RNT MEDICAL COLLEGE AT A GLANCE
Ravindra Nath Tagore Medical College,Udaipur was established in the year 1961, spread in 57 acres and situated in heart of the City. In 1966 the college received recognition from MCI. The Medical College now offers 150 seats in graduation, 12 seats in diploma courses and 106 seats in post-graduation. Institute is also providing DM course in Cardiology and M.Ch. in Neurosurgery/ CTVS departments.
There are three Associated Group of Hospitals under the institute :-
A. Maharana Bhupal Hospital having 1306 beds and 145290 OPD per year.
B. Pannadhay Zanana Hospital having 440 beds and 1800000 OPD per year with an average of 20,000 deliveries per year.
C. TB and Chest Hospital, Bari having 260 beds and 33,000 OPD per year.
The institute provides super specialty services to patients from this district and also nearby districts of MP and Gujarat in field of Cardiology, CTVS, Neurology, Neuro Surgery, Nephrology, GI Medicine, Plastic Surgery, Pediatric Surgery and Radiation Oncology.
There is a library, Administrative Building, 99 Residential Quarters for Faculty and Nursing Staff, Two Lodges(Dharmshala) to house attendants of poor patients and also two hostels for under undergraduate students, One Hostel for Post Graduate Students and one Hostel for UG. and P.G. Girls Students having in all 664 rooms to accommodate 808 students within the campus. The institute also has a rural health training center at Vallabhnagar located 40 Km. from city and one urban health training center at Dhanmandi to provide field training to under graduate, post graduate students and Interns.s
The institute has a well-equipped central lab providing pathology microbiology and biochemistry diagnostic services. It also has a well developed Radiology Department having facilities of Digital X-ray, Ultra Solography and CT scan. MRI center is working in PPP mode.
Some important milestones :-
Separate Cardiology Department was established in the year 2002 with finalcial Assistance of Rupees 6.5 Cr. by HZL (Vedanta Group). Services like ECHO, TMT, Angiography, Angioplasty and Holter are being provided through this center.
· A Cardiothoracic surgical unit was built within this center in the year 2006 with financial Assistance from RSMM, Ltd. Udaipur.
· A Trauma Center having 97 beds has been built in the campus in the year 2011 with the financial Assistance from GOI under CSS.
· An ART center has been functioning in the institute since 28th December, 2007. All tests related to HIV/ AIDS including CD-4, counselling and ARV treatment is being provided free of cost.
· A Geriatric Medicine unit has been built and now under operation under CM Announcement 2012-13 Budget.
· Newly built Swine Flu ward is now ready and in use.
· HMIS- The work under Arogya Online project in the institute and Associated Group of Hospitals is complete and likely to go online in near future.
· The work of E-library project is complete and likely to be commissioned soon.
· The institute is providing free medicine and free investigation to all patients under the State Government Schemes like MNDY and MNJY. The other Government Schemes providing benefits to pregnant Woman, New Borns and handicaps include JSSY, Mukhya Mantri Shubh Laxmi Yojna, Jeevan Raksha Kosh and CM Relief fund.