Institution at a Glance
District Institute Of Education Training ( DIET ) Churu
Churu is said to be the Gateway to the Thar Desert. Churu is surrounded by high golden sand dunes. Perhaps, it is the most arid district of the state not worth landing of it being arid, it is, historically and culturally, not a dry district. Churu district has a treasure of historical, Cultural, religious heritage and wild life. It is the land of Bhakt Shyam Pandiya, brave Baneer and Mal Dev, Dadrewa the birth place of Gogaji, sacrificial alter of Sheoji Singh and the citizens of Churu, Who under seize offered their silver to be melled for cannon balls. Banks of the Sarswati, Guru Dron’s meditations Place, Hanuman temple at Salasar, Guru Govind Singhji’s Gurudwara at Sahawa, the Maths of Jainjatis, Aghorisat Malase etc. The exquivisitely incomparable frescoed havelis, Temples, Chhatris and Reservoirs, the black buck sanctuary. Even the famous dance katthak originated from here.
The foundation of Churu DIET building was laid on 13th February, 1992 and was inaugurated on 25th January, 1996.
The Institution has been imparting training to in service teachers and pre service teachers since its inception. The Institution is committed to impart quality training, Research and co-curricular activities. The departments function according to their objectives and guide lines.
Climate --- The climate of the district is arid and severe. In summer the temperature rises to 50 Celsius but in winter goes below freezing point.
Geographical Location : Churu
Area : 13858 Square Km
Population : 2041172
Male : 1053375
Female : 987797
Rural : 1464691
Urban : 576481
Sex ratio : 940 Per Thousand
Population Density : 148 People Per square km
Literacy : 67.46 Present
DIET Location : Latitude 28.3N Degree
74.9 E Degree
DIET Premises : 15 acre
Rajasthan government established DIET ‘S for planned implementation of national education policy 1986 to make education.
1. To impart training to in service and pre service teachers.
2. To conduct continuous training to the instructors and observers for formal and continuous education.
3. To conduct training and orientation for head of institutions for institutional planning management and planning on micro leve.
4. To conduct 8th board examination.
5. Renewal of social volunteer institutions volunteers and others who influence teaching at primary level.
6. To conduct action research and practical work.
7. To evaluation centre for formal and continuous education for primary/upper primary education.
8. To play the role of resource centre to provide teaching and learning material to the teachers and instructors.
9. To provide advice and cooperation to the district educational units.
1. To publish educational research and innovations.
2. To develop teaching learning material produces reading material and assess.