaiswal A, Kaur ,Bandesh K,Singh T, Mathai BJ, Pandey Y, Chidambaram M, Sharma A, Chavali S, SenguptaS, Ramakrishnan L, Venkatesh P, Aggarwal SK, Ghosh S, Prabhakaran D, SrinathRK, Saxena M, Banerjee M, Mathur S, Bhansali A, Shah VN, Madhu SV,Marwaha RK, Basu A, Scaria V, McCarthy MI; DIAGRAM; INDICO,Venkatesan R, Mohan V, Tandon N, Bharadwaj. D. Genome-wide AssociationStudy for Type 2 Diabetes in Indians Identifies a New Susceptibility Locus at2q21. Diabetes 2013 Mar;62(3):977-86.
13. AnubhaMahajan, AlokJaiswalal, RubinaTabassum, AvijitPodder, SaurabhGhosh, S.V. Madhu, Sandeep K. Mathur, Nikhil Tandon,DwaipayanBharadwaj. Elevated levels ofC-reactive protein as a risk factor for MetabolicSyndrome in Indians. Atherosclerosis 220 (2012) 275–281.
14. Tabassum R, Mahajan A, Dwivedi OP, Chauhan G, Spurgeon CJ, Kumar MV,Ghosh S, Madhu SV, Mathur SK, Chandak GR, Tandon N, BharadwajD.Common variants of SLAMF1 and ITLN1 on 1q21 are associated with type 2diabetes in Indian population. J Hum Genet. 2012 Mar;57(3):184-90.
15. Ganesh Chauhan, RubinaTabassum, AnubhaMahajan, Om Prakash Dwivedi, Yuvaraj Mahendran, Ismeet Kaur, Shubhanchi Nigam, Himanshu Dubey, Binuja Varma, Sri Venkata Madhu, Sandeep K Mathur, SaurabhGhosh,Nikhil Tandon and DwaipayanBharadwajCommon variants of FTO and the riskof obesity and type 2 diabetes in Indians. JHum Genet 2011, 1–7.
16. Sandeep Kumar Mathur, Priyanka Jain, and Prashant Mathur, MicroarrayEvidences the Role of Pathologic Adipose Tissue in Insulin Resistance and TheirClinical Implications. J Obes 2011:587495.
17. Neetumathur , Sandeep Mathur , Suresh C Joshi Dietary iron deficiency anemiaand its concequences on pregnancy outcome and duration of gestation in rats. IntJ Biol Med Res. 2010; 1(3): 49 – 53.
18. Sandeep Kumar Mathur, AlkaBansal, ZafferYab Khan. Glycemic control in type 2diabetes mellitus patients undergoing major surgery: Comparison of three s.c.insulin regimens. J Indian Med Asso. 2009 Nov;107(11):759-61.
19. Mathur SK, Rathore R, Chandra S,Sharma BB, Sharma L, Mathur P, Mathur M.Primary PioglitazoneFailure in Asian Indians Diabetics is not related to Common Pro12Ala polymorphof PPAR-γ Gene. Indian J PhysiolPharmacol. 2009; 53 (2) : 175–180.
20. S K Mathur, B B Sharma, D Choudhary, R S Rao et al.Clubbing in a case of hypothyroidism. J Assoc Physicians India.2008.; 56: 241.
21. S.K. Mathur, Piyush Chandra Sandhya Mishra, PeeyushAjmera and PraveenSharmaType-2 Diabetes Related Intermediate Phenotypic Traits in North Indiandiabetics. Indian J of ClinBiochem 2007; 22(2) :70-73.
22. Praveen Sharma, Sandhya Mishra, PeeyushAjmera and Sandeep Mathur.Oxidative stress in metabolic syndrome. Indian J of ClinBiochem. 2005;20(1): 145-149.
23. S.K. Mathur, V.S. Baldva. Silent Myocardial ischemia and microvascular diseaseare associated with LV diastolic dysfunction in NIDDM patients. J. DiabeticAssoc. India 1998; 38: 55-58.
24. SK Mathur, P Bhargava. Insulin resistance and Skin tags (Letter). Dermatology1997; 195: 184.
25. Bhargava P, Mathur SK, Mathur DK, Malpani S, Goel S, Agarwal US, Bhargava RK. Acrochordon, diabetes and associations. Indian JDermatolVenerolLeprol1996; 62:250-251.
26. Mathur SK, Ammini AC. A study of body hair distribution of women attendingEndocrine out patient service. Indian J. DermatolVenerolLeprol 1996; 62:238.
27. A C Ammini, S.K. Mathur. Sheehan Syndrome: An analysis of possible aetiological factors. Aust NZ J ObstetGynaecol 1994; 34(5): 534-36.
28. Mathur SK, Baldva VS. LV Diastolic Dysfunction in Hypothyroidism, Raj. Med.Jr. 1992; 31(2): 65-70.
1. Primary Unresponsiveness to Pioglitazone is not related to PPAR-activator Gene SNP polymorphs. Endocr Rev 2014 35: SAT-980.
2. Change in Autonomic Regulation with Pioglitazone Monotherapy is Related to Change in BMI Instead of Insulin Resistance Among Asian Indian T2DM Patients. Endocr Rev 2012 33: MON-202.
3. Effect of Pioglitazone Monotherapy on Body Composition Among Asian Indian T2DM Patients. Endocr Rev 2012 33: SUN-175
4. Autonomic Dysfunction in Asian Indian Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus Patients and Its Relation with Body Fat Content, Distribution and Insulin Resistance Endocr Rev 32: P1-516
5. Inter-Individual Variations in Response to Pioglitazone Monotherapy among Asian Indian T2DM Patients Endocr Rev 32: P3-502
6. Comparison of Outcomes of Different Insulin Regimens in Type 2 Diabetics during the Perioperative Period: A Single-Blind Multi-Center Study Endocr Rev 32: P3-462
7. Genome Wide Gene Expression Profiling Of Visceral Adipose Tissue among Asian Indian Diabetics. American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists 18th Annual Meeting, Houston, USA, 2009. Abstracts. 222, P28.
8. Glycemic control in T2DM patients undergoing major surgery: Comparative study of three s.c.insulin regimens. American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists 17th Annual Meeting, Orlando, USA, 2008. Abstracts. 212, P21.
9. Cutaneous signs suggesting insulin resistance and secretion in T2DM patients. American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists 17th Annual Meeting, Seattle, USA, 2007. Abstracts. 418, P11.
10. Effect of dietary iron deficiency anaemia on peripartum pituitary hormones. Endocrine Abstracts (2006) 12 P76
11. Effect of dietary iron deficiency anaemia on TSH and peripartum thyroid function. Endocrine Abstracts (2006) 12 P123.
12. Factors influencing response to pioglitazone Monotherapy in North Indian T2DM Subjects: Need For Identifying Factors Underlying Primary failure. EndocrPract. 2006;12(Suppl 2) 17-18
13. Type-2 Diabetes Related Intermediate Phenotypic Traits in North Indian Diabetics. Endocrine Practice 2005 ; 11(Suppl 1): 16.
14. Prevalence of Metabolic Syndrome in India. The Clinical Biochemists Reviews,2004 ( Supple) S20.
15. Serum LP (a) and lipid profile in diabetes-a correlative study. 29th Annual conference of Association of Clinical Biochemists of India 2003, Jaipur, India.
16. Etiologic heterogeneity and mode of presentation among patients with Rickets and Osteomalacia. Endocrine society of India, Annual Conference, ESICON 1998, Varanasi (India).