Rules and Regulations
Govt. College of Nursing (GCON), Jaipur
Rules and Regulations
1. Every student admitted to the Govt Nursing College shall have to follow rules and regulations.
2. Students are responsible to the Principal for their behavior, both in and outside the campus.
3. All decisions taken by the college administration are final and binding on the students.
4. Students should maintain silence in the classes, library, reading room and in the corridors. Students should make every effort to take care of the college and hospital property and help in maintaining the same. They should not write on the blackboard, scribble on tables, chairs, walls etc.
5. Students are not allowed to come directly to the Principal's office. They can come only with the permission of the class coordinator.
6. Students should greet the lecturers when they see them for the first time in the college/hospital/hostel, etc.
7. If the students have any problem, they inform the class representative and the class representative will intimate it to the class coordinators. If the problem is not solved at the class coordinator's level, then the class coordinator will present it to the Principal. No students should bypass the above-mentioned channels. Exceptions are allowed only if the problem is utmost urgent/serious.
8. Ragging is an offence. Ragging is strictly prohibited in the college campus as well as in the hostel. Any student/students involved in such activities will be immediately expelled from the institution. Both junior and senior students are required to maintain a cordial relationship with each other and a disciplined atmosphere in the college campus.
9. A student nurse is not allowed to receive a gift or gratuity of any sort at any time from the patients of the hospital or their relatives.
10. If a student is in need to get leave from the college or hospital in the middle of a day, for any emergency, he/she should get sanction from the class coordinator and a letter to that effect must be produced from the parent or guardian.
11. Regular and punctual attendance in all class activities like lectures, demonstrations, practical, clinical teaching, tutorials, tests, etc., is mandatory. Usual college time is 8 am – 3 pm and in clinical, 8:30 am – 2:30 pm.
12. Students must have to participate in all college activities like clinical duties, conferences, guest lectures, seminars as well as sports, cultural activities, etc.
13. As per University, INC and SNC regulations, no student shall be allowed to appear in the annual examination of the concerned subject if his/her practical, hospital posting and bedside clinical areas, etc., attendance should not fall short of 100% of the total sessions.
14. Leave of absence from the classes must be taken from the teachers.
15. In case of illness, permission shall have to be obtained from the principal to remain absent from studies and must submit sickness/fitness certificate.
16. The student must clear all the dues of the college & hostel before the commencement of the exam; otherwise, she/he will not be allowed to attend the exams.
17. Any student who damages the reputation of the college in any way is liable to be punished. If any student discontinues the course, he/she shall clear all dues for the remaining duration of the course. If he/she fails to pay, his/her original certificates will not be returned. Original certificates will be returned at the time of leaving the college when students clear the dues.
18. Students are required to maintain ethical and professional standards in behavior both inside and outside the college, hospital, hostel and community premises.
19. Each student is responsible for the proper handling and safe custody of any apparatus or equipment that he/she may be used in different nursing labs. Misuse or negligence will result in the replacement of the particular by the candidate. Any willful damage done to the property of the college and hospital will be treated as a breach of discipline.
20. Students are not allowed to paste notices within the institutions without prior written permission from the office of the principal.
21. Students are forbidden to communicate with any outside authority directly. All such communications must be submitted through the office of the Principal. Any student infringing this rule is liable to be suspended.
22. For any kind of misbehavior with staff or creating disturbances in the classroom and in the college premises by a student or group of students, a full range of disciplinary action will be taken i.e. student will be punished and depending upon his/her fault can be under legal action.
23. Taking an active part in politics will result in being expelled from the institution. Coming on hospital duty or entering the institute premises in an unpresentable appearance will be liable to punishment.
24. Students are required to wear a full uniform during college and hospital and jewellery, earrings, painted fingernails, threads and bracelets on hands, etc., are not allowed. Students must be neat and tidy in their dress.
25. Students are required to carry their identity cards during college hours, clinical and whenever they are going out and must be produced whenever it is asked by the concerned authority.
26. Use of mobile phones is strictly prohibited in the college campus and clinical area.
27. College campus is the tobacco-free zones so don’t use any kind of such substances otherwise punishable.
Information to Parents/Guardians
All efforts on the part of the college, however sincere and dedicated it may be, will go all set unless wholehearted cooperation comes from the guardians of the students as well as the students themselves. The process of learning is always like two-way traffic. Therefore, a close, consistent and integrated interaction between the college and the guardians are most essentially required. The college has lain down and open clear administrative and academic plan. The college provides the services of the best possible highly qualified and experienced teaching faculty. It provides a congenial and educational environment to the students in the college. Efficient arrangements of practices are undertaken along with theory. A cumulative record of the performance of the students is maintained, and the guardians are duly informed of the progress of their wards. Internal examinations/monthly test are conducted and the guardians are duly informed.
In order to see an efficient functioning of the college, all guardians are requested to lend a helping and cooperating hand to the working teams, both on the administrative and academic sides.