Dept of Humanities & Social Sciences
State Institute of Educational Research and Training, Udaipur
Department of Humanities and Social Science
Introduction & Objectives
The department performs varied roles with the overall objective of bringing about qualitative improvement in Social Science, Language and art education in schools. It involves in the development of model syllabi, curriculum and teaching-learning material and text books in Social Science Language and art education up to the Upper Primary Stages. The department undertakes multifarious activities such as development of textbooks, other instructional materials like teachers’ handbook, training manuals, and supplementary readers with the objective of making social science learning interactive and enriching. Taking into consideration the need of the hour to enrich the vocabulary of school children in various disciplines of social sciences.
· Languages Cell– Hindi, English, Sanskrit and Urdu
· Third language Cell- Sanskrit, Panjabi, Urdu, Sindhi and Gujarati
· Art and Culture Cell – Art Education, Art & Culture
2. Social Science
· Social Science Cell
· Value Education Cell
The Department of Humanities and Social Science stresses on:
- To develop curriculum for Humanities and Social Sciences.
- To prepare text books for Humanities and Social Sciences.
- To develop teaching material for Humanities and Social Sciences.
- To develop training Modules for Humanities and Social Sciences.
- To impart training to the teacher trainers (KRPs) of Humanities and Social Sciences.
- To review the books of Humanities and Social Sciences.
- To arrange the text books for Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Field Survey of developed text books, review and remedial measures.
- To provide training in the usage of Language to the teachers /administrators.
- To survey field problems related to language / arts and provide remedial measures.
- To review and edit the various published papers and magazines by the education department.
- To set up Language Lab and provide remedies to language related problems.
- To provide expert academic advice for policy making in the field of Art, Language and Social Science for schools of the state.