Research & Publication
Department of Anaesthesia
List of publications 2016
1. Attenuation of extubation responses: Comparison of prior treatment with erapamil and Dexmeditomidine JNACC/Vol 3/Issue 1/Jan-Apr 2016 Authors: Dr. Tuhin Mistry, Dr. Shobha Purohit, Dr. Gunjan Arora, Dr. Nitesh Gill, Dr. Jaya Sharma
2. A comparative Study of Intrathecal Fentanyl and Dexmedetomidine as Adjuvants to Hyperbaric Levobupivacaine 0.5% and Hyperbaric Levobupivacaine 0.5% Alone in Infraumbilical Surgeries. Journals on Recent Advances in Pain , May-August 2016, 2(2): 44-48 Dr. Shweta Jain, Dr. Gaurav Sharma , Dr. Usha Bafna, Dr. Dilip Jain, Dr. Sunita Meena, Dr. Pranav Jetley.
3. CARDIOPULMONARY RESUSCITATION TRAINING FOR MEDICAL TEACHERS: Need Of the Hour International Journal of Recent Scientific Research Vol. 7, Issue, 7, pp. 12655-12657, July, 2016 Authors: Monica Jain1., Lokendra Sharma2., Reema Meena3., Alka Bansal4. Shivankan Kakkar5 and Charu Jain6
4. Comparison Study of Anaesthetic Properties of Bupivacaine Alone and A Combination of Dexamethasone And Bupivacaine, for Interscalene Brachial Plexus Block, in Upper Limb Surgery. IOSR. Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences (IOSR-JDMS) Vol 15, Issue 9 Ver. III (September .2016) PP 49-52 Authors: Dr. Isha Bijarnia, Dr. Alaka Purohit, Dr. Rakesh Kumar
5. Postspinal analgesic effect of transdermal fentanyl patch (2.5 mg and 5 mg) in abdominal hysterectomy: A randomized double blind control study. Indian Journal of Pain May August 2016 Vol 30 Issue 2 Authors: Dr. Ritika Gupta, Dr. Fareed Ahmed, Dr. Rama Chatterjee.
List of publications for the year 2015
1) Comparison of 0.5% ropivacaine alone and in combination with clonidine in supraclavicular brachial plexus block. Usha Bafna, Naresh Yadav, Mamta Khandelwal, Tuhin Mistry, CS Chatterjee, Rajeev Sharma. Indian J Pain 2015;29:41-5.
2) A comparative study of three different doses of nalbuphine as an adjuvant to intrathecal bupivacaine for postoperative analgesia in abdominal hysterectomy. Dr Mamta Khandelwal. Indian journal of pain (preacceptance)
3) A comparative study of effect of sevoflurane on intubating conditions with rocuronium in neurosurgical patients. Saikat Mitra, Shobha Purohit, Sonali Bhatia, Poonam Kalra, Satya Prakash Sharma. Indian J Anaesth 2015;59:774-8.
4) REVIEW ARTICLE: Lung isolation, one-lung ventilation and hypoxaemia during lung isolation. Atul Purohit, Suresh Bhargava, Vandana Mangal, Vinod Kumar Parashar. Indian Journal of Anaesthesia, Year 2015, Volume 59, Issue 9 [p. 606-617]
5) Anaesthesia management of occipital meningoencephalocele: A case report. International Journal of sciences & Applied Research (IJSAR 2015;2(7):105-7)
6) The effect of intravenous dexamethasone on postoperative pain, nausea and vomiting after intrathecal pethidine and bupivacaine in lower limb orthopaedic surgeries. Dr Fareed Ahmed, Dr Alka Purohit, Dr Mamta Khandelwal. Anaesthesia, Pain and Intensive care (vol – 19 (3), 2015)
7) Anaesthesia consideration of caesarean delivery of a parturient without ‘ The Master Gland’. Dr Sushil Bhati, Dr C.S.Chatterjee, Dr Rama Chatterjee. Journal of obstretic anaesthesia and critical care, vol 5, issue 1, 2015.
8) Patient with congenital aortic stenosis undergoing noncardiac surgery: Anaesthetic implication Rashmi Singh, Neelam Dogra, Priyanka Jain. Int J Med Health Sci. Oct 2015, Vol-4;Issue-4.
9) Letter to editor. Airway management in neonate with Microcuff Pediatric endotracheal tube for correction of bilateral choanal atresia. Tuhin Mistry, Neelam Dogra, Priyanka Jain, Kanchan Chauhan. Anesthesia: Essays and Researches (ahead of print).
10) Sonographic assessment of predictors of depth of the corner pocket for ultrasound-guided supraclavicular brachial plexus block. Naveen Yadav, Arshad Ayub, Rakesh Garg, Samridhi Nanda, Babita Gupta, Chhavi Sawhney. Journal of Anaesthesiology Clinical Pharmacology, 2015, Vol 31 (4). (Ahead of print)
11) Babita, Singh B, Saiyed A, Meena R, Verma I, Vyas CK. A comparative study of labetalol and fentanyl on the sympathomimetic response to laryngoscopy and intubation in vascular surgeries. Karnataka Anaesth J 2015;1:64-8.
12) Anaesthetic management of primary repair of complete right bronchial rupture following blunt chest trauma. Santosh Chaudhary, Saiyad Anjum, Reema Meena, C.K.Vyas.
13) Agrawal N, Chatterjee C, Khandelwal M, Chatterjee R, Gupta MM. Comparative study of preoperative use of oral gabapentin, intravenous dexamethasone and their combination in gynaecological procedure. Saudi J Anaesth 2015;9:413-7.
14) Gill N, Purohit S, Kalra P, Lall T, Khare A. Comparison of hemodynamic responses to intubation: Flexible fiberoptic bronchoscope versus McCoy laryngoscope in presence of rigid cervical collar simulating cervical immobilization for traumatic cervical spine. Anesth Essays Res 2015;9:337-42.
List of publications 2014
1. Anaesthesia in lateral position for spinal surgery in pregnant female: Case report and review of literature JNACC/Vol 1 /Issue 2 /May-Aug 2014 Authors: Dr. Shobha Purohit, Dr. Saurabh Jain, Dr. Radhey. S. Mittal
2. Anesthetic management of intracranial hydrated cyst, A patient of disseminated hydatid disease-A case report IJAR/VOL 4/Issue 5/May 2014 Authors: Dr. Babita, Dr. Shobha Purohit, Dr Bhupendra Singh
3. To evaluate the effects of dexmeditomidine on intraocular pressure and hemodynamic changes in response to laryngoscopy and tracheal intubation JNACC/Vol 1/Issue 3/sep-Dec 2014 Authors: Dr.Tanuja, Dr. Shobha Purohit, Dr.Amit Kulshreshtha
4. Anesthetic management of Digeorge Syndrome Journal of case reports /vol 4/no.1/Jan-June 2014 Authors: Dr. Raksh Kundal, Dr.Priyanka Jain, Dr. Neelam Dogra, Dr. Vijay Kumar Kundal
5. Anesthetic and airway management of a post burn contracture neck patient with microstomia and distorted nasal anatomy. IJA/Vol 58/Issue 2/Mar-Apr 2014 Authors: Dr Rajni Mathur, Dr. Pawan K Jain, Dr. Pranay Singh Chakotiya, Dr. Pratibha Rathore
6. Rate dependent left bundle branch block during general anaesthesia: Lesson for a novice anesthetist Int J Bio Med Res.2014-ISSN:0976:6685 Authors: Dr.Manish Ruhela, Dr. Chandra B Meena, Dr Rajeev Bagarbhatta, Dr. Rameshwar Bishnoi, Dr. Mahipal Dhaka
7. Anesthetic management of adult tracheal stenosis IJAR/Vol 4/Issue 2/Feb 2014 Authors: Dr. santosh, Dr Anjum sayed, Dr. Reema meena, Dr. Neelam Dogra
8. Anesthetic management of a neonate with congenital giant occipital encephelocele IJRRMS/Vol 4/No.4/Oct –Dec2014 Authors: Dr santosh, Dr Neelam Dogra, Dr Priyanka Jain
9. Spinal Anaesthesia a nobel choice for emergency caesarean section in a morbidly obese parturient with preeclampsia Sch J Med Case Rep 2014:2(3):204-207 Authors: Dr. Tuhin Mistry, Dr. Mamta Khandelwal, Dr. Sunil Chouhan, Dr. Sonu Goyal
10. A comparison of effect of preemptive use of oral gabapentin and pregabalin for acute post operative pain after surgery under spinal anesthesia. JOACP/Vol 30/Issue 3/Jul-Sep 2014 Author: Dr. Usha Bafna, Dr. Krishnamoorthy Rajarajeshwaran, Dr. Mamta Khandelwal, Dr. Anand Prakash Verma.
11. Perioperative neonatal and pediatric blood transfusion IJA/Vol 58/Issue 5/Sep–Oct 2014 Authors: Dr. Avnish Bharadwaj, Dr. Mamta Khandewal, Dr. Suresh Kumar Bhargava
12. Anesthetic management of descendin thoracic aortobifemoral bpass for aortoiliac occlusive disease: Our experience. SaudiJA/Vol 8/Issue 1/Jan –Mar2014 Authors: Dr. Anjum Saiyed, Dr. Reema Meena, Dr.Indu Verma, Dr.CK Vyas
13. Anesthetic management of posterior mediastinal mass:a a case report. Egyptian J Cardiothoracic Anesthesia 2014,8:104-107 Authors: Dr. Anjum Saiyed, Dr. Reema Meena, Dr. Indu Verma, Dr. Babita Ambesh
14. Anesthetic management of an infant with a giant interparietal meningoencephalocele. Journal of case report:Vol 4/Issue 1/Jan –June 2014 Authors: Dr. Avneesh Khare, Dr. Neelam Dogra, Dr. Avnish Bharadwaj, Dr. Priyanka Jain, Dr. Raksha Kundal
15. Anesthetic management for splenectomy in thalassemia minor complicated with SLE and hypothyroidism. IJAR/Vol 4/Issue 4/Apr 2014 Authors: Dr. Neelam Dogra, Dr. Avnish Bharadwaj, Dr. Priyanka Jain, Dr. Raksha Kundal
16. Unanticipated difficult intubation caused by unexpected laryngeal web in a case of bilateral abductor palsy. Journal of case reports/Vol 4/no.2/jul-dec 2014 Authors: Dr. Sunita Meena, Dr. Brajesh Kumar Ratre, Dr. Usha Bafna, Dr. Mangilal Deganwa
17. A case of apert syndrome for skull baser repair following surgery for craniosynostosis. Journal of case reports /vol 4/ no. 2/ jul- Dec 2014 Authors: Dr. Rajat Dadheech, Dr. Usha Bafna, Dr. Sunita Meena , Dr. Neelam Dogra